“Bring you best 80's Apparel” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #160 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
“Bring you best 80's Apparel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at the Dolphin for a business conference.
Honestly the place needs to get out of 80's for the prices paid there. I get the location is good, but i have a feeling that they have been leaning on that for 25-30 years now.Next time i'll bring my Miami Vice outfits. There is only so much peach, coral and aqua I can stand. It would also help if an average sized person could fit in the bathrooms without dancing with the door. I do appreciate the workout getting up to shut off the TV - Hopefully the remote batteries will work for the next guy. Also what hotel still has water wasting retro toilets? and cannot imagine the water wasted there everyday.

The outdoors are very nice - top notch landscaping. I was there in January, so didn't get a chance to see much aside from the hotel. So this review is strictly on the actual hotels

Room Tip: Stay at the Swan if possible - apparently the rooms are a little less "Frankie goes to Hollywoo...
Green Features: See above on the non efficient - water wasting toilets. Hilarious that there is the ability to decline room service to "save water" yet the toilet dumps 6 L down the drain with each flush
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
Walnut Creek, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I can's believe my company paid $209/night for us to stay in this dump. If I was paying for this with my own money, I would have left. The phones, iron and coffee maker didn't work. The paid wifi too didn't work and I spent over 20 minutes dealing with first getting someone at the front desk to answer the phone and then working with support. The bathroom was tiny and the hallways were constantly crowned with cleaning carts and left over food at all hours of the day and night. The room hadn't been updated in over 20 years and they had no less than 3 different floor coverings in a tiny room more reminiscent of New York in size than Fl. If this was your only exposure to Disney, the company would be our of business...stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

You know a hotel is great when you're eager to return. I visit Orlando a couple times a year, and have stayed on Disney properties as well as at Courtyard, Hampton Inn and others. I tried the Dolphin's sister hotel, the Swan, in Nov. 2013 and the Dolphin in May 2014. I like both...but the Dolphin has more upscale restaurants, resort views (for an additional fee) and several connecting pools with a slide, a grotto, hot tub and other amenities. I returned again in Oct. 2014, and I plan another trip to the Dolphin in May 2015. What's so great? It has many Disney perks (shuttles to parks, free parking at the parks, a water taxi to Epcot and MGM, Disney concierge desk) plus a pedestrian bridge to the bars and restaurants at Disney's Boardwalk (including dueling piano bar Jellyrolls) and two additional pedestrian bridges to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The hotel also features a National/Alamo rental desk if you need a car for the day. The Dolphin has some of the best dining in Orlando at all price points, as well as a lobby bar. Best of all, it's less expensive than comparable Disney properties (such as Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club). What totally sold me was that the Swan and Dolphin are now owned by Starwood Properties Group (SPG), with the Dolphin operated by Sheraton and the Swan by Westin. As a result, if you have an SPG card, you get points for your stay!! I've accumulated enough points for three free nights on my next visit. I can't say enough good things about this property. I love it!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
TAMPA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Overall I thought this was a lovely property. I walked over to the Fountain restaurant at the Dolphin and it was WONDERFUL! The burgers there are absolutely amazing! I got the mushroom swiss and I loved it. My room was also awesome, it had a balcony and overlooked the Dolphin across the resort. Everyone working at the hotel was very friendly as well. It was rather cold, so I didn't go in the pools, but I did walk around the grounds and this would be a great place to take families. There are numerous pools and a childrens play area that looked fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view overlooking the dolphin/swan walkway that connects the two resorts
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hotel was okay in terms of quality rooms, bars and amenities. No shop on site and the staff we a little disappointing. I know in the US that tipping supplements wages but it is not a given right so provide service and less attitude.

The lobby bar staff in dolphin need to remember quality service and friendly attitude will serve them and the client better. Il Mulino restaurant staff were equally poor and could also take the time to reflect on why tips are really paid.

