“Modest Price, Modest Facility” 3 of 5 stars

Bryan's Spanish Cove
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   13875 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Ranked #185 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
franklin tn
“Modest Price, Modest Facility”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Unit was large - 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with full kitchen. Unit was mostly clean, but the shower curtain liner was disgusting; a simple $15 fix. Proximity to Disneyworld was nice, as was proximity to Publix. Kitchen supplies were adequate, but couldn't make pancakes and bacon at the same time. Might return, might not.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bromilee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Location - literally 5 minute drive along the main road outside the accommodation to the entrance of Disney World. Interstate 4 is right outside then couple of blocks down right again and that takes you straight to Universal/Wet n Wild/International Drive about 10 minutes. Walmart is left outside and a 5 minute drive along the same road. There are loads of restaurants along the road outside within walking distance. Highly recommend Bahama Breeze. Brilliant experience with amazing food and cocktails.

Villas - very spacious and clean. We had two bedroom apartments both with En Suite. Beds are super comfortable and showers are great. Oven Microwave and Fridge are all huge so stock up and munchies and eat in some nights. Everything you generally need at home is in the rooms we didn't miss anything.

Pool - is small but you literally have it to yourself most of the time as everybody is probably out enjoying the parks. The best thing about it though is it overlooks a stunning lake (make sure you watch the sun rise over it first thing in the morning its absolutely amazing) the scenery is beautiful. You see some unusual birds swoop by and there are turtles in the lake that pop up occasionally when your out on the free to hire paddle boats A MUST!

There is also a hot tub under a little canopy which is open until 11pm with the pool. A late night swim and soak in the tub is a treat.

Staff - overly friendly and very helpful and informative. Especially a young lady by the name of Sheka i think???? Couldn't be more helpful if they tried.

Only reason i didn't give a 5 is lack of facilities/entertainment/bar/food etc but not a big deal because you can bring your own but it was the only thing missing we thought.

Room Tip: Request room overlooking lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

More than I expected. I always stay in a suite where ever I go. and this one was very clean. Everything was there. You get more than you really expect. Toiletries, beach towels, washer soap, dishwasher soap, coffee, etc........... You even get free coffee in the lounge and bagels too. The pool was clean. the rooms were superb. the scenery was beautiful. The staff was excellent. We arrived after midnight and the security guard escorted us to our room and made sure the keys worked. I would recommend this place to everyone. You get 2 patios, 1 private one off the bedroom and 1 off the living room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Catlett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in September 2012. We were very impressed with the cleanliness inside the condo. We stayed on the 2nd floor. It had cathedral ceilings and was very spacious. I had spoken to Mike the day before we arrived and I had asked him if there was a washer and dryer in the condo and he said 'yes. It has all the comforts of home' and he was absolutely correct. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was a little unsure of staying at Bryan's because we had previously stayed at the Sheraton Vistana across the street and loved it's modern amenities and various pools around the resort. Although Bryan's is a little dated, we loved it. It was not crowded and it was extremely comfortable. My husband, son and I took advantage of the pool which was very clean and hardly anyone was ever there. The sunset from the deck was gorgeous and a nice way to relax at the end of the day. We failed to make use of the boats and fishing but we plan to next time. My husband also had to use the internet wi-fi which cost $30 for the week which we didn't seem to think that was a bad price. They also had board games at the front desk which we borrowed, free of charge to use while our 2 year old son was sleeping. Monday through Friday, I believe between 7-9am (I could be wrong) they had a continental breakfast available in the room above the office. We never got a chance to check it out because we had bought breakfast foods to make in the morning.

Our rental was great. The kitchen was huge and adequate including plates, utensils, glasses and pans and more. We definitely made use of having a kitchen and am sure we saved quite a bit doing so. We also did laundry which was a nice convenience to have within the rental. Dish soap, dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent was available. There was also a note stating that if we needed more supplies that the front desk would be happy to provide us with more. (Though, I believe that there was an extra charge for the laundry detergent but very nominal.)

The area was excellent as well. Up and down the road were restaurants, shopping and grocery stores. To the south about a mile or more down is a Publix where we purchased our groceries. Disney was about a 5 minute drive and easily accessible. It is very hard to lose your way.

All in all, my husband and I loved it. The one thing I do wish they had was a small gym or an area where one could run. I wanted to run in the morning but didn't feel comfortable running along 535 by myself as the sun didn't rise til 7am ish. This isn't necessarily a complaint but more of a suggestion.

Everyone was friendly and welcoming and we loved the resort. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: We asked for a room by the pool but none were available. It did not matter anyways as the resort is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

MySelf and Family stayed @ The Bryan's Spanish Cove 19th August Thru 25 th of August and what a wonderful Staff , Very Clean and the pool and amenities were great, The staff did there best to also help us with a Pool View and Lake view that I had requested prior to arriving , while checking in they assigned us to Room # 217, What a wonderful site , Thank you from all of my family and will see you'll Again Soon:) I also work in Tourism in Savannah Georgia as a Tour Guide and am glad to see you'll enjoy your job as well ,, Good work folks , an Thanks again:) Rick Janssen

Room Tip: Room # 217 Pool an Lake view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dover, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family of six just went to Bryan's in August 2012. It was just the kind of resort we were looking for. With four active boys, we didn't want some high-rise, crowded resort. Bryan's was very family friendly and small enough to feel comfortable. The rooms were very nice and clean and the washer/dryer in the suite was a great bonus. The biggest plus is the staff. They were very helpful and eager for us to have a great stay. We even met with the General Manager, Will, who was very helpful in taking care of a slight problem we had. If I go back to the Orlando area, I would definitely stay here again. The price was right and it was just the kind of resort that makes you feel at home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bryan's Spanish Cove? Share your experiences!