“Great hotel for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Free High-Speed Internet
Ranked #126 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hialeah, Florida
“Great hotel for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have stayed before at the Buena Vista Suites Hotel and I keep coming back. It is a very good value for the money. The hotel has an excellent location, rooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable, and you get a mini-suite for the price of a hotel room. The mini refrigerator and microwave are a plus. Their full american breakfast is great, you have many items to choose from. Even though we did not use the shuttle busses, they are also very convenient.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

The Buena Vista Suites is a nice hotel in a great location. Only about 10 minutes from the Disney parks and right across the street from a 7-11nnd CVS as well as Chinese and PIzza restaurants. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. We travel to Orlando often and always try to book a suite or condo instead of a standard hotel room, but the suites here were tiny! Very narrow and not much space.

There were two large flat panel TVs with full HD programming which was a nice change from the usual low TV quality in most hotels. Free WiFi was nice as well, even though it was difficult to use and required signing in each time you wanted to use it.

The breakfast was nice to have, but low quality and not much selection.

Overall this is a good option if you need a suite for 1-2 nights. Any longer and the small rooms begin to feel cramped, especially when there are many other suites in the area that offer larger rooms and even kitchens for the same price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

I booked the hotel thinking we would use the shuttle to and from the disney properties. Not happening. The shuttles ran on a schedule. Going was not a problem. Coming back was. We ended up renting a car which wasn't bad considering we were considered being there during the "off" season, so cost was not bad.

The hotel was very nice, the room was nice. Wasn't thrilled with the cleaning staff but have to comment on the rest of the service of the hotel. No matter what we called for the staff was there within 15 minutes with whatever concern we called for. No problem with anyone at the front desk, they were very very helpful.

The buffet breakfast...well not much to talk about but it was free...after the 2nd day, you are bored with it...but it's free.

If you stay, rent a car. Disney and most other properties are within 10 miles or so. Down size of renting a car is the cost of paying when you get to the attractions.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We (my parents and I) booked this hotel using a MouseSavers discount and stayed for 8 nights. With that being said...
Pros: Location. It is relatively close to the DisneyWorld and Universal Studios parks. (About 7 mins drive from Disney and 15mins drive from Universal Studios.) Price: $89/night. Free buffet breakfast. And Free parking. Microwave and mini-fridge included.
Cons: STAFF: Everyday there was something wrong. From the cleaning staff not leaving us any towels or fully cleaning our room, to a broken door knob on the door between the main living area to the bedroom. To our room key not working and then the staff blames US for all THREE of our keys simultaneously stop working. When we asked the front desk to fix our keys, the first thing the staff tells us is that we shouldn't keep our room keys next to credit cards (which neither of us did because we knew that this causes problems with magnetic keys). The light on the nightstand between the double beds in the bedroom did not work, when we arrived. We had to complain two days in a row, before it was fixed. Also, each time we would call or visit the front desk, there was always a feeling that we were "disturbing" them. There were a couple of times (at night) no one would be at the desk. We would have to yell for someone to come from the office behind the desk. I could've sworn that he (the staffer) looked as if he'd been sleeping.
Cleanliness: On a couple of days, we went to our hotel room to find that the trash was not emptied. Or the bathroom was not fully cleaned. Etc, Etc. But the beds were made.. Huh???
Other guests: Rude. Will often rush into the elevator before the occupants of the elevator can disembark.
Breakfast: Cannot take a tray up to your room. Usually, hotels that provide free buffet breakfast will allow guests to take their food on trays, up to their rooms. This allows for guests to avoid eating in the small, crowded cafeteria style restaurant.
Room size: We booked this room because we wanted three beds and the hotel had to be economical. Both the bedroom and the main room were tiny. We were constantly banging knees and feet up against the sofa-bed (when let out). It was hard to find a decent out of the way place to put all of our luggage. We felt cramped, nonetheless.
Overall, we did not enjoy our stay here. I won't be revisiting this place and suggest you avoid it too. There are better places to be had. I suggest staying at either the Embassy Suites (on international drive) or the Doubletree (which is where I'll be staying next time I go), if you need ample space for family. It may cost more, but sometimes, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Our family stayed here to save some money on our Disney trip - and was mostly happy with our decision. The price was very good for a suite room. We took advantage of the nice free breakfast in the morning and the shuttle service to Disney was good. However, the pool was small and we were never able to get the wireless internet service to work.

Gulf Shores
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stayed at Buena Vista Suites 8/7 - 8/12

Upon our arrival on 8/7, our room was ready for check in, but, aparently there are no bell services (or even bell carts to use) on weekend arrivals. I inquired at the front desk about getting a cart since we had cases of water & other heavy items and they paged housekeeping to bring one. 45 minutes (and several inquiries) later, I gave up and carried everything to our room without the cart.

When we arrived in our room, one of the first things you notice is the security deadbolt that was dangling broken from the door. My father (being the type of person he is) used his swiss army knive and put the lock back on the door. The other thing I noticed were the long back hairs on the bathroom floor, in the bathtub and around the toilet. I know that people aren't perfect so we swept them up with a towel.

One of the perks of choosing this hotel was the free breakfast buffet that is offered. I guarantee that I have learned from this lesson and will never even consider that a reason for choosing a hotel in the future. The free breakfast in the morning was less than appetizing. Every day that we attempted to eat downstairs the scrambled eggs were so undercooked that it looked like they were in a cheese sauce. One of the days there was some sort of ham with pineapples swimming in grease.

Of the 6 nights that we stayed at the hotel we had to do our own housekeeping chores 4 of those nights. The only reason that housekeeping was done on 2 of the days is because I specifically told the front desk that we needed it cleaned at 8:30 in the morning. There were 3 days that we arrived back at the hotel after 4:30 and housekeeping still had not shown up. Then it was a hassel to track down a housekeeper, exchange our towels & coffee cups and even take out our own trash.

The only time we went out to use the pool, the music on the outdoor speakers were so loud that you couldn't have a conversation. Complaining to the front desk only prompted them to turn the music up louder.

When I go on vacation, I don't expect everything to be absolutely perfect, but with the amount of hotel competition in the Orlando area you expect hotels to go above & beyond. I certainly do not expect to have to clean my own room and be a housekeeper (I do that enough when I'm not on vacation).

Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Before I begin with my details I must say that some people on here really over-react about their reviews on this site. I mean some of them will scare the crap out of you if you let them. A word to the wise, if a hotel has a lot of bad reviews-runnnnnnnnnnnnnn like a bat out of hell but if there are like only a few bad reviews because you know some people complain about everything, take a risk. You never know...
My husband, 9 year and 2 year old and I stayed at this lovely hotel. I had gotten a good deal on 1-800-hotels but they went bankrupt and my reservations were cancelled with the hotel because of non-payment on 1-800-hotels behalf. Unfortunatley, I did not discover this until arriving at the hotel. However, there was this wonderful Chinese looking guy who really helped us and he offered to let us stay at the hotel for the same rate we were given by 1-800-hotels.
We had a beautiful stay. The rooms were beautifully decorated. The beds were beyond comfy and OMG the televisions were just marvelous. I swear, my hubby and I fell asleep in a matter of minutes because the beds were so comfy in front of the big screen t.v in the room. They offer great movie chanels as well. More than the average hotel, I'd say. The hotel provided breakfast everymorning which was good.
Trust me, this is one hotel that you won't regret staying at.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Buena Vista Suites? Share your experiences!