“We will never stay at this hotel again!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #256 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“We will never stay at this hotel again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Should have looked at the reviews before I booked this hotel! We had no hot water and had to take a cold bath and shower the night we got there. The tub would not drain and the next morning we had to stand in about 4 inches of water to take a shower. I called the front desk and they were no help and informed me that there was nothing they could do. When I asked to move to another room, they said the motel was full and no available rooms were to be had. The staff was very rude and uncaring. There was not a manager on site to speak to that night or the next morning at 10:00. To me this was unacceptable!

Room Tip: Would not recommend this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

A hotel with economic rates. Good free breakfast with eggs,waffles,bread,yougurt fruits,muffings and juice and coffee. Great location near Universal and Sea World. Nice heated pool and clean. A negative point is the towels in the pool are few and little. But all everything is ok.

• Stayed July 2012
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I checked in Quality Suites not only to be ignored, that my room was full of mold & yet another I looked at, they would not refund me nor relocate me in what I consider a severe health problem. I had no where to go where the hotels were sky rocked, thus I emphasized the severity of that it made me gravely ill that I even got a mask for the few hours I stayed. Board of health went there to review the two rooms, ironically, you know they covered it up not to be shown and said occupied for a 1 week, right..........Liars, they are covering up & if they challenge my reversal on my credit card that was honored, they will be dealing with a lot more., I am still ill a week later. I spent hours 3.5 in the lobby to fix with Priceline to put me elsewhere and the Quality Suites, claimed there was no MOD, bologne, what kind of operation is this, I begged, because of the health issue that my mother almost died from mold and on medicine for the rest of her life. I am more than disgusted!!!!!! Oh yeah, no internet, cold shower and outlets did not work to top off this horrible stay for my Christmas Party in town. No Privacy Door Announcement, made my own and they took it down too!!!!! What nerve. Front desk ignored me for a long time like Eduardo S said, making personal calls overheard!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hi

the staf was kind of us but be aware, the shuttle they offer is not theirs, it is from the orange county centre and very ofeten it did not show up and it only rides at 08h30 AM when the convention center opens at 10h00 AM so a lot of waiting time

be aware that the distance from the orange county convention center is a distance in miles on a map, not the real distance as they have no crossroads, an average cab ride

to the convention center: apro 15$
to disnet magic kingdom aprox 32$
to the airport or back : aprox 50$

so the distance to those locations is not a benefit as it seems to be,
the staf at the reception desk was very kind, wifi was good, swimming pool also good, breakfast rather poor (hamburgers and waffles, no bacon, ham or fresh cheese)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Curitiba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I just got this hotel because I bid on Priceline. Before my trip, I called them asking if I could cancel my reservation, They didn't cancel, so I had to stay there. I knew it would be a bad experience.

PRO's
- Location (I don't consider a very bad location like other people are saying, if you are driving)
- Free parking
- Free internet (the speed was ok to skype and check my emails)

CON's
- The maintenance guy just opened the door while I was inside without knocking the door or asking permission, so the place is not safe.
- I found a cockroach on the carpet.
- Dirt bathroom.
- Furniture and tv outdate.
- Rude staff. The front desk made me wait 15 min. while she was on the phone.
- Huge line for the breakfast. Not enough seat for the guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Carolina, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I checked in for three days and on the second day I found roaches walking around the carpet. On the third Day I found hair on the towels that should be clean. It was discus-ting! The room was not clean the surface have dust. Also the light of the bathroom was broken. When I go to the breakfast buffet they only have sausage, and bagels. It was a disaster.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is HORRENDOUS!! We checked in for two nights but only stayed one after waking up to find multiple large, swollen bug bites on all of my children. The staff was rude about it and unhelpful, however they did have housekeeping tear the hotel room apart to check for bugs. During the process of our short stay, a $400 Toshiba tablet was taken. Two days after our checkout the front desk staff confirmed they had the tablet and would keep it for safekeeping so we could pick it up, but when we arrived two hours later to retrieve it, it was missing again. It has now been over 1 week, our trip is over, and management has been impossible to get a hold of, the tablet has not been returned, and a police report has been filed for felony theft.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites Universal South? Share your experiences!