“Wonderful Disney Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #163 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Wonderful Disney Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We held our company conference at this hotel and everything went off without any problems. Excellent service by all the staff at the hotel. I really liked the location which is close to the boardwalk area which has a good selection of restaurants and shops. I had a nice room with a balcony which was clean and quiet. The in hotel restaurants are good but a little expensive. Didn't get to use the pool or beach area but it did look very nice too.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Indonesian first
Pemberville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Swan hotel is overall ok. Stayed here for a conference, and they handled the conference details like PROS. Very good service and top notch AV, group food, etc. The rooms and hotel service were a little less than I expected, though. The place seems cramped and old-ish. Had a courtyard view room and it was decent - nothing bad, just not great. The hotel does need some sprucing up to give it back some pizzazz.

Room Tip: View of courtyard or lake - not the parking lot - would be best (facing the Dolphin).
Green Features: They offer a green package where you can save $5 per day without room service. Good option!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My Wife & I Stayed At The Dolphin Hotel On October 30, 2014 For The Food & Wine Festival Between The Two Properties.

Food & Wine Plus The Beer Garden Was Very Expensive; But Was A Very Nice Event.

I Always Research Hotels That We Stay At To Find Out The Best View By Asking The Property & Fly In With Google Maps.

Since I Live In Orlando & Have Been To This Property Many Times I Knew What View I Wanted.

I Reserved The Room Requesting Early 12:00pm Check In & Top Floor Facing The World Showcase At Epcot.

They Played With Us For Hours To Accommodate Us And We Did Not Get Into A Room Until Around 4:30pm. When We Got The Key With A 7th Floor Room Number We Were Told That It Was The View That We Requested. When We Got To The Room It Was Not The View Of Epcot But Of The Swan Hotel.

I Called Downstairs To The Front Desk & Was Told That It Was The Best That They Could Do ! I Was Upset That They Wasted Our Entire Afternoon & We Couldn't Use The Pool; Because We Had No Place To Change !

When We Checked Out I Booked A Package With The Wine & Cheese Plus The Beer Garden. I Even Had A Co[y Of The Confirmation; With The Rate & What Was Included.

That Was Not The Case When I Got The Final Bill. The Final Bill Was Way More Money Than The Confirmation. It Took An Hour To Straighten Out While We Were Standing At The Front Desk. The Front Desk Person & Front Desk Manager Had Charged My Account & Credited Amounts So Many Times That One Had To Do A Balance Sheet On The Bill To Figure It Out. My Credit Card Statement Was Even Worse.

This Took Days & A Few Conversations To Straighten Out !

Then I Never Did Get Star Points Credited To My Starwood Rewards Account !!!

To This Day I Have Never Received An Apology Or Any Compensation For All Of This That They Put Us Through !!!

This Is Not What Anyone Wants To Go Through When Going Away & No One Deserves It !!!

Maybe Some One Will Contact Me Now ?

Note: If You Look At All Of The Comments That I Have Posted This Is The First Negative Comment !

If This Helped You In Making A Staying Decision or Liked My Post I Am A Senior Contributor & Would Appreciate A Like On My Post; Thank You.

Sincerely;

Leslie Eisenberg

Room Tip: Ask For A View Of The Epcot World Showcase
Green Features: There Are No Environmental Practices Except Using Your Towels Again
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Ick. The whole place is just sticky and dirty (the Dolphin). The first room I walked in and my feet stuck to the floor. There was red sticky residue on most of the furniture. And the room smelled of flowery deodorizer that made me sneeze.

So I tried to call the front desk about cleaning or changing rooms. No answer. I hauled my bag downstairs and was given another room, this one on a lower floor in the other tower a balcony upgrade. Smells like mold. Floor dirty but not quite as sticky. Furniture a little less sticky but still not clean The rooms were so similar though, it didn't seem worth the effort to try again.

Bedding old and grungy, shower small and drain, of course, slow. I love showering in standing water. Everything is humid and damp and the A/C only has 2 settings: arctic and off. The hair dryer is sticky! How'd they do that?

