“Nice stay for the $$” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #256 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Medina, Ohio
“Nice stay for the $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holiday. We were visiting family and wanted inexpensive accommodations. The Quality Inn provided us a clean comfortable stay.
This hotel has a great location, centrally located between the Walt Disney World, Universal Studios,Sea World and other area attractions. Since it was Christmas the hotel was filled to capacity at night, but emptied out during the day.
They do serve continental breakfast, but you have to get there VERY early to avoid a long line and wait for food and a table.
I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Internet access seemed better in areas closer to lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Worst Quality experience ever! Room was bad, shower was not clean and you can always see water leaking from ACs when you pass by the rooms. Breakfast is free and not that bad but sitting area is so small for a big property like this! Need up-gradation in every sector..............Thank God, just stayed for a night! And yes, not going back for sure!

St. Augustine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am a big believer in this site! However, this time I went against the grain and stayed at the Quality Suites Universal South. I should've listened to the reviews. The room was not bad at first glance, but when I looked closer it was rather nasty. The first thing that happened within ten minutes of arriving was that the bathroom sink was clogged and then started leaking bad onto the floor from the actual pipes. I called the front desk and they immediately sent us to another room (two doors down after we packed everything back in the car and drove all the way up to the office!) So the new room was basically the same minus the leak. The rooms are not clean and are in major need of upgrading. Trust me I am NOT a hotel snob, but this place needs alot of help. Also, the bathroom area was disgusting. The front of the toilet bowl (on the outside) had either feces or blood stained all over it! The caulking is moldy and the crevices and corners, YUCK.
Breakfast is ridiculous. I have NEVER had to wait in line at a hotel to get breakfast, This line looked like a refugee camp. It was terrible, The food was nasty, I have stayed at many hotels with breakfast areas, It doesn't have to be fancy to be good. I was watching the women who were fixing the food and in between using their cell phones (with plastic gloves since they are handling food- so much for that when using a phone) they just slopped it out there. Well, it was just really gross, The next day we skipped it and went out and paid for our breakfast. Also, you will find it hard pressed to hear anyone speaking English in this hotel. The beds are teeny tiny double beds.
It also has outside doors which we did not know, so it does not feel very secure.
Trust me, PLEASE, skip this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Should have looked at the reviews before I booked this hotel! We had no hot water and had to take a cold bath and shower the night we got there. The tub would not drain and the next morning we had to stand in about 4 inches of water to take a shower. I called the front desk and they were no help and informed me that there was nothing they could do. When I asked to move to another room, they said the motel was full and no available rooms were to be had. The staff was very rude and uncaring. There was not a manager on site to speak to that night or the next morning at 10:00. To me this was unacceptable!

Room Tip: Would not recommend this hotel!
Ponce, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

A hotel with economic rates. Good free breakfast with eggs,waffles,bread,yougurt fruits,muffings and juice and coffee. Great location near Universal and Sea World. Nice heated pool and clean. A negative point is the towels in the pool are few and little. But all everything is ok.

• Stayed July 2012
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I checked in Quality Suites not only to be ignored, that my room was full of mold & yet another I looked at, they would not refund me nor relocate me in what I consider a severe health problem. I had no where to go where the hotels were sky rocked, thus I emphasized the severity of that it made me gravely ill that I even got a mask for the few hours I stayed. Board of health went there to review the two rooms, ironically, you know they covered it up not to be shown and said occupied for a 1 week, right..........Liars, they are covering up & if they challenge my reversal on my credit card that was honored, they will be dealing with a lot more., I am still ill a week later. I spent hours 3.5 in the lobby to fix with Priceline to put me elsewhere and the Quality Suites, claimed there was no MOD, bologne, what kind of operation is this, I begged, because of the health issue that my mother almost died from mold and on medicine for the rest of her life. I am more than disgusted!!!!!! Oh yeah, no internet, cold shower and outlets did not work to top off this horrible stay for my Christmas Party in town. No Privacy Door Announcement, made my own and they took it down too!!!!! What nerve. Front desk ignored me for a long time like Eduardo S said, making personal calls overheard!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hi

the staf was kind of us but be aware, the shuttle they offer is not theirs, it is from the orange county centre and very ofeten it did not show up and it only rides at 08h30 AM when the convention center opens at 10h00 AM so a lot of waiting time

be aware that the distance from the orange county convention center is a distance in miles on a map, not the real distance as they have no crossroads, an average cab ride

to the convention center: apro 15$
to disnet magic kingdom aprox 32$
to the airport or back : aprox 50$

so the distance to those locations is not a benefit as it seems to be,
the staf at the reception desk was very kind, wifi was good, swimming pool also good, breakfast rather poor (hamburgers and waffles, no bacon, ham or fresh cheese)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Quality Suites Universal South? Share your experiences!