“Very nice place! Hubby says 3 and 1/2 and I give it a 4!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #163 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Clermont, Florida
“Very nice place! Hubby says 3 and 1/2 and I give it a 4!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband was there for a business trip with BJ's Wholesale Club! They send all the managers there for meetings each year! I know; tough duty but somebody's gotta do it! :) I joined him again on this trip although we were blessed to have purchased a home in the area and I stayed there part of the time, etc. But...wanted to share that it's a beautiful place; we were on the Dolphin side; need more signs, I think . As I went up the elevator looking for the room (since he checked in and I met him there)...and I was on the Swan side, you wanna get straight first (know what side your room is on); one lady told me they are a MILE apart (to the parking lot) between the Dolphin and the Swan so I got my exercise that day; just last Tuesday! The lobby and grounds are the prettiest; bed was fairly comfortable; we like it a bit softer. Pillows were good; it was clean and rooms look...ok. Not fancy on the inside of the room; kind of plain. I would not want to pay the rack rate to stay and might not choose it over places with fancier rooms! We've stayed in jacuzzi rooms and all that so I feel I have a lot to compare it to; the people were very nice so that's always a plus. Didn't try the pool (not bragging but we have one) so cannot comment on that and the food is pricey. That's all I got for ya! :)

Room Tip: If you don't mind paying top dollar and want fluff in lobby and grounds, go for it! :)
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
  • Indonesian first
Garwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Swan for a weeklong conference, held at both the Swan and Dolphin. The room was pretty good (the bed was very comfortable and the A/C was solid, which was good since the weather was unusually warm). This was a bit of a surprise considering it probably doesn't get much more high-traffic than a Disney hotel - the hallways were one of the few areas that felt like thousands of people had gone through them.
One minor issue was the hotel had Showtime, which is normally not a problem - unless you were planning to watch the season premiere of Game of Thrones, but that's what HBO Go is for. And speaking of the internet, wifi speed was much better than average (also a surprise).
The grounds themselves are as beautiful as advertised - be sure to walk over to the Boardwalk - great food options there, plus a great area to hang out and people watch.
The restaurants on-site were good but pricey, but there was also a 24-hour restaurant on-site which is perfect for a place like this.
As for the conference itself, the staff was great, the food and drink available was very good, and the conference was run very well by everyone involved. Very good experience overall.
BTW - Walt Disney World was pretty good too.

Green Features: The Swan is in the Green Lodging Program - if you agree, your room only gets fully cleaned once every 4 days, but you receive 500 Starwood points each day it isn't cleaned. That is more that acceptable - if you have no kids :) - and 3000 bonus points for a weeklong stay is nothing to sneeze at.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is easily my favorite Disney Resort Hotel. It is run by the Starwood Group specifically Sheraton. The front desk people are always fantastic. They are knowledgeable and very helpful. The property is undergoing a facelift and the new rooms are fantastic. Super quiet and modern.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We held our company conference at this hotel and everything went off without any problems. Excellent service by all the staff at the hotel. I really liked the location which is close to the boardwalk area which has a good selection of restaurants and shops. I had a nice room with a balcony which was clean and quiet. The in hotel restaurants are good but a little expensive. Didn't get to use the pool or beach area but it did look very nice too.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Pemberville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Swan hotel is overall ok. Stayed here for a conference, and they handled the conference details like PROS. Very good service and top notch AV, group food, etc. The rooms and hotel service were a little less than I expected, though. The place seems cramped and old-ish. Had a courtyard view room and it was decent - nothing bad, just not great. The hotel does need some sprucing up to give it back some pizzazz.

Room Tip: View of courtyard or lake - not the parking lot - would be best (facing the Dolphin).
Green Features: They offer a green package where you can save $5 per day without room service. Good option!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My Wife & I Stayed At The Dolphin Hotel On October 30, 2014 For The Food & Wine Festival Between The Two Properties.

