“Nice but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #164 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta
“Nice but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A very nice hotel. Very clean. Great friendly helpful staff. I personally thought the color of the hotel looks a little outdated. There are a lot of really nice places to eat but the cost is very high. We had 2 very small margaritas each (total of 4 drinks) at the Sushi bar and with tip it was over $60. I don't know how an average family can afford to stay here. My husband was here for a conference so I tagged along. Had it not been for that I would not have stayed here and I wouldn't stay there again but I am a bit frugal. If you are visiting Disney and you don't want the expense of a rental car I would have to say it is very convenient and they do make it easy to get around to all of Disney with the free water taxi and monorail. It is very close to Epcot and Disney Hollywood. If you want to go elsewhere you can not get a taxi. They have a deal with a limo company and town cars are all you can get going out and they aren't cheap.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
  • Indonesian first
Goshen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at the Dolphin resort 3x. Most recently May 18 - 20 2015. It is clean and secure. The staff is friendly. Beds are comfortable. Pillows soft. Water pressure excellent. The restaurants are pricey, but hey it is a resort! I will stay here again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Hayward, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My family and I are currently at the hotel,its our first trip since our mom passed away and I stressed the importance of this being a pleasant stay and that I wasn't concerned about the cost. When we arrived our room wasn't ready as we were told its clean but hasn't been inspected by management so we had to SLEEP IN THE LOBBY until they must've figured it looked bad as people came and went in and out of the hotel. The room was NOTHING as promised over the phone when I booked I was told the suite would include a kitchen for my family it did NOT, the Mattress has HUGE DIPS in it and we all woke up in sore, the bathrooms were obviously dated, but the icing on the cake was my sister plugged in her phone to charge it and the circuit blew her iPhone and now it doesn't work. Upon making an incident report the security guard was not empathetic and essentially made us feel like it was our fault. We asked for a dinner reference last night and was directed to an establishment on the boardwalk, we made the slightly long walk with the kids only to find it was closed... Some concierge service huh? Would've been nice if they had called for us and verified aka MADE A RESERVATION as that is the basis of their job. Basically the Dolphin has a nice lobby but that's about it. Service falls extremely short of the Disney standard.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I travel for a living and have stayed at hotels and resorts around the world. I've been staying at this resort for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. More so than the perfect proximity to Disney, great food, and resort-like amenities, I've always appreciated the friendliest and most accommodating level of service of any hotel I've experienced... Thanks Victoria & Casey!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I will start with positive things: our kids really liked the swimming pool. It's big, with cave, waterfalls and water slide, plus there is a beach. There was always safety guards near the water slide. Reception staff were friendly.
Info - This hotel isn't in the Walt Disney resort group, it's in the Starwood/Sheraton group. Nevertheless from the hotel to all the Walt Disney parks are complementary busses and boats. All the restaurants at resort are quite expensive, maybe because it's located in Disneyland.
BUT ...
We have traveled all around the world, but for the first time we have been robbed by resort staff (cleaning laidies), 50 eur from my wallet ,which was left in table drawer, disappeared. We reported this incident to the resort manager, but of course nothing has happened after. I thought in 4,5 star hotels/resorts it never happens.
Would you really want to stay in this resort, if around is other resorts more safe, is your choice.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed at these properties multiple times, by myself, and also with my wife & kids. The property is beautiful, clean, and great location. The staff is friendly and attentive. Everyone that works there is extremely pleasant and accomodating. The convenience of location can't be beat. The wife and I, and several friends, stayed here during the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and it was so great to not have to worry about driving anywhere. We just hopped on the ferry and it took us right to Epcot. I traveled with the family to Disney in March (2015) and we stayed at this property. You can't take the ferry but they have shuttle service. We did not wait long for transfer to and from Disney. It was great to not have to worry about driving and finding parking and being exhausted and then having to drive back to the hotel. Another family trip we stayed here and went to Islands of Adventure and Universal. We decided to drive there from the property which was only 10 minutes. The convenience of location really can't be beat. The food is very good. We ate breakfast at the restaurant at the Swan, and Disney characters came by. They were very nice and patient and allowed us to take lots of pics with them and the kids. It's buffet style, which I'm not normally a fan of, but the food was really good. My favorite was the omelette station. I also love that Starwood has a great health food initiative. The buffet had amazing fresh fruits, yogurt, granola, honey, superfoods, etc. The Dolphin has a great bakery and restaurant as well. The pool is awesome! Waterfall and water slide? Yes! The kids really love it. And, so did the adults. The gym is small, but sufficient. Rooms are super clean, heavenly beds, are, well, heavenly. The shower is superb.
I can't recommend this property enough. 5 stars!
J.Schmidt

Room Tip: All the rooms I've stayed in were great and had beautiful views.
Green Features: I love that Starwood is a very environmentlly-friendly company. We chose the "green choice". You get a $5 credit to the restaurants if you chose not to have your room serviced.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was recently there with my cousin and his wife. It was a surprise that we were going to stay 2 days at Disneyworld. My cousin had stayed at the Dolphin before and said he loved it there. I can't disagree. Between the comfiest bed in a hotel I have ever slept on (and I have stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms) and the convenience to the Boardwalk, it was a wonderful experience. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!