“Great place to stay; Awesome Bistro!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #127 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great place to stay; Awesome Bistro!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Although I was traveling on business, this would be a great hotel for families to stay when visiting Disney. The suites were a nice size; you could easily do up to five people in the suite. The bathroom has a nice jacuzzi tub that actually works. Rooms were very clean, I stayed on the end and didn't have any noise from other rooms. Hallways were a bit stuffy but clean. Staff was great, there was a some problems with my reservation, I made alternate arrangements prior to and those arrangements were not correctly noted in my reservation. It's awesome that I thought to bring a copy of what I needed otherwise it would have been a disaster, but the front desk staff was great in resolving it. Free breakfast is helpful when traveling with a family. The scrambled eggs are awesome, the other items leave a lot to be desired, but edible. If you walk next door to the Caribe Royal you can get a free shuttle to all the Disney parks. The best thing about this place is the awesome restaurant on site. I was not expecting this place to be this great, but this place was awesome and I have a picky palate. Excellent service and quality/fresh food. Overall a great alternative to the higher priced resort hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Norwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel would be good for a larger family going to Disney. The location is great, there's a free buffet breakfast and the suite set up includes extra living space and a large bathroom. That said, the halls consistently had trash on the floor, the elevators were some of the most intimidating I've ridden in, and the breakfast was sufficient but certainly nothing impressive. In an area that competes with legendary Disney service for guests, it could have just used a little more attention from staff across the board. And they will sell you Disney tickets, but you have to go to a timeshare presentation? Everything's just a little off...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First of all, I want to say that I am a seasoned traveler and have been in the travel business for 20+ years. My review of this hotel is based on whether I would book my clients here. I am not a picky traveler as we do not spend much time in our hotel, so something that can offer a warm bed and a few amenities will usually satisfy us. We just spent 5 nights at the Buena Vista suites hotel. Upon our arrival, around 6pm on Sunday, we were greeted by a very tired front desk person, she seemed a bit scattered but was able to get us in our room quickly. The suite was nice, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker & two tv's. We noticed that we didn't have any coffee in the room and needed extra towels. My husband went to the front desk and requested these items and they were sent up. Also, the bed lamp didn't work and they sent a guy up with a new one. It took a couple hours, but it was replaced. We were anxious to use the hot-tub which wasn't hot, at all. We never used the hot tub as it was never very warm. The first morning before we left for Sea World, we left a note to leave us extra coffee and towels. We returned to our room to find that they did leave these items, but unless we left a note, they never did. I also noticed that the sheets didn't fit the beds correctly and kept coming loose. Minor stuff, but I feel they can improve on their service. The The location was good, centrally located with easy access to the parks. They did offer shuttle service to the parks but we ended up driving as the shuttles seemed pretty full. The breakfast buffet was just okay. It gave us the boost we needed to get going, but nothing too great. Don't book this hotel based on "free breakfast", as I'm sure there are other properties that offer better food. Overall, for the price and location, it was an okay place to stay. We were traveling as a family of 4, all adults.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at buena vista suites for one night till our hotel at disney was ready and I have to say I am impressed. I booked through booking.com trusting reviews I read and I'm glad I did the room was huge and we had 5 people in total so it was perfect. The breakfast was amazing!! Huge, just be sure to get in earlier as it gets very busy and its hard to find seating.
The staff was very helpful and courteous would definitely stay here again on the future.

• Stayed February 2013
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am a Florida resident and make frequent Orlando mini getaways for my family and just my hubby and I. We have stayed at many different hotels in Orlando. We love staying in International dr. area. We have learned to be VERY careful when booking hotels as there are plenty of stinkers in the area. I booked 2 rooms at the Buena Vista Suites on Feb 15. We were very pleased. First the staff was very friendly and helpful. My husband and I showed up early at the hotel as the rest of the family went to the parks. They had one of our rooms ready and let us check in at 11:00. We had a problem with our door but it was handled very quickly. Our room was great,very clean. The hotel is located right on the corner of a very busy road but our room was very quite. Breakfast the next morning was great and a nice plus. The only problem I saw for maybe a family with smaller children is the pool was pretty small.

Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family stayed at BVS for 4 nights during February break to visit Disney. We were 3 adults and 2 kids. The room is on the small side for a 1 bd suite, but we managed. I think the price is a bit high for the size.

The location is great. A straight shot out of the hotel to the Disney complex - 2 miles to the main entrance. I took my car some days, but the buses were always on time and roomy.

Overall our hotel room was clean. The bathroom appeared clean, but smelled terribly of mold.

Service was mostly great. Our son was sick, so we had a few requests for additional towels, then needed to extend our stay. The hotel was always quick and so helpful. Also the pool area was without towels at one time. I let the front desk know and fresh towels arrived withing 10 minutes.

The morning breakfast is very bountiful. It's a hot and cold buffet, and the buffet was always full of food regardless of how busy it was.

The one area of service that is lacking is the restaurant / room service. I wanted to order a kids meal at dinner time and was quoted a 1.5 hour wait. I went down to the restaurant to order directly and take it out to the pool, and was quoted the same 1.5 hour. I ditched that idea and ran across the street to CVS and picked up a lunchable instead.

One more thing to be cautious of -- the concierge desk. The concierge staff are really sales people for the Sheraton Vistiana timeshares up the street. They will try to sell you on a really fun dinner package or whatever, then offer you a low price if you sit through the 90 minute sales pitch. It was a waste of time even stopping at the desk since I have no desire to sit through the timeshare pitch.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just stayed 3 nights here this weekend and what a great place! The staff upon arrival was so friendly and helpful. Our suite was spacious and clean, very tastefully decorated. We had a two queen suite with a separate livingroom area that had a door to shut it off from the bedroom. Fridge, micro, coffee maker (the kind you can actually put your own coffee in) bring small filters....great soaps and lotions by Bath and Bodyworks, plenty of seating and two large screen LCD flatscreen tv's. Plenty of closet space and dresser drawers, inroom safe and free full American breakfast every morning. We did not enjoy the pool but it looked nice and a huge Jacuzzi. We did however eat in their onsite restaurant and it was romantic and well decorated. Service in the dining room was excellent...our Waiter Sal took very good care of us and was so friendly (as was everyone we encountered that worked here). My compliments to the Chef, the food was fresh and flavorful...cooked to perfection. The drinks were great and ambiance was first class...even though you can dress casual it was very refined yet not stuffy or snobby. I had the Ribeye Steak and it was the best steak I have had in quite awhile, very tasty! No detail was ignored in the dining room or the kitchen, so if you get a chance to partake in the restaurant I highly recommend it. (you do need reservations or you will have to wait or possibly not get in at all).The entire hotel was very clean and well decorated, they pay great attention to detail here, also the staff is one of the friendliest I have experienced in sometime at a hotel...very personable and helpful. Smiling faces...that's what I like to see when I am on vacation...lol You were all so great...give yourselve's a pat on the back!! KUDO'S!!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, wihich I am...hoping to quit soon....they do offer smoking rooms...very rare th...