“Magical Stay at this Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #163 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Dayton, OH
“Magical Stay at this Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hotel and grounds are beautiful. Rooms are pretty standard but the views from the hotel are amazing. We had a balcony the looked out to Hollywood Studios. It was really beautiful and we could see the fireworks there. You can also see the fireworks for EPCOT from some rooms in the hotel. The palm trees at night light up and dance to the music. This was an awesome touch. There is a vast range of restaurants to serve every budget and craving. The pools were really nice and we also enjoyed the beach and playground. Loved all the fountains throughout the resort. A quick walk to the Boardwalk as well as the Beach and Yacht Club. Boat transportation to Hollywood and EPCOT was also fast and convenient. We did walk to EPCOT though because it was so close. I would highly recommend the resort and would stay there again. I also was there for a conference and the facilities were very nice. No problems and the food served was better than normal convention food. Very pleased with our stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the parks. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Indonesian first
Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My family of four stayed at the Dolphin Hotel while my husband attended a conference in April/May. Upon arrival, my children loved the fountains and shooting stars on the ceiling. But it smelled like urine. Someone was mopping and I think they were using dirty water. The smell was not there on following days.

We had a two, double bed room. The room decor was nothing special but very clean and nicely sized. Beds were comfortable. Our room was on an upper floor and overlooked the boardwalk and fountains. Very lovely. Very Quiet. Room service stayed on top of our towels and bedding without disturbing us or our items. We're towel hogs so I was very pleased with room service. The bathroom was cramped and and the tile was dingy. Good water pressure but the bathrooms definitely need a renovation. The counter leaned back and held water. Gross. Bellhop was wonderful! They explained everything about our bag transfer. They were swift and our bags arrived safely at our next hotel.

The hotel is not owned by Disney and you can feel that anytime you interact with a shop or restaurant worker. Very lackluster service. The food at the Fountain is more expensive than Disney food and nothing special. Servings are HUGE but there are no microwaves so leftovers are useless.

The pool looked awesome. But the ledges were slimy, the slide was closed and the bridge was closed on our walk back to the hotel. (I assume to address the biting ant mounds) They did have free beach sized towels to use free with room card which was a nice service.

Being able to use Disney transportation is a plus! Beware you'll have to pay a shuttle from the airport. No Disney Express for the Dolphin. We had to walk through the crowded bar area to get to the boats which was a little uncomfortable with two kids. There's no signage to the boats and the hotel is very large. No hotel staff offered any help finding them. That said, the boats are a fun convenient ride to Epcot & Hollywood Studios. They make a lot of stops on the way to Epcot. But they go directly to Hollywood Studios. They are the last bus stop on their bus run so the buses are a quick way to get to the parks. But they take a long time to return to the hotel.

As for the conference, my husband said it was fine. But, the catering and service did not come close to the excellence of his previous conference at a different hotel.

Overall, it's a decent hotel and convenient to Disney parks. My children enjoyed it and I'm glad we were able to tag along with my husband. But if we had to do it again, we would stay on Disney property. I just don't think the Dolphin experience quite matches the high prices.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at these properties several times over the years and while they lack the newness of a newly constructed hotel they still shine brightly. This was my first stay at the Dolphin, having stayed at the Swan before and I much prefer the Dolphin. Arrived early and Casey at the front desk was able to get me into an Epcot room with a balcony. Stayed in room 4015 which is a corner room with 2 balconies. View was wonderful and 2 balconies are pretty special.

Both properties have been around for many years but the staff is exceptional and the grounds meticulously maintained. The convenience of this property to WDW parks and transportation makes it an ace. 2 minute walk to Boardwalk allows guests to enjoy other dining venues and to do some serious power walking.

The entire staff exceeded expectations. The front desk team was superb, the pool staff were always smiling and helpful. The restaurant staff were friendly and helpful but unobtrusive. Special request to the guest hotline were fulfilled in minutes and a follow-up call from guest services to insure we received the items is always appreciated.

These 2 hotels might not be the newest hotels in Orlando but I would put them up against nearly any other hotel in Orlando any day of the week. Great properties. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Stay at the Dolphin instead of the Swan and upgrade to an Epcot room. Corner room is wonderful - sta...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon check in I observed that the Desk Staff was courteous, but not particularly friendly. I felt that I was just one of the many people staying there, nothing special. The grounds were well kept and the room I stayed in was clean except for some hair in the bathroom that I noticed upon check in, and a wrapper of some kind by the bed. I left it there to see if the housekeeping staff would notice it and pick it up. They never did. After I checked out my card was charged for a lunch for 4 people without my knowledge. That problem was resolved, but it should have never happened. Most things there are very pricey. I thought of bringing my Grandchildren there, but not now.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just for a quick weekend get away this time, but we will be back again with our Grand children! So much to do here when you are not heading out to the parks! Between the pools, boat rids, beach area, restaurants, kids activities going on all day... there is the also the boardwalk to spend evening on, with something for everyone.
Not as expensive as some of the hotels in the area, but still the amazing great Disney service and neat, clean friendly surroundings. My only negative was that the toilet in our room did not flush and maintenance, although we called, never came to fix it. So we had to remove the tank lid and flush it by hand.
Can't wait to go back with our grand boys!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've been staying at the swan and dolphin for years now and always liked it but recently I seem to be more and more disappointed. I always prefer the dolphin and that's where I stayed on my most recent trip. It's a great hotel but it definitely needs a major renovation and staff retraining. The rooms are old and worn out and have been like that for years. The lobby is also dated and so are the hallways especially on the east side. No one seems to care about the landscaping cause the bushes around the rooms seem to be half dead. Now let's talk about the staff problems. The house keepers seem to just not care and do the bare minimum. I walked past Cheerios scattered about the floor in one hallway for three days. Their was a gritty white powdery like substance all over the patio furniture and garbage on the ground. Maintenance doesn't seem to care either cause the paint was chipping in the room and on the patio. You get the vibe that the hotel only wants to focus on the front line staff instead of the behind the scenes staff. This hotel isn't all bad though. Its probably one best locations on Disney property. Your right in between Epcot, the boardwalk, and Hollywood studios. The dolphin pool area is probably the nicest thing at this hotel. It also has a very nice pool bar to go relax at. If you like good food then I highly recommend Blue zoo. Over all this is great hotel but it just needs some work. Hopefully on my next trip it will be better. Oh one more thing. They should warn you if they have a big convention or conference. It really changes the vibe of the hotel. If I wanted to see drunk business people I would gone some where else. The vacationer drunks are way better.

Stayed May 2015
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The ceilings are low, the rooms small, ugly and dated, the food overpriced and overly salted. They are pretending to be a fancy hotel when just barely beneath the surface they are a comfort inn. They are on the Disney property but don't allow you to use the Disney shuttle to go to and from the airport, instead providing a Dolphin car service for $70 plus tolls and tip. Not worth the money at all and an embarrassment to the Starwood brand.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!