Food & Wine Plus The Beer Garden Was Very Expensive; But Was A Very Nice Event.

I Always Research Hotels That We Stay At To Find Out The Best View By Asking The Property & Fly In With Google Maps.

Since I Live In Orlando & Have Been To This Property Many Times I Knew What View I Wanted.

I Reserved The Room Requesting Early 12:00pm Check In & Top Floor Facing The World Showcase At Epcot.

They Played With Us For Hours To Accommodate Us And We Did Not Get Into A Room Until Around 4:30pm. When We Got The Key With A 7th Floor Room Number We Were Told That It Was The View That We Requested. When We Got To The Room It Was Not The View Of Epcot But Of The Swan Hotel.

I Called Downstairs To The Front Desk & Was Told That It Was The Best That They Could Do ! I Was Upset That They Wasted Our Entire Afternoon & We Couldn't Use The Pool; Because We Had No Place To Change !

When We Checked Out I Booked A Package With The Wine & Cheese Plus The Beer Garden. I Even Had A Co[y Of The Confirmation; With The Rate & What Was Included.

That Was Not The Case When I Got The Final Bill. The Final Bill Was Way More Money Than The Confirmation. It Took An Hour To Straighten Out While We Were Standing At The Front Desk. The Front Desk Person & Front Desk Manager Had Charged My Account & Credited Amounts So Many Times That One Had To Do A Balance Sheet On The Bill To Figure It Out. My Credit Card Statement Was Even Worse.

This Took Days & A Few Conversations To Straighten Out !

Then I Never Did Get Star Points Credited To My Starwood Rewards Account !!!

To This Day I Have Never Received An Apology Or Any Compensation For All Of This That They Put Us Through !!!

This Is Not What Anyone Wants To Go Through When Going Away & No One Deserves It !!!

Maybe Some One Will Contact Me Now ?

Note: If You Look At All Of The Comments That I Have Posted This Is The First Negative Comment !

If This Helped You In Making A Staying Decision or Liked My Post I Am A Senior Contributor & Would Appreciate A Like On My Post; Thank You.

Sincerely;

Leslie Eisenberg

Room Tip: Ask For A View Of The Epcot World Showcase
Green Features: There Are No Environmental Practices Except Using Your Towels Again
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Ick. The whole place is just sticky and dirty (the Dolphin). The first room I walked in and my feet stuck to the floor. There was red sticky residue on most of the furniture. And the room smelled of flowery deodorizer that made me sneeze.

So I tried to call the front desk about cleaning or changing rooms. No answer. I hauled my bag downstairs and was given another room, this one on a lower floor in the other tower a balcony upgrade. Smells like mold. Floor dirty but not quite as sticky. Furniture a little less sticky but still not clean The rooms were so similar though, it didn't seem worth the effort to try again.

Bedding old and grungy, shower small and drain, of course, slow. I love showering in standing water. Everything is humid and damp and the A/C only has 2 settings: arctic and off. The hair dryer is sticky! How'd they do that?

The green option is stupid. This hotel is filled with children and they have no chance of keeping it clean without daily maintenance of every room and a lot more heavy cleaning as well as renovation. It also just poorly designed - there is slate tile in the entry that I think is the kind meant for outdoor use, it seems to absorb stains and probably didn't look clean the day it was put in. It doesn't now.

I've stayed the Yacht/beach Club, Contemporary Hotel, other Disney properties. This has no Disney charm, no characters in the lobby or Mickey Mouse decor. I think you can order a Mickey Mouse waffle but that's about it. The restaurants are Ok, as are the bars. Room too gross to contemplate room service.

It's also priced like a high end Starwood property but delivers Days Inn. If this was your 1st Disney visit and you had not been to many good hotels, had a magical park experience, didn't spend much time in your room, and were traveling with kids (and maybe used to sticky) -2 stars. But 4 stars is a lie, Trip Advisor!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!