“Love love love” 5 of 5 stars

6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #160 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Love love love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Has to be my new favorite hotel! I had the Epcot room and it was the best view I've ever had. We came back to the room at 9pm to see the Epcot fireworks from the room and it was just amazing. Staff was very helpful and friendly, their pizza (we had room service) was delicious and was brought up fast. Location is brilliant, right next to the Boardwalk as well as the Beach Club. Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Just stayed here for a week for a conference and cannot believe they charged $249 for this gross place. There were hairs all over the bathroom floor. I had a noisy room by the elevator, and underneath renovation of a room upstairs , so I could hear drilling in the morning . The food was awful for the conference lunches and dinners..One of my coworkers bit into a crumb cake and it had a bug in it!!Another coworker told me on the bus leaving today that she was woken up by a roach crawling on her face and had to switch rooms in the middle of the night. The hotel employess throughout the hotel seemed like they hate their jobs and were very rude and often unaccomodating ..the restrooms in the hallway by our meeting rooms smelled so strongly of urine we all about gagged everytime we had to use it throughout the week. I Heard they are remodeling soon.. Unfortunately that won't help the rude employee situation. Worst conference location I've been to in 15 years.

• Stayed January 2015
Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Dolphin resort and I can say for sure that this hotel requires a renovation as soon as possible. I heard that the Swan resort was much better. Rooms are spacious and relatively clean but you really feel that this hotel was build few decades ago.

Without asking to participate on their "room service program" (where you have your room done every 3 days and you get a $5 voucher for every day your room is not cleaned) the hotel decided not to clean our room. Anyhow the room service was below average.

Sleep quality is again average, but at least the rooms are quite (if you are not located near the elevators).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Dolphin for a business conference.
Honestly the place needs to get out of 80's for the prices paid there. I get the location is good, but i have a feeling that they have been leaning on that for 25-30 years now.Next time i'll bring my Miami Vice outfits. There is only so much peach, coral and aqua I can stand. It would also help if an average sized person could fit in the bathrooms without dancing with the door. I do appreciate the workout getting up to shut off the TV - Hopefully the remote batteries will work for the next guy. Also what hotel still has water wasting retro toilets? and cannot imagine the water wasted there everyday.

The outdoors are very nice - top notch landscaping. I was there in January, so didn't get a chance to see much aside from the hotel. So this review is strictly on the actual hotels

Room Tip: Stay at the Swan if possible - apparently the rooms are a little less "Frankie goes to Hollywoo...
Green Features: See above on the non efficient - water wasting toilets. Hilarious that there is the ability to decline room service to "save water" yet the toilet dumps 6 L down the drain with each flush
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
WDWSDExecutiveOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have also received your review through Starwood. We are approximately halfway through the refresh of our Swan property. We look forward to welcoming you back to experience one of our newly refreshed rooms.
Walnut Creek, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I can's believe my company paid $209/night for us to stay in this dump. If I was paying for this with my own money, I would have left. The phones, iron and coffee maker didn't work. The paid wifi too didn't work and I spent over 20 minutes dealing with first getting someone at the front desk to answer the phone and then working with support. The bathroom was tiny and the hallways were constantly crowned with cleaning carts and left over food at all hours of the day and night. The room hadn't been updated in over 20 years and they had no less than 3 different floor coverings in a tiny room more reminiscent of New York in size than Fl. If this was your only exposure to Disney, the company would be our of business...stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. What you have described is certainly not our standards. You can be assured that your review has been passed on to our leadership team and they will be sure to take corrective action. We have currently embarked on a beautiful refresh and redesign of all of our guest rooms, and would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our iconic resort.
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

You know a hotel is great when you're eager to return. I visit Orlando a couple times a year, and have stayed on Disney properties as well as at Courtyard, Hampton Inn and others. I tried the Dolphin's sister hotel, the Swan, in Nov. 2013 and the Dolphin in May 2014. I like both...but the Dolphin has more upscale restaurants, resort views (for an additional fee) and several connecting pools with a slide, a grotto, hot tub and other amenities. I returned again in Oct. 2014, and I plan another trip to the Dolphin in May 2015. What's so great? It has many Disney perks (shuttles to parks, free parking at the parks, a water taxi to Epcot and MGM, Disney concierge desk) plus a pedestrian bridge to the bars and restaurants at Disney's Boardwalk (including dueling piano bar Jellyrolls) and two additional pedestrian bridges to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The hotel also features a National/Alamo rental desk if you need a car for the day. The Dolphin has some of the best dining in Orlando at all price points, as well as a lobby bar. Best of all, it's less expensive than comparable Disney properties (such as Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club). What totally sold me was that the Swan and Dolphin are now owned by Starwood Properties Group (SPG), with the Dolphin operated by Sheraton and the Swan by Westin. As a result, if you have an SPG card, you get points for your stay!! I've accumulated enough points for three free nights on my next visit. I can't say enough good things about this property. I love it!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your fantastic review! We appreciate your loyalty to our resort and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are eager for your stay in May with us!
TAMPA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall I thought this was a lovely property. I walked over to the Fountain restaurant at the Dolphin and it was WONDERFUL! The burgers there are absolutely amazing! I got the mushroom swiss and I loved it. My room was also awesome, it had a balcony and overlooked the Dolphin across the resort. Everyone working at the hotel was very friendly as well. It was rather cold, so I didn't go in the pools, but I did walk around the grounds and this would be a great place to take families. There are numerous pools and a childrens play area that looked fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view overlooking the dolphin/swan walkway that connects the two resorts
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our Fountain restaurant! We truly appreciate your compliments on staff and property. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!