“This place has it all” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bali
“This place has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just spent 2 nights at this lovely hotel and I WILL return. Avg. rate $99/night. This is a GREAT location (especially if you are attending a conference / convention next door at the very expensive Marriott. As well it is close to Disney for you park enthusiasts. The hotel itself has 2 suite rooms. My room had 2 Queen beds in the bedroom and a pull sofa in the living room. The bath separates the 2 rooms which are very QUIET and offer privacy. Each area has their own giant tv. In the living area is a refrigerator, coffee pot and micro-wave, which you will NOT need as there is a wonderful FULL breakfast (not Continental) included with your stay. There is even out-side dining to enjoy your breakfast al-fresco. The room service was fabulous, bubbling French Onion Soup and a grilled fish sandwich. Onsite is a pool, a game-room, a small gift shop and also a bar/restaurant. Parking is FREE and made for easy access. ALL of the staff were very friendly, always saying hello. I will definitely stay here again. They do charge extra for wi-fi which I really dis-like in any hotel. It should just be standard. The ONLY snag was leaving at 6:00 am. Right before I left my room there was a power surge and the elevators had to "re-set". I ended up walking down 4 flights of stairs with all of my luggage. But that was outside of the hotel's control. I will definitely be a repeat visitor.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was pretty impressed with this hotel. Our room was clean & spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the service was great! I was specially impressed with the breakfast, I did not expect for it to be so good. Overall, it was a great stay!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is still a good value but the rooms are showing some wear and tear. Everything was still pretty clean. Then, my wife had booked for 3 days but for some reason they booked it for two. Yes, we should have caught it when they sent the confirmation, but still unpleasant to wake up to a checkout slip a day early. Unfortunately they were booked full and unable to find us another room. The breakfast is still full featured but even it seems not quite as nice as before. We'll still stay here as the staff has always been nice and it is still a good value. Also, free wifi should be standard at this point.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

First, the positives: A lot of parking. Great staff. Great assortment of food at the Continental Breakfast. Clean dining area and lobby. Two televisons in the suite. Great toiletries. Very near the Disney parks and easy to get to.

Now the negatives: The suite was very small (narrow, so it was hard to maneuver around the beds). This was a non-smoking room yet when we climbed into bed, the pillowcases and sheets smelled faintly of smoke. The suite was well-appointed but tired-looking/ worn around the edges. The bathroom needs updating (toilet was stained, shower walls were stained, curtains were stained). Must pay for Internet, whether wifi or ethernet. Most mid-level hotels are now offering that for free. The front desk strongly suggests only giving a "five" review. I can't.

If you have small children, this would be fine. Or if it's just two of you and you're only staying a night.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the elevator if you want quiet. But that goes for any hotel.
Green Features: The faint smell of smoke on the sheets and pillows isn't enviromentally friendly.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Indian Trail, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked this hotel for three reasons: proximity to popular parks, price per night and the free hot breakfast. I read on TA about the general concerns about the room conditions and cleanliness. In spite of being somewhat concerned about the pics travelers posted about the rooms, I figured I was brave enough to complain quickly and get some resolution. So off the bat I expected to complain about something thanks to reviews others had posted. And THANK YOU for preparing me, because as soon as we walked into the room we walked right out.

The room we were assigned had not been cleaned. There was gunk in the sink and the pullout sleeper was unmade.

Front desk clerk was unsurprised, he was nice but somewhat unapologetic - said sorry just to get me off the counter. He gave us a new set of keys to a new room and sent us on our way.

The room was fine. Don't expect the Ritz people, because BVS is not the Ritz. But we were traveling with three kids ages 12-16. We spent on average 6-8 hours in the room sleeping or prepping for parks, so no one really cared that the paint was chipping or the laminate on the dresser was warping.

Pros:
The staff cares zero if you stuff a zillion people in your room.
The restaurant attendants at the breakfast buffet want you to Sit, Eat and Go (as quickly as possible please), so no one is asking "how many" before you sit down. Get to breakfast early to avoid the frenzy.
The price was good, we paid ~$130 per night which was substantially less than other hotels and the bfast saved us at least ~$50 - more if your kids eat like mine do.
There is a pharmacy and some quick food places across/down the street.
Hotel is five minutes from Magic Kingdom and a quick hop on I4 gets you to the Universal complex.

Cons:
Generally the hotel is "meh", the staff is "meh". Not mind-blowing but not terrifying either.
Buy a case of water to avoid paying for the bottles in your room.

If you are going for a quick vacay this one is a contender. Don't pay more than 130 a night and you got a good deal for Orlando.

I hope this helps you!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Jennifer Robinson, Nilda Cintron, Gardinia Starling, Edgar Vivero, Andrea Cheniweth, Jeff McNulty , Elio Merluzzi, Brenda and Bruni were very friendly and helpful. I have been going there every year for thirteen years. Most of the faces are still there. They become friends. they call me by name even when they see me after one year. When they become friendly, they automatically become big help.

Room Tip: All suites
Green Features: Toiletries with recycled packages. energy saving appliances. track energy. Temperature is set to save energy.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My family and I stayed here while visiting the parks during spring break. Although the breakfast was good and housekeeping were great, the hotel is in need of furniture replacement and better customer service. The price of WiFi is a reason not to stay here. We got a coupon for free internet but we kept having to tell them to turn on our wifi daily. The rooms were clean but the beds uncomfortable. Housekeeping did a great job with cleaning our rooms daily and breakfast had a good selection of food. We would probably stay here again but at their sister property next door, royal caribe.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Buena Vista Suites? Share your experiences!