“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #144 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Catlett
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in September 2012. We were very impressed with the cleanliness inside the condo. We stayed on the 2nd floor. It had cathedral ceilings and was very spacious. I had spoken to Mike the day before we arrived and I had asked him if there was a washer and dryer in the condo and he said 'yes. It has all the comforts of home' and he was absolutely correct. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was a little unsure of staying at Bryan's because we had previously stayed at the Sheraton Vistana across the street and loved it's modern amenities and various pools around the resort. Although Bryan's is a little dated, we loved it. It was not crowded and it was extremely comfortable. My husband, son and I took advantage of the pool which was very clean and hardly anyone was ever there. The sunset from the deck was gorgeous and a nice way to relax at the end of the day. We failed to make use of the boats and fishing but we plan to next time. My husband also had to use the internet wi-fi which cost $30 for the week which we didn't seem to think that was a bad price. They also had board games at the front desk which we borrowed, free of charge to use while our 2 year old son was sleeping. Monday through Friday, I believe between 7-9am (I could be wrong) they had a continental breakfast available in the room above the office. We never got a chance to check it out because we had bought breakfast foods to make in the morning.

Our rental was great. The kitchen was huge and adequate including plates, utensils, glasses and pans and more. We definitely made use of having a kitchen and am sure we saved quite a bit doing so. We also did laundry which was a nice convenience to have within the rental. Dish soap, dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent was available. There was also a note stating that if we needed more supplies that the front desk would be happy to provide us with more. (Though, I believe that there was an extra charge for the laundry detergent but very nominal.)

The area was excellent as well. Up and down the road were restaurants, shopping and grocery stores. To the south about a mile or more down is a Publix where we purchased our groceries. Disney was about a 5 minute drive and easily accessible. It is very hard to lose your way.

All in all, my husband and I loved it. The one thing I do wish they had was a small gym or an area where one could run. I wanted to run in the morning but didn't feel comfortable running along 535 by myself as the sun didn't rise til 7am ish. This isn't necessarily a complaint but more of a suggestion.

Everyone was friendly and welcoming and we loved the resort. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: We asked for a room by the pool but none were available. It did not matter anyways as the resort is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

MySelf and Family stayed @ The Bryan's Spanish Cove 19th August Thru 25 th of August and what a wonderful Staff , Very Clean and the pool and amenities were great, The staff did there best to also help us with a Pool View and Lake view that I had requested prior to arriving , while checking in they assigned us to Room # 217, What a wonderful site , Thank you from all of my family and will see you'll Again Soon:) I also work in Tourism in Savannah Georgia as a Tour Guide and am glad to see you'll enjoy your job as well ,, Good work folks , an Thanks again:) Rick Janssen

Room Tip: Room # 217 Pool an Lake view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dover, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family of six just went to Bryan's in August 2012. It was just the kind of resort we were looking for. With four active boys, we didn't want some high-rise, crowded resort. Bryan's was very family friendly and small enough to feel comfortable. The rooms were very nice and clean and the washer/dryer in the suite was a great bonus. The biggest plus is the staff. They were very helpful and eager for us to have a great stay. We even met with the General Manager, Will, who was very helpful in taking care of a slight problem we had. If I go back to the Orlando area, I would definitely stay here again. The price was right and it was just the kind of resort that makes you feel at home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I usually visit 'Orange Lake Country Club' when I travel to Orlando but i was unable to secure this for the first week of my holiday. I chose Bryans but was a little dubious as it was not an RCI gold crown resort.

On arrival my worries were quickly put to bed. The site itself has been taken care of to a high degree and was very clean and tidy. The reception staff were very friendly indeed and always willing to help.

I was talked through the various service / activities available to me during my stay. This included various board games, life jackets for use on the canoes / kayaks / peddle boats and equipment for use on the gas barbeques. All of these services were free of charge.

The pool was amazing, it looks a little small on the off-set but any time i was using it there were no more than a few people in the pool. the views from the pool were amazing over the lake. I used the pool at various times though tout the day and it was always peaceful, and this was during high season. There was a hot tub also which can house 4 people, its located in a nice little hut closer to the lake.

There are barbecues located between each building to the rear and decking at the rear of the building on the ground level and screened balconies on 1st level.

Breakfast is included but very basic. Serving oatmeal and bagels. However this is included in the cost so I can’t complain.

The unit itself is very nice indeed. a very large living space with open plan kitchen / dining / living space. There is a screened balcony off the living room that stretches round to the master bedroom with a table and chairs. Full kitchen and washing machine and tumble dryer.

The master bedroom is massive with a bigger than normal American bed. (im 6'5" and my feet did not hang out the bottom). The en suit has 2 sinks, shower over bath and toilet. The 2nd bedroom has 2 single beds and en suit.

Its location is perfect, just off the 535. 2 minutes from the I4 and the back entrance to Disney. I was less than a 15 minute drive to magic kingdom and universal studios. The 'Prime' shopping outlet is less than a 5 minute drive away. CiCi's, golden coral and Ponderosa are all within a few minutes’ drive.

I can’t stress how peaceful this resort is. It was so nice to come out of a busy park during the warmest part of the day and relax in quiet peaceful pool.

Bryans Spanish Cove is defiantly a hidden gem.

Room Tip: I stayed on 1st floor facing the 'jungle' and the views were amazing. There are rooms facing...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dalkeith, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We exchanged a week here through our timeshare company for the 2nd week of our 2 week vacation in Florida. We were a bit worried as our first week had been exceptional at the Hilton and we thought we might be disappointed. However we needn't have worried, we had a fantastic time. Now its no way Hilton quality or standard, its very quaint and the decor a bit dated but our 2 bedroom condo was very clean, spacious and comfortable and in the best location overlooking the pool and lake. It was also very close to Disney and all the attractions. We had the pool to ourselves a lot of the time, it was like having a private pool! It was welcoming to come home to after a day at the parks. We spent about 4 of the 7 days relaxing by the pool, the boys fished off the deck and we used the pedal boats - all an added bonus. The people were very friendly and helpful. All in all it was an enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: If possible get the units overlooking the pool and lake, that definitely made our stay much more enj...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Abingdon, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at Bryan's Spanish Cove during Memorial Day week. Our 2-bedroom condo was very clean and well-stocked. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, more than any other resort we've visited. They did everything they could to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. On the days we weren't visiting the parks (which are VERY close) our family of six found plenty of fun stuff to do... swimming in the pool, soaking in the hot tub, fishing every single day from the dock and from paddleboats & canoes out on the lake. We even enjoyed a wine & cheese tasting and bingo game on Wednesday afternoon. We really enjoyed out stay, and would recommend Bryan's to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bryan's Spanish Cove? Share your experiences!