“So disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #162 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
west palm beach
“So disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am a Starwood gold member and yet when I got to hotel it took them 10 min to even realize this. The rooms look like they have had not been maintained since 1999. Stains on the floor and furniture , worn carpets, chips on the porcelain. The climate control system is terrible. You had to make the room temperature 60 to keep the humidity below 100 percent (and I live in florida so I am typically ok with some humidity).

Overall such a disappointment.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have stayed here many times through out the last couple decades and I am sad to report this place is not what it used to be… the carpets through out the hotel looked worn, especially in the hallways leading to the rooms, the beds were not as comfortable, the amenities were not replenished on a daily basis. It appears they lost their eye for detail. This has been my third visit within the last year and I must say with confirmation the overall feeling was just gone after a year and a half or so of slow decline. The upside of this hotel and its saving grace is its proximity to everything. The boats are so convenient for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The buses are reliable and constant. And it makes for a lovely walk to the Boardwalk for a later dinner reservation or just a leisurely evening stroll. We will likely be back despite the decline as location is unbeatable.

Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

For us this was one of the worst hotel stays ever. But let's start with the facts: As usual I have sent the hotel an email with room preferences a few days prior to our arrival. I basically asked for a quiet room (king, away from elevators, no connecting doors). The hotel offered us at checkin: two queens with connecting door or a king right behind the elevator.

Now keep in mind this is a 2200+ rooms hotel. At checkin we were told with attitude: "You have to decide now, room changes after checkin are NOT possible AT ALL." We were not allowed to see the rooms first.

When we checked later with the front desk we were always told: That the hotel is fully committed --> their wording for fully booked until the end of March. Withing three days they were not able to change our room away from the elevator. I have spoken to the front desk manager and the conversations went like this:

Me: Can we change the room today?
Front Desk Manager: No we are fully committed.
Me: So you want to say you have no one checking out?
FM: Yes 300 people.
Me: 300 opportunities for a room change.
FM: No we have also 300 checking in.

So what can you say then? You could also talk to the wall, the carpet or whatever.

The front desk staff has extreme attitude. They would laugh (I mean really laugh) in your face and say: "Sorry nothing I can do here".

At the night before we left we got an email from the Complex Front Desk Manager saying that he believes we feel better now than when we arrived.

That really made me upset since they didn't do anything to rectify the situation. I responded to him explaining this and making clear that the wording of his email is just ridiculous. He eventually waived all our incidentals but this didn't change anything since the room was so noisy. You could hear every elevator move. Again this is 2200+ rooms hotel... I don't believe they couldn't find a solution. They just seemed to have an internal policy of not making room changes at all.

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from the elevators. They are very noisy.
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent six nights with three teenagers and two adults, one cot, comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly. Grounds well maintained. Pools were great with activities and a lovely waterfall and slide. Easy walk to Boardwalk with water shuttle to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Convention area quite expansive. My daughter placed first in her comp. Great time would go back. Cheers!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the fireworks
Green Features: Go green option for towels etc can save you money on your room
Drexel Hill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

So disappointed with my stay... For the rate of total 330$/night, every time I left my room and returned... Series of chambermaid carts greeted me. The rooms need refreshing and rates should be equal to the style and comfort of the room... That's the expectation right? Pictures are worth thousand words... For days this was my view getting to and out of my room. I thought it was just temporary but after the second day...I had to change my mind. No I did not have a magical stay, sorry!

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

For the price, I expected to have a room nicer than your average 3 star hotel. Don't get me wrong, the staff was very friendly, the room was clean (except for the pack of
Cigarettes found stashed in the iron holder) and the view was great. There are free water taxis to take you to two of the parks and buses for the rest. Plenty of dining options. Good wifi throughout hotel.

Flemington, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just returned from the dolphin and I have to say it was a total let down. We were told on arrival that we were being placed in an upgraded room. What we found when we opened the door was nothing short of disgusting. The "upgraded" room was large and had a seating area in it, but the room was very dated, well worn and dirty. Bathroom floor had something on it so it was not washed and hair on the sink. The sofa was so stained (I am talking large dark stains on both arms and in the middle of the cusion) and worn out I would not even put my bag on it. The room had a king bed but it was a Murphy style bed that folded out of the wall and was super uncomfortable. Since the room had two doors into other rooms I am guessing this would be part of a suite or extended room. We did complain and asked to be downgraded back to our original non upgraded room. The front desk person was super nice and was very helpful in getting us switched. We were given a standard room with two beds. It was better and cleaner but still not what I would expect for this price point. We did have a great view of Epcot and it was a great location to access that park and the Boardwalk, which was under a 5 minute walk. Epcot also walkable or they offer a boat taxi. Very nice and convienent. I was not aware this is not a Disney owned hotel and this hotel is not up to a Disney standard. It is in dire need of a update and a good cleaning. Staff were pleasent but I would not stay here again.

Green Features: Hotel did offer a green choice in which you can forgo new towels for a $5 food credit. Liked that option but did not see anything about recycling in our room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!