“Great stay! Would come back again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Austrian Court, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #73 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Waseca, Minnesota, United States
“Great stay! Would come back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at Courtyard Orlando on International Drive on August 14th-18th and had a wonderful stay. I read the reviews before booking the trip and everyone seemed pleased with their stay so I'm glad I chose to stay here. I was traveling for the Miss America's Outstanding Teen pageant which was held at the convention center and I felt the location was a short distance and easy trip to get there. This was my first time travelling alone and was nervous about that but I felt very safe at your hotel. When I left each night I was greeted and when I would arrive back around 1am someone was always at the door to greet me which was so nice. The hotel was clean and the little bistro was nice for a quick meal. I used the little quick stop to get beverages during the day which was nice. I used the pool twice during my stay and I liked that it was nice and quiet and very clean. There is tropical music playing in the speakers which was perfect to lay out and relax to. The housekeeping staff was wonderful and very helpful when I needed some more supplies. There was a great deal of info for anyone looking for something to do and as for places to visit or eat, the location is great! Disney Parks were very close.I walked mostly during the day or would hop on the trolley. I would say for me my only struggle with the trolley was that it didn't run late at night so I ended up taking cabs often from the Rosen Center Hotel which got spendy but again, I felt very safe in the cabs. The rooms were clean and I thought the bed was very comfty!! I slept like a rock! Thank you for the wonderful service. I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family and come back again or at least stay at another Courtyard when travelling in the future!

Room Tip: I had a king size bed which was wonderful. very quiet area. I was on the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to write this review.
We are also very happy that your experience with us while attending the Pageant was
enjoyable and helped you to be productive and successful.
As you mentioned our location is very central and within walking distance of many
restaurants and some attractions. You also mentioned that when arriving back late at night
you felt comfortable and welcome and we credit that to the well lit streets in the vicinity making
this a secure enviroment.
Again we thank you for your review, your business and hope to see you next time you visit Orlando.
Best Regards

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Yeovil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am writing this review whilst on my last but one day in this lovely Hotel. My daughter and I were greeted with smiles the minute we stepped into the lobby on our evening of arrival and have found the staff always greeting us with a smile whatever time of day, they are always pleased to see you and to assist in any way, shape or form. The Manager is a lovely chap and again most helpfull and happy to assist and go the extra mile for sure.

The room was absoultely spotless and I have stayed in 4* hotels in the UK that were no where near as clean and refreshed each day. The staff cleaning the rooms really do make an excellent job, no shortcuts that is for sure.

When we have needed a taxi the reception staff have been happy to call one. We would definitely return to this hotel should we find ourselves in Orlando again. It is centrally placed on International drive with plenty of nice restaurants to suit all tastes in the vicinity. The I-ride is on hand just a few hundred yards away too which is good to know.

