“Very good hotel, just not spectacular” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #163 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
BC
“Very good hotel, just not spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

this is a nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay with no complaints. we have also stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in California as well as the Polynesian at Walt Disney World, so we can easily compare. We stayed at the Swan. the beds were comfortable, but not 'heavenly' as the room describes. The bathrooms are clean and with 2 sinks, it is great for a couple to share. we had a room with a balcony which was nice as we made use of it to sit out and enjoy the warm weather. you might want to request an upper room on the Epcot side to catch the fireworks... we were on the 2nd floor and couldn't see them above the trees.
The pools are very nice and the small beach is a nice touch. we ate at 4 restaurants on site, ... there is one for every taste.. sushi, italian, etc. MUST eat at the Blue Zoo... WOW!! what an amazing restaurant with incredible food , just be prepared to pay, it is expensive. but certainly worth it for a special dinner out.
didn't get to the gym, but like that it is available and not an additional cost as some hotels are. You can walk to Epcot from the hotel in about 10 minutes. the boardwalk is nice too for an afternoon stroll or early morning jog.
The hotel was accomodating, the concierge helpful and overall it was a very nice stay. LOTS of activities lined up, smores on the beach at night, movies to watch on the sand, free workouts etc. the hotel does a really good job of providing lots of value added perks. would definetely recommend... oh, and free WIFI too AND they have an environmental / green program that is the first i have seen. nice touch. the only drawback is the constant honking of the water taxi.... not so peaceful

Room Tip: upper floor with balcony on Epcot side
Green Features: LOVE that the hotel gives you an option to NOT have your room cleaned every day... you save the environment AND they give you 500 SPG points each day for choosing this!!!!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Indonesian first
Missouri City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Dolphin while attending a conference in the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the Disney Boardwalk and Epcot, which is a great amenity. They also offer a boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studies, along with a shuttle to other Disney parks. The hotel lobby, conference spaces, and restaurants are all quite nice, and all of the employees are very friendly. The only downfalls that I found were that the rooms were small and the bathroom showed wear. Otherwise, great stay and great hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Epcot fireworks.
Green Features: The hotel offers a "green" program, which gives you a $5 coupon for the hotel's restaurants for each night that you choose to participate.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is definitely an amazing hotel. The rooms were extremely nice and very comfortable. I wish I had been able to spend more time hanging out so I could relax and enjoy the room. Unfortunately since I was attending a conference I spent most of my time out of the room sitting in workshops and sessions and didn't get to sleep in or do any of the other things that would have allowed me to fully appreciate the digs there.

The only downside to the hotel was the restaurant pricing. Be prepared for sticker shock if you plan to eat on the property. And if you want to get off the property, be ready for sticker shock at the prices to get a shuttle or cab to restaurants that regular people can afford.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Everyone was extremely helpful. In particular, Chad B working in Banquets went out of his way to take care of my special dietary needs without blinking or causing the slightest disruption to our event. I felt completely taken care of.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had read several reviews about this property before arriving in Orlando, and having previously stayed at a "deluxe" Disney-owned resort property, I was somewhat skeptical of how Starwood would be able to deliver a comparable experience ... but after having an amazing 5-day, 4-night stay mostly for business, I was most certainly not disappointed. On this particular trip, I arrived in the evening via a Mear's shuttle, and was welcomed with no line at the front desk. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, and I was quickly checked into the hotel (The Dolphin) and resting on the comfortable "Heavenly Bed" while catching my breath from a long day of travel.
The bathroom in my room was kinda small (colleagues staying at the Swan seemed to have more bathroom space), but everything in the room seemed very up-to-date and in excellent condition. A family of 4 would have been cramped, but 2 adults were very comfortable. The in-room A/C did a great job of helping this Californian escape the Florida humidity, which admittedly was not bad at the end of February.
I took a convenient stroll over to the Disney Boardwalk area to orient myself with the property and figure out how to maximize my entertainment time before the conference I was attending started the next afternoon. Even though it was a Thursday evening, there was a happy crowd returning to their rooms from the night's fireworks display, which happily can be seen FOR FREE without entering Epcot from a bridge adjacent to the Boardwalk area. There were restaurants and lounges open with adult crowds unwinding and enjoying themselves ... it felt very welcoming and vibrant!
Since the rest of my party didn't arrive until the morning, I decided to call it a night early and grabbed a DELICIOUS burrito bowl in my room that I picked up from the Picabu's cafeteria-style restaurant which is conveniently open 24 hours. (I enjoyed biscuits and gravy there for breakfast the next morning)
I woke up early to take advantage of the unlimited access to the hotel's health club facilities and enjoyed a good cardio workout on the equipment which was as up-to-date and numerous as my neighborhood brand-name gym. I then noticed a trail map, so took a morning jog around the expanded resort area, and was impressed at how clean and well-maintained the entire property is.
After attending my conference at the Swan, I had a last-minute schedule change which left time to explore Epcot ... which was made easy with the meetings & conferences discounted "After 2pm" park pass rate. The resort-side entrance to Epcot was free of any lines whatsoever, and the return walk home after watching fireworks from the lagoon was effortless and enjoyable.
I rank my experience staying at the Dolphin on par with my experience of staying at one of the Deluxe Disney hotels ... with the added bonus of the extra Starwood Preferrred Guest points I was able to earn at the same time!

Room Tip: If you are going to be spending any amount of time in the room .. pay a little extra to have a view...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Family of four, we were very happy with the Swan. Have stayed in the Dolphin a couple times but really proffered the Swan better. Swan is more of a Westin, and the Dolphin is a Sheraton. We asked for an upper floor that was renovated, and could see the fireworks. They we're not able to get us the side of the building to see the fireworks, but they did get us an updated room. It was very nice. We had a corner room with lots of windows. Very clean. Especially the bathroom. All staff we encountered were great. Especially the bellman, and the valets. Definitely use the valet service. One quick call, and the car was brought right up. Never had to wait in the entire week we stayed. Otherwise you will have to park in the lot and your car could be a long walk for not much less money. Driving was a great option to MK. Parking there was free when you show your room key. This way you don't have to wait what could be 20 min or longer for Disney bus. It is only a 5 min drive. For Epcot just use the ferry service from the hotel. The ferry was great, they drop you off at the International gate in EPCOT. At rope drop in the am they actually let you in 10 minutes earlier than than main gate. We were able to hustle to Test Track and were the first ones on line for it. They have a really nice pool area that my kids loved as well as a game room at each of the Swan and Dolphin. My only issue, and it was a small one, was that when we checked out at 0700, there was only one person at the front desk. I had to wait about 20 min just to get a copy of my bill printed out. Other than that this place was great. The kids loved it also, we will definitely be back. I really enjoyed my stay here. Sometimes after being in a hotel room for six nights you start to get tired of it. Not here, we really did not want to leave and go home.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on EPCOT side, and a renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Copley, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Dolphin is in a great location for Epcot. There is a boat that will take you to the Broadwalk, Epcot, or Studios. It is a large hotel, more for conventions than families. It was built in the 70s so it shows it age with small bathrooms and small room size. There is a fee, $18 a night for parking. I would not recommend this hotel for a family. The restaurant choices are limited. This is a Starwood Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the Broadwalk have a nice evening view of the area lights. Floor configuration...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!