“Great Location, but a WiFi charge? No thanks!” 4 of 5 stars

Free High-Speed Internet
Ranked #151 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Great Location, but a WiFi charge? No thanks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The good: Friendly staff, cleanliness, large free breakfast buffet with ample seating,
comfortable beds and sleeper sofa, large heated outdoor pool, and a very short drive to the Disney theme parks.
The not-so-good: Smallish suites (we had the two queen plus sofa sleeper), only one sink in the room, very little variety to the breakfast buffet (different meat and pancake/french toast/waffle rotation), the short order cook only will fix sunny side up or over easy eggs: if you like scrambled, you are stuck with the large pan of lukewarm eggs on the buffet, and, most annoyingly, a $6.99 daily fee for Wifi, which was sometimes slow

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at Buena Vista Suites while on a business trip just last week. The hotel is nice on the outside, but as I arrived for check-in, I had to wait around until my room was ready. Once I got into the room, I noticed that there were scuff marks all along the walls, the shower had mold, and knobs were missing from the drawers. I requested a nonsmoking suite (the entire floor was nonsmoking), but I could smell cigarette smoke from someone in a room either above or below me because the smell was extremely strong. It was as if someone was smoking right in my room.Besides the mold in the shower, the other things were rather moderate. The restaurant downstairs is good and the restaurant staff is very friendly. The worst experience came when I was checking out at 6 am. in the morning. The accounting guy checked me out and complained the entire time. FYI...when I checked in, I was assured that someone is at the desk 24 hours per day and would be able to assist me at any time. After being insulted by the accounting guy and hearing him complain about the fact that he has an eight hour job to do and that he does not have time to check people out, I mentioned to him that I was offended by his comments. Not once did he apologize for his rudeness, but proceeded to justify why he was acting this way. Because of that experience, I will not be returning to Buena Vista Suites and will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Took the recommendation of the Unoffcial Guide to Disney to stay off site here. The free breakfast was just ok (on par with a Cece's pizza buffet) and the suites were very small. We did see a buggy critter in one of our rooms. Definitely need a rental car to get to parks - about 15 min away.

Room Tip: I think stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We found the room very reasonably priced. It was spacious and clean. Didn't make use of the small pool or gym. The breakfast was decent for what it was.Originally we were told we could use the sister property Caribe Royale. This was not so. I would prefer staying there next time if pricepoints are similar.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Meadowview, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything was wonderful...Rooms were clean, beds comfy, friendly staff, excellent food and staff at vista bistro, kids loved hottub and pool. Place is beautiful and a straight shot to disneyworld. Prices were great also. Will be staying here again....Loved every minute...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sunbury, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had booked a king size room about a month before our visit to Orlando. When checking in, I was told that there were no king size rooms available, just queen size. The person checking me in didn't seem to care that the room I had requested wasn't available he basically acted like there was nothing that could be done. Once in our room, we discovered that the bathroom had what looked like mold on the shower walls and between the shower and tub. There was also mold on the bathroom ceiling. We called the front desk and they did send someone up right away. In fact two different housekeeping employees came to look at it and indicated that it was not mold, but water stains. Several pieces of the furniture had missing knobs and although there were two TVs in the room, there was only one remote. The breakfast was just so so, nothing special. We have stayed at their sister hotel, the Caribe Royale and had a much cleaner and better experience there. If we do return to Florida and need a hotel, I probably wouldn't stay here again, but rather book a room at the Caribe Royale.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My umpteeth visit to either BVS or its adjacent sister property Caribe Royale. Keeps me coming back. I have tried others and there isnt a nicer room at this price point. Free breakfast, shuttles to the parks, and a suite w 2 queen beds. CVS across the street. Walmart 1 mi down Kissimmee-Vineland Rd. Straight shot into WDW (I made EPCoT driving in 8 min! Try that on Disney busses!). I even tried the Vista Bistro, the hotel restaurant.. see my review.
Reading some of the bad reviews of BVS, I just dont understand what people expect... Perfection is not at the Hilton either... and it costs 3X as much. Yes the internet in the room is extra. Yes it is possible the batteries might die in your TV remote at some point. Get a grip.

If you have kids and want to spend time at the pool, consider the Caribe. You'll lose the free breakfast but gain a resort atmosphere. Much cheaper than a Disney Moderate or Deluxe. Breakfast at the grab-n-go there is very reasonable... or just hit the Walmart!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Buena Vista Suites? Share your experiences!