“No compensation for horrible stay” 2 of 5 stars

Free High-Speed Internet
Ranked #151 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Seneca, New York
“No compensation for horrible stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Sent from my iPadWe stayed at Buena Vista Suites in Orlando on Old World drive for 5 nights from March 21-26th, 2015 while we were attending the Disney Parks. First off I don't know that I would recommend this hotel. The first day we checked in my girlfriend walked by the chair in our suite and scraped her leg on a nail sticking out of the chair, it bled and she had a huge scratch. Their response was oh I'm sorry. Then our entire stay the elevators were down, we were on the fourth floor had to either walk the 4 flights of stairs or take 2 flights down then use the service elevator, this got very annoying after day 2 especially after 12+ hours in the parks walking. Again oh we're sorry. The breakfast buffet was supposed to go till 10 a.m. And by 9:30 one side was down, the tables very filthy never anywhere to sit because only one table buser for entire dining room, need more help. The lady making your eggs in the a.m. Had no personality seemed annoyed she was asked to cook them for you....really Disney the most magical place on earth ????? Then we were to be picked up by airport shuttle at 4:15 a.m. So I wanted to pay for my stay the evening before and was told no you can't because your Bill won't be ready till 2 a.m......really ?????? How tough is it to put taxes on a bill ? I was already given my stay price minus the taxes. I had also gotten a price quote to stay March 4-9 but had to change dates to 21-26 and was told my rate for stay would be the same as was my reservation number, well of course low and behold my rate went up over $60 and they would not honor first rate. So all in all our stay was less than accommodating....would I recommend this particular hotel to people going to disney that don't want to stay on Disney property probably not. The worst part was they offered us absolutely nothing for all the inconvience how is that good customer service ? I think we should have been compensated in some way but nothing. Not a very happy customer at this moment, glad to be home in my own bed will most likely put this review on trip advisor to warn new customers. A response back would be appreciated

Room Tip: They are pretty much all suites 2 queen beds or 1 king
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hialeah, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The beds were very comfortable. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was excellent. Your staff was very professional and helpful. We loved the flower arrangements at the lobby. One of the breakfast employees (a heavy-set latin gentleman - sorry cannot recall name) was honest and returned our daughter's misplaced tablet. She had left it at the breakfast line.

Room Tip: is very good location and nice
Green Features: I am not really sure about these practices. If towels aré recycled, then this saves additional water and soap and helps save the environment.
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We enjoyed Buena Vista Suites.The room was spacious and the breakfast was good.
The staff was very friendly and the check- in was very fast. We recommend this hotel to friends. We will be staying at this hotel in the future.
Thank you.

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 1 night coming back from the Space Center. Room was clean and big and quiet, beds were great, pizza was across the street (highly recommended!!), breakfast was okay, pool very nice - overall a great stay for our family of four.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were with a chaperoned group of high schoolers There were many large groups like ours. The hotel was full of well behaved high school students.
And I mean full! And only one elevator was working and it only stopped going up.
The rooms were not super clean and many of the drawers were missing handles. (They were a bit worn looking)
There was a breakfast served. The food was mediocre (that is being generous.). Granted, they were feeding a lot of hungry people before 8am each day. It was OK for this kind of trip but had I been with just my family I would not have eaten it.
I went to grab a cup of coffee from their special coffee maker in the lobby and it was out of order.
So after my 4 night stay I would say this was a functional hotel for this type of trip. But not a place I would have wanted to be on a family vacation.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Columbus, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have loved Buena Vista Suites in the past, and have referred many clients to stay there. The property is wonderful. However, after our last stay, our credit card number was stolen and used in N Miami. By chance, I looked at several of their other reviews, and saw other guests had a similar problem. I feel very uncomfortable staying there in the future.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
CaribeMktg, General Manager at Buena Vista Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear RayTMercer, thank you for taking the time to offer a review about your experience at our hotel. We would very much like the chance to discuss your comments with you over the phone as we have no record or information upon which to follow up. The safety and security of our guests is extremely important and we would appreciate the opportunity to seriously investigate this matter after we receive further information from you. Please contact our assistant general manager, Donna Hernandez, at dhernandez@bvsuites.com or 407-239-8588.
Lantana, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at Buena Vista Suites several times over the past year. It is always clean and comfortable. The location is next to I4 and Disney making this a perfect place to stay for visits to either Theme Park. The breakfast has variety and the dining area is also a clean environment. We will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Buena Vista Suites? Share your experiences!