“Good location, dated decor, worth the price??” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #159 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Canada
“Good location, dated decor, worth the price??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Dolphin for a conference in April and found the hotel to have a great facade, but after a few minutes you can start to see the tell tale signs of an aging hotel. The check in process was extremely efficient and what you would expect from Disney...fast, friendly and customer oriented.
The room was not overly clean, and had left over food in the fridge, which was surprising to see from a Disney quality resort. At over $200/night, I would have expected a little more.
The location was excellent, and having the quality of restaurants, pool, shopping, Disney access all within a few minutes walk was excellent.
I did have a small issue with the air conditioning unit, which was resolved quickly and thoroughly by the maintenance team that showed up within 30min of my call. The Wifi was pretty slow, but not horrible.
Overall I enjoyed my stay, and would definitely look to this hotel as a family friendly Disney hotel. The level of service by the team was what you would expect from Disney.

Room Tip: Get a room on the East Tower, or overlooking Epcot to watch the fireworks. Ask at check in, they wi...
Green Features: Excellent green option, ask at check in. It was refreshing to see that the hotel rewards us for participating in this.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

So, I never write reviews because I travel every couple of weeks and I expect certain hotels issue to arise. However, I need to let off a little steam. Last night was my first night staying at the Swan, a Starwood chain hotel within the Disney resort. My first issue arose upon check-in when I, along with 3 of my colleagues all checked in at the same time. They were given automatic room upgrades to balconies overlooking the resort area, while I was given a un-renovated room on the west side facing the drop off. I let this go, however, happy to have a room for the conference. When I got to my room, it was very clear it had seen its best days. It looked about like what you expect from years of wear and tear by numerous children. I let this go as well. I noticed immediately that the air conditioner was blowing extremely hot, humid air, so I popped it down to 65 and took off to dinner with my group. I didn't actually feel bad about my room until I heard them bragging about their lush bathrobes and balcony, but I shrugged it off again (although it was sort of feeling a little hurtful-1/4 doesn't get the upgrade? Couldn't you have at least evened it up so 2/4 had standard rooms). Anyway, we take a walk on the enjoyable Boardwalk after dinner and head back to the rooms. I walk in......and it is like a furnace! It's showing 78 and blowing out humid Florida air. And by air, I mean no coolant whatsoever. So, I mess with it for a bit and decide its a job for an engineer. I call the front desk who says that they will have an engineer there in 15-20 min. In the meantime, I mess with the air a while longer expecting that maybe it's me? So, I think maybe a little cooler air is blowing out and I call down to give an update, and I find out......no one put in the order for an engineer at all! I was shocked, but I told them it was ok and I was working with it. Apparently, I did not fix it....I was awakened every hour all night, forced to mess with the air in hopes it would stay on for about 30 min, after which it would shut off and we would repeat the routine. I got zero sleep and woke up pretty darn irritated. I called the desk and let them know I needed an engineer and was not happy. They promptly sent one up and he quickly replaced the battery and I finally had air! Being a little ticked that they could have quickly fixed the situation last night and simple chose to ignore my request, I, for the first time ever, went to check in to complain. When I explained the room upgrade preferential treatment, I was given the excuse of first come first serve? Seriously? I was with 3 other people at the same time and I was super nice. 2nd, with the terrible night, and poor guest services, I was given an apology and offered.....breakfast. Well, no thanks. For, $260 a night, shouldn't we have breakfast supplied? And that does not take away my sleepless night, which I paid for out of pocket so I could enjoy an extra night at Disney. Seriously, Starwood, I expect better from you and you have lost my business and I travel every couple of weeks: it will be Hilton and Hyatt chains from now on for me!!! Stay away from room 762West-sleepless and unhappy!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This elegant and eclectic hotel has everything you could possibly need for a lovely stay. We stayed for 5 nights to go to the Disney parks. I loved being here with two teens because it gave us all the conveniences of staying at a Disney related hotel while also giving us a little break from all the character stuff of the parks. The transportation to and from the parks was terrific and timely. The pools are lovely and the swan boats on the lake between The Swan and Dolphin hotels are so special! Although it seemed like The Dolphin is the "main" hotel of the two, we ended up being very happy to be at The Swan. Since the two properties are attached by a lovely walkway, it seems like one hotel which we did not realize at all before staying there. Online it appeared to us to be much more like two entirely separate hotels. This was a nice surprise! The Dolphin has a 24 hour restaurant for late night snacks which my daughters loved. The Swan seemed quieter and more low key and we really enjoyed that aspect. The restaurant with the giant tree was very good for breakfast. Room service was especially delicious, convenient, and well-priced too. The staff is very friendly throughout the hotel. The concierge on the lobby level can help with the Disney fast pass process if needed. Our room was clean and recently renovated with a view overlooking the entrance and the nearby lake. If we stayed again, I would request a room overlooking the pool and lake area that faces The Dolphin. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room, but it was very comfortable with every possible convenience. The bed was truly heavenly! After staying at The Swan I will be much more likely to seek out Westin brand hotels in the future. We really loved our stay.

Room Tip: Seems like all the rooms would be fine. There are some that overlook a courtyard and others that ov...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the room to the pool to the resturants everything was fantastic. Friendly and helpful staff guided us through our first Disney experience. Pool was very clean with more than enough seats for us to soak up some sun and drinks while the kids splashed and rode the water slide. Convienent bus and ferry to all Disney locations

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This place has an awesome staff. Especially Matt at the front desk whose smile and honest demeanor helped make the wait for a special room with a view of the Epcot fireworks palatable. However...when the momentous and anticipated sky show started...all I could see was the reflections and all I experienced was the noise. Certainly not worth the wait. The sleeping room though clean was extremely dated with a teeny bathroom. Although loyal to Starwood not sure I would return.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

From the email I receiced offering help for plans a week before my trip to the surprise balloons placed in our room for my son's birthday - no detail overlooked. Excellent location and property. Highly recommend.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We frequently visit Disney World and always stay at the Dolphin. We love the location, amenities and atmosphere. We had the opportunity to use the pool this trip and the children loved the slide. Thank you for another fantastic vacation!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!