The green option is stupid. This hotel is filled with children and they have no chance of keeping it clean without daily maintenance of every room and a lot more heavy cleaning as well as renovation. It also just poorly designed - there is slate tile in the entry that I think is the kind meant for outdoor use, it seems to absorb stains and probably didn't look clean the day it was put in. It doesn't now.

I've stayed the Yacht/beach Club, Contemporary Hotel, other Disney properties. This has no Disney charm, no characters in the lobby or Mickey Mouse decor. I think you can order a Mickey Mouse waffle but that's about it. The restaurants are Ok, as are the bars. Room too gross to contemplate room service.

It's also priced like a high end Starwood property but delivers Days Inn. If this was your 1st Disney visit and you had not been to many good hotels, had a magical park experience, didn't spend much time in your room, and were traveling with kids (and maybe used to sticky) -2 stars. But 4 stars is a lie, Trip Advisor!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a typical high quality Sheraton that begins with excellent friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are what you would expect of a Sheraton. I did have a problem with a slow drain and when I called it to the attention of the front desk, the response from maintenance was almost immediate. I was there for a meeting and the front desk asked my permission for the maintenance person to enter my room without my being there. The Dolphin is part of a hotel complex with the other part being the Swan. They share a lake. I recommend requesting a room with a lake view. For conferences, the Dolphin has outstanding facilities. I attended a meeting of 1500 and there were rooms to accommodate all sizes of groups. The food service is outstanding in quality and service. A few tips: The Mears Shuttle from the airport is less than $40 round trip as compared to taxi that may be as much as $60-70 one way. Mears is slow because of the number of stops they make at the area hotels. A second tip: There are four nice, upscale restaurants in the Dolphin/Swan that do only dinner. I was not able to get a table for one and there seemed to be a preference given to parties of at least two. I realize the restaurants would rather have two meals served at a two-top. Room service is an okay alternative. Like many resorts, you are somewhat captive and limited to shopping and restaurants on the property unless you have a car. The hotel is convenient to Epcot and other places.

Room Tip: Request a lake view
Green Features: They have an alternative to full service consisting of emptying waste baskets and replacing bottled water (complimentary) , coffee etc. For this you receive $5 a day discount on restaurants or points on the Sheraton Preferred Guest account.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Even though this is a Disney hotel, it is run by Starwood and you feel a little difference. That said, it is walking distance to Epcot, and to trains and busses to get you everywhere else. The pools are great. Ideally you ask for a renovated room, with a balcony, and a view of Epcot. If you have to prioritize, I would ask for a balcony because you won't be in your room much anyway. Also conferences get discounted Disney tickets and they say only if you preorder. We found you can order after the conference starts too. In any case, I liked my stay at the dolphin and would come back. Some other reviews posted here are too picky. The place is not perfect but the issues are minor really.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

ok, so I was quite concerned when I read the reviews. I had no choice as I was attending a conference, but it didn't sound pretty. In reality, the hotel is fine if you are wanting to be near the parks. For a conference without a big desire to go to the parks, it is pretty limited. Nothing much to see or do, and not many dining or outdoor options. But the public spaces are quite pleasant, the gym is fine, and the pools offer variety. Just to clarify based on previous reviews, there currently are no renovated rooms at the Dolphin; those are at the Swan. The rooms at the Dolphin reflect heavy use, ie the paint and carpet show wear, but the bathrooms and beds are fine, and the rooms are relatively spacious. Unlike previous reviewers, my room was clean and made up each day with no problem. Food options on site are very limited; not even a decent coffee stand! Better options at the Swan. Also, my room on the 18th floor had windows that did not open, and an AC system that cycled between freezing and hot with no in between. As noted below, I would ask for a room wiht a balcony to get some outside air. So, if you want to be super close to the parks with a decent room and pools, the Dolphin would be ok. Otherwise, you wouldnt really want to be here unless you had to.

Room Tip: Upper floors on east side have fireworks view at night, which are quite nice. BUT the windows on th...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!