I will begin this review by disclosing that Arnold Palmer has been my idol since I was a little kid. Despite that fact, this will be an unbiased review. My wife and I just returned from several days at a conference in Orlando. The conference was at a huge hotel located near Sea World with large crowds of people and packed swimming pools. Having grown tired of huge hotels, my wife and I decided to stay at Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge instead, which is located only about 10 minutes away from the conference hotel. We could not have been happier with our decision. Bay Hill Lodge, the staff, the golf course, and the other amenities are first rate. I mean this in a good way in saying that the facilities have the feel of a quaint country club from the 1970's. The lodge in located in the Bay Hill neighborhood, away from the busy streets of Orlando. The big secret is that many Floridians leave the area in the summer because it can be hot and humid, so summer is a slow period at Bay Hill Lodge. Coming from Texas, the humidity was no problem for me. With only about 65 rooms in the 2 story lodge, I can't imagine the busy season is even very crowded, but during our entire stay we felt like we had this fabulous facility much to ourselves. From the moment we were greeted by friendly John at the front door, we were treated like important members of an exclusive country club. There was staff everywhere, and each person made a point to say hello and ask if he or she could do anything for us. Cheryl and Sara, who work in the dining room and bar, remembered us each day and were a delight. If you admire Arnold Palmer as much as I do, you will be in awe of the Arnold Palmer pictures and other memorabilia throughout the lodge and in each guest room. There is a warm and cozy feel to the club, especially at night. Unlike the big hotel we avoided, at Bay Hill Lodge everything is quiet and calm, the food is excellent and reasonably priced (breakfast and lunch entrees around $10), the parking is free, and the staff does their best to make sure you have a memorable stay. There is a junior olympic swimming pool that was never overly crowded (club members and their kids were there). Because it was summer, golf was only about $80, and it was very easy to get on the course, which was in great shape. With 27 holes, if you want to go out on the course by yourself for a quick 9-holes, you can do it, as it was never crowded. There is also an excellent driving range and practice facility. My clubs were put on a golf cart the day we arrived, and each morning the golf cart was pulled out from the storage area with my golf clubs on it, awaiting my next round of golf. Our room had an amazing view overlooking the practice facility, and the room felt like a cozy ski lodge. From the bathroom fixtures to the furnishings, everything throughout the facility was top notch and looked new, but with an older charm. If you are tired of the big resorts and truly want some quiet time at a fabulous small facility, or perhaps miss the old country club feel from years ago, then I encourage you to try Bay Hill Lodge. It is more expensive during the busy season of winter, but I challenge you to find a better value in Orlando in the summer. My wife and I will definitely be back to this amazing place. Arnold Palmer will always be my hero, and his influence in shaping what is his winter home, has been a resounding success for many years. I am upset at myself for waiting so many years to stay here. My recommendation, don't pass up the opportunity to spend a few days at Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge. You will be glad you did!
- Also Known As:
- Arnold Palmer`s Bay Hill Hotel
- Arnold Palmer`s Bay Hill Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge offers complimentary parking & no resort fee, complimentary internet connection/daily use fee (wired or wireless), complimentary local phone charges, complimentary newspaper, complimentary coffee/tea every morning, complimentary Access to the fitness Center. The Bay Hill experience will give you a sense of belonging to a Private Club which features: 280 acre property, 70 Deluxe Rooms, 9000sq ft of meeting space, spa, salon, fitness center, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, pool, tennis courts, golf academy, and enjoy 27 holes of golf only available where Arnold Palmer lives and plays. The Lodge is situated in a quiet, residential neighborhood, rich with history, yet close to all the excitement Orlando has to offer. Bay Hill is just 18 miles / 20 minutes from the Airport, 5 miles from Walt Disney World, 4 miles from Sea World and 3 miles from Universal Studios and the Convention Center. Visit our website so you can familiarize yourself with Mr. Palmer's Resort which offers 70 Lodge rooms in comfortable surroundings that is more reminiscent of a bed and breakfast getaway than a large tourist resort. Guests, are granted full club privileges during their stay and are invited to enjoy all of the club’s luxury amenities throughout our 280 acre property. BEST KEPT SECRET IN ORLANDO! For reservations, please call us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.Amenities On-Site:• 27 Holes of Championship Golf• 6 Lighted Tennis Courts• Exceptional Dining in Three Locations• Three Restaurants & Lounges• Full-Service Spa and Salon• Fitness Center• Junior Olympic-size Pool• Arnold Palmer Golf Academy• Marina ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.