I cannot praise the staff in this hotel enough and have had an exceptional visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your vacation to write a review.
This really means alot to us!!
We are glad to know that we have provided the service that you expected and that we are
able to make your experience a very enjoyable one.
We appreciate any feed back good or not so good as it enables us to improve our product
and services.
We hope to serve you when you visit Orlando next.
Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Writing this reveiw as im still here because i cant find one thing negative to say! Me and my fiance are here from the uk for 2 weeks. Our first week has just come to an end. And normally i write reviews after but cant find nothing wrong with the hotel. The maid servce is good with rooma cleaned daily. Pool area is really clean. And looks lovely at night time. Hotel is in a good area bang in the middle of i-drive with a super marker across the road and 2 all you can eat buffets with an i trolley stop also near. The bistro services nice food and drinks which we tried upon our check in as we were too tired to go out. The thing that tops it off is the staff who work here. The can not be any nicer. Especially the reception staff who in the morning as you are passing ask how you are. And if we had any plans for today. Or theyd maybe recommend somewhere for us. And returning in the evening theyd ask if we had a good day Etc but they really sound interested in what we have to say unlike other places iv stayed. Nice to have a bit conversation as it makes us feel very welcome. The rooms are spotlessly clean with a mini fridge to keep things cold. A flat screen tv which is free to watch. Shower and bathroom also clean. Nice size room and the bed is really comfy. If i return to florida next year. I will be staying here!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your review while still staying with us at the Courtyard International Drive.
We value any comments from our guests and appreciate you taking the time out of your
vacation to submit this review. We are very happy that you are having an enjoyable
experience and hope that we continue to serve you at the same level through out
your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach us if you need anything.
Thank you again.
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is an excellent choice. It is three miles from Universal Studios, which is perfect. It is located in a cul-de-sac and was peaceful and quiet throughout our stay. Check-in was quick and convenient, the room was very clean. During our stay, housekeeping was excellent. Everyone on the staff smiled and was pleasant. We used the pool after a long day at Universal, it was clean and very refreshing. There was a hot tub but it was closed for repair. This hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast buffet. There is breakfast available but it is quite pricey so we did not try it. There are restaurants and stores close by, some within walking distance. A small market is available just down from the hotel and it is a good place to buy bottled water, snacks for the room, and so forth. The room has a mini-fridge but no microwave. However, a microwave is available in the lobby. The bathroom features shower heads that actually put out a strong stream of water, which is a refreshing change from the usual "low flow" type shower heads. No problem with hot water either. Other than the lack of a breakfast buffet, I cannot think of a single negative. The rates were very good for the area, the room was quiet, and we had no issues or complaints. Will absolutely stay here again the next time I am in Orlando.

Room Tip: For maximum quiet, request a room on a higher floor (there are only 4), and away from the interstate...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard International Drive. We are happy that your experience was an enjoyable one.
As you mentioned we are always trying to improve our facilities and will be finished with our extended exercise room providing our guests with additional exercise equipment. We continue to seek ways to improve through our guest feedback and appreciate your comments.
Thank you again for your business and comments.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent location. 5 minutes from Univresal parks and about 25 minutes from Disney Parks. Close to international drive full of good restaurants and pubs. Second time here , fisrt in 2011.Rooms are very clean , and hotel is located in a very quiet area. Rolando the breakfast attendant makes the difference with his helpufull and corteous way to serve. Mitch in the front desk is very polite and was ready to help us with a nice room. Wi fi service is good as the pool area.The only point is that the breakfast is very tastef altough it´s but not a buffet.

Room Tip: take a upper level room facing the pool. the rooms in front of highway I4 are prone to be noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you staying with us during your visit to Orlando again. We hope your return
to Brazil was a safe one and will look forward to your next visit.
We value your comments and will recognize the staff members mentioned for
their service and hospitality.
Please find my email address below for further information or reference.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We picked this Courtyard because it was very close to Universal Studios (less than 5 miles). Besides that it's also a great location because there are many restaurants very close by, even with walking distance.

As for the Hotel itself, it's a no-frills, typical Courtyard- which was fine with us - meaning no issues, clean spacious room, free parking, etc. Check in was easy and front desk was helpful and friendly. We did not use any of the onsite amenities.

Room Tip: For our stay, the room key had a $3off coupon on the back for nearby Pizzeria Uno, which we used. yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feed back on your experience at the Courtyard International Drive.
We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay and wish that you will return to
us when you visit Olando next.
I have included my email address below if you need to communicate with us further or
for future reference.
Berks, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and even though i was disappointed we had been moved from the castle hotel which is closed for refurb we really liked the hotel, walking distance to several places to eat including my Fav Bahama Breeze. The hotel is very clean and the staff are so nice. If i had to be picky i would say it would have been better if the safe was in the room and not behind reception.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Courtyard International Drive. Even though you had not planned to stay with us we appreciate you taking the time to give us feed back on your stay.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and will be reviewing the possibility of installing in room safes for our guests.
We appreciate the business and feed back.
Nirmal Hans

Been to Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center? Share your experiences!