Hotel is in close proximity to factory outlets and theme parks. My room was clean and of a good size but decor needs a freshen up. 3.5 star at best and service at a 2.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Having just lost my father it was more than important for family to gather for Christmas in a positive enjoyable place.
From the moment we first tried checking in there were problems. We stood in line waiting for the next person available. No one else in front of us and watched guest after guest have problems and argue with the hotels employees. I watched people angrily pull out their phones and proceed to try and prove something, make multiple phone calls to prove some point to the employees, and ask for other employees help. Possibly management. After standing in line for a half hour we decided to go grab a bite to eat at the Boardwalk and try again later. A few hours later we returned only to have the same experience! Guests arguing with the desk employees, pulling their phones out to show them something and making phone calls. This was getting ridiculous! We just wanted to check in!
After a good 40 minutes it was FINALLY our turn. Yes, 40 mins. I know this because I kept checking the time on my phone wondering when the heck will this end! The woman who checked me in went through her standard script and proceeded to tell me that not only was I going to be charged the resort fee ($23. Which was expected) but I also was going to be charged a $16 parking fee. Hold on a minute! When I booked I asked specifically about parking(It is the Disney area after all) and was told it was included in the resort fee. Here I was now having to argue with the desk clerk! After getting other employees involved, she agreed to remove the fee as a one time courtesy and gave me attitude like I had made a mistake that inconvenienced her. I told her she needed to get a hold of the employee who booked my stay because he needed to not be giving out incorrect information. This was not a mistake on my part.
She finally handed me my room key and a booklet about the spa, pools etc. Then proceeded to tell me to have a nice day and asked for the next person in line. I had to ask her where my room even was! Isn't that kind of important information to give a guest?
As I headed to my room I felt she was getting back at me for the parking fee inconvenience. I took the elevators down to the very bottom floor. As soon as the elevators opened I had the distinct feeling of being in a basement. It was musty, moist and much much warmer. I walked past curtains that didn't really block the view of the chairs and carts that were being stored down there. I didn't have to wander far because my room was right behind the elevators. This had to be a joke. When I entered the room a cleaning lady was still in there! She was just as shocked as I was! She quickly gathered her things and left, and all I could think was God I hope she actually got to clean the room!
The family and I headed back out for some more exploring and returned to our basement for some much needed sleep. After a day of travel nothing sounded better. Little did I know that families would be coming and going at all hours of the night. Yelling down the hallways and of course one after another using the elevator which made a very nice and loud DING! Every time the doors opened. On the outside, and window of our room, there just happened to be a door for a side entrance into the hotel. Nothing says get a great night of sleep like people slamming a door, walking past your window talking, yelling down the hallway and an elevator that incessantly yells DING!
At about 7 am and literally no sleep I called and asked for a manager. I was told the cleaning crew would be informed not to clean until the afternoon so that we could catch some much needed sleep.
At 8 am. Yes, 8 am I was startled by a cleaning woman vacuuming not just right infront of my door but with an attachment under my door! I took a video it was so ridiculous! I also called the manager again and asked what happened to the plan? It couldn't have even been a half an hour after talking to him that this started!
So until checkout we listened to non stop noise mixed with sounds from the cleaning crew and their vacuum.
When I went to check out I let them know how horrible this experience was. No one really seemed to care. It probably didn't help that it was the same woman who checked me in. Check out became a catastrophe as well as they over charged me and needed to figure out how to fix that problem. Which took another 40 mins of my time as they all literally disappeared into the back room and didn't come back the entire time frame. They finally emerged and told me the correction was made and I should see it in a few days.
I left for another day of traveling and ended up having to stop half way into my trip for safety reasons thanks to the severe sleep deprivation.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is within walking distance to the Epcot Countries Showcase. you can also take one of the small Disney boats to Epcot from either hotel or one of the Disney buses to one of the many Disney parks. Staying at one of these hotels also gives you the ability to enjoy Disney extra magic hours. check expedia, sometimes they list them with special pricing. Schula's restaurant is also in the Dolphin along with a few other cool restaurants. The Swan is little smaller, but offers a Disney character restaurant on the main floor. Fills up during Conventions or events, such as the Wine and Food festival (the Dolphin is very large and includes a convention center) you do pay for parking everyday and a fee for the gym (if you use it) so be aware of those extra charges when you stay, if you have a car. Overall nice hotels, good service, great location to Epcot and Disney transportation

Room Tip: Walking distance to Epcot.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!