“Better than expected! Don't believe negative reviews!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #164 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Better than expected! Don't believe negative reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Pros: Location, Price, Customer Service, Pools, Shops in lobby area
Cons: No theme. No disney details

We are annual passholders and Floridians and visit Disney a lot and always stayed at Disney owned properties. We always passed the Dolphin/Swan and how can you not notice it, it's the first landmark you see when coming in on Osceola Parkway. But after reading many reviews and all the extra charges like the resort fee ($23) and the parking fee ($18), we always avoided it. We also didn't expect we'd get disney customer service since it's a Sheraton property. The previous reviews confirmed all of this.

HOWEVER, and a BIG HOWEVER, this was the best hotel we've stayed at. Even better than the Disney hotels! First things first, the PRICE. You figure you get a hotel room for cheap from Expedia at $150 a night, then you add the resort fee plus the parking per night, that's still under $200, and if you are a passholder you get almost a $40 discount when calling up. So first advice, book directly through the Dolphin/Swan on the phone. And let's say you've been shopping and found the Yacht Club for $300, they still charge the resort fee and taxes at checkout, so really, these fees despite being kinda "hidden" at the Dolphin/Swan are still in existance at the Disney owned properties. You can basically get a Deluxe style hotel for less than $200 in the same beautiful boardwalk area and even one stop closer on the boat to Hollywood studios.

Next, is the view. Amazing views from almost any room. We requested to get the highest floor we can get from our basic room and we had a gorgeous view out our room window of the Swan, the boardwalk, Epcot, and hollywood studios. We had an amazing fireworks view at night as well.

The lobby and decor is amazing. Yes, outdated, but so what, so is Grand Floridian, just adds to the theme.

Customer service - at or exceeds Disney standards. You honestly couldn't tell that it wasn't a Disney owned hotel. From the front desk to even the valet where we didn't even valet our car, even the self parking attendant, everyone there was super friendly.

And of course, the location! You cannot beat this location. If you have a car, Magic Kingdom is only a 5 minute drive. Epcot is a 15 minute walk, Hollywood is a 7 minute boat ride.

The only negative I have to say about it is that it doesn't have the Disney Details. Such as the WDW Channels (old mickey cartoons which my kids love and were missing out on, the safety channel, etc.), the Towels in a shape of Mickey ears, the Mickey H20 soap/shampoo, and any other mickey ears. It also didn't have a theme. It seemed like a generic hotel. But hey, if you want all of that at a deluxe resort, it costs $150 more or even much more to be in the boardwalk.

If you're on a budget and want to feel like you are staying at a luxury resort, stay at the Dolphin/Swan. Again, don't let the a la carte fees (parking/resort tax) discourage you, you'll pay it either way no matter what hotel you stay at!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We love it here, especially the activities and proximity to epcot. The rooms are great, the service is stupendous. The restaurants are pretty pricey and not all that spectacular. Bring your own snacks.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Cairo, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 2 day conference. All services were spectacular. Food was world class and everyone enjoyed immensely. The property was beautiful, clean, and great location. The staff was friendly and very accommodating down to the finest detail. Everyone that works there is extremely very pleasant and very attentive. I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A very nice hotel. Very clean. Great friendly helpful staff. I personally thought the color of the hotel looks a little outdated. There are a lot of really nice places to eat but the cost is very high. We had 2 very small margaritas each (total of 4 drinks) at the Sushi bar and with tip it was over $60. I don't know how an average family can afford to stay here. My husband was here for a conference so I tagged along. Had it not been for that I would not have stayed here and I wouldn't stay there again but I am a bit frugal. If you are visiting Disney and you don't want the expense of a rental car I would have to say it is very convenient and they do make it easy to get around to all of Disney with the free water taxi and monorail. It is very close to Epcot and Disney Hollywood. If you want to go elsewhere you can not get a taxi. They have a deal with a limo company and town cars are all you can get going out and they aren't cheap.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Goshen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Dolphin resort 3x. Most recently May 18 - 20 2015. It is clean and secure. The staff is friendly. Beds are comfortable. Pillows soft. Water pressure excellent. The restaurants are pricey, but hey it is a resort! I will stay here again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Hayward, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My family and I are currently at the hotel,its our first trip since our mom passed away and I stressed the importance of this being a pleasant stay and that I wasn't concerned about the cost. When we arrived our room wasn't ready as we were told its clean but hasn't been inspected by management so we had to SLEEP IN THE LOBBY until they must've figured it looked bad as people came and went in and out of the hotel. The room was NOTHING as promised over the phone when I booked I was told the suite would include a kitchen for my family it did NOT, the Mattress has HUGE DIPS in it and we all woke up in sore, the bathrooms were obviously dated, but the icing on the cake was my sister plugged in her phone to charge it and the circuit blew her iPhone and now it doesn't work. Upon making an incident report the security guard was not empathetic and essentially made us feel like it was our fault. We asked for a dinner reference last night and was directed to an establishment on the boardwalk, we made the slightly long walk with the kids only to find it was closed... Some concierge service huh? Would've been nice if they had called for us and verified aka MADE A RESERVATION as that is the basis of their job. Basically the Dolphin has a nice lobby but that's about it. Service falls extremely short of the Disney standard.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I travel for a living and have stayed at hotels and resorts around the world. I've been staying at this resort for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. More so than the perfect proximity to Disney, great food, and resort-like amenities, I've always appreciated the friendliest and most accommodating level of service of any hotel I've experienced... Thanks Victoria & Casey!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!