“Beautiful Renovation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #159 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Beautiful Renovation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The resort has been beautifully renovated. This resort is in a great location. The only thing that we could complain about was the thin wall. We were kept up by the adjoining room and then woken by them the next morning. They were loud but you shouldn't be able to hear so clearly what is going on in the next room.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This place is beautiful not the most up to date but that didn't bother me. We only stayed one night and had fun exploring the resort. The golf is very pricy (27 dollars for 1 adults and 1 child) we ordered room service around midnight and the guy that brought it up (just a little pizza) asked how our day was and what not and after a few minutes he came back and gave us some complimentary desserts (they were amazing) because we had had such a rough day. The prices were pretty high but considering it's a westin/disney hotel I figured they would be. We had the buffet for breakfast at garden grove for 2 adults a 5 year old and 1 year old it cost just under 80 dollars but it was great food and a fun experience for the kids. Parking is ridiculously high as well as the resort fee but it was a good experience and the workers were extremely pleasant! I would come back just because of the workers they really do go above and beyond for people!

• Stayed January 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was skeptical going booking a hotel this size as the reviews were mixed and you never know what is the truth. But like always the truth is somewhere in between. First let me state that for a hotel this massive the staff was surprisingly attentive, professional and competent. check in was fast and efficient, bell service was friendly and efficient and their recognition of SPG membership was evident.

In truth, the rooms (especially the bathrooms) of the non- updated rooms are very dated and unfortunately the complaint of mold smell was evident some places (in my case the drawer) - but other wise the room was super clean, well kept and I asked to switch rooms and they accommodated me right away with a smile and no questions asked.

The views of EPCOT are spectacular and the facilities, while a nice walk from some rooms, are really nice - especially for kids. The location is perfect!

Bar and food services range from pricey to cafeteria, which is a great choice to have.

The one piece of advice I would give is, that I would have liked to have prior to my trip, was the difference between the swan hotel and the dolphin. the swan seemed to be very updated and the lobby was much classier than the behemoth dolphin. That being said the staff that I encountered and the service I received exceeded my expectations and live up to the Starwood standard

Room Tip: Epcot side is worth it is they have it
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my 11th trip to Orlando but my first stay at Disney (being a I-Drive regular) as I've always been put off by the price and the worry about getting anywhere else out-with Disney especially as I don't drive when I'm in Orlando, however it was definitely worth the extra money and the location is excellent. The Dolphin is walking distance to Epcot and the Boardwalk and easy to get to Downtown so there's plenty to do in the evening and Mears coaches do a great deal to and from Universal Studios and I-Drive so we didn't feel isolated. The hotel itself is also great; eco-friendly policies, friendly, helpful service from everyone we spoke with, the rooms were clean and spacious with free water, tea & coffee, Wi-Fi and everything else you could need. We were also fortunate that we could see Downtown and Hollywood Studios from our room so could watch the fireworks display every night. Yes its slightly more expensive than I-Drive (hence the 4 out of 5 instead of 5) but if you want a Disney stay without feeling 'stuck' in Disney then this hotel is for you. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Hollywood Studios & Downtown
Green Features: Recycling facilities and $5 off food purchases in the hotel everyday you opt not to get your towels changed
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

So we had a business show here . We checked in on a Thursday and we were there until Sunday. So at check in quick and smooth and all details well explained . I brought my family so it was work and pleasure . Met my boss for lunch and the food and atmosphere was great . Yes a little expensive but it's Disney . So my kids loved the heated outdoor pools and were overwhelmed with the game room. My wife liked the health club and the stores in the hotel were great . Saturday was the beach event where the food was unbelievably good. The hotel was laid out well and easy to navigate . We really couldn't have much to complain about . It was expensive , but it is disney and they offered a lot . At Sunday check out all went smooth including them transferring our luggage to another resort. I would highly recommend this hotel / resort for business function.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for three nights in October 2014 with some friends. I have SPG Gold status, so when I travel I try to stay at Starwood properties. It was the first time that we all were able to get time off, and why not Disney? We are all big kids at heart, so this seemed like a great place to have fun and escape the Northeast.

The hotel itself was fine. It has definitely seen its better days, but I didn't find anything that was more than cosmetic. The styles are a bit outdated and the colors are beginning to fade, but really, we didn't care at all. We went to Disney to enjoy the parks, not sit in our hotel rooms.

The room I was in was spacious and had a view overlooking Epcot -- which for me is a thrill, since Epcot is my favorite park. The bathroom area is dated, but again, functional, which is all that mattered. The beds, as in any Starwood hotel, are a highlight. We went to the gym each day that we were there, and it is a good size with nice equipment. It's on the bottom floor (one floor below the lobby) and kind of confusing to get to; just ask! There are tons of hotel personnel, all of who were very pleasant and helpful.

From the hotel, we walked to Epcot and the Boardwalk, took the boat shuttle to Hollywood Studios, and took shuttles to Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. In order to go to the Magic Kingdom, we went to Epcot and grabbed the monorail from there. The location for us was perfect, and we didn't bother renting a car. If you do, the parking lot is secure.

We only had breakfast at the hotel one day. It was pretty good; we didn't do the buffet, and prices were, well, what you would expect for a hotel at Disney.

The location was amazing, and the views were nice, but Starwood really needs to invest more in just the basic upkeep of the hotel. The service was really great. I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on at least the sixth floor to avoid noise from people walking around. Also, see if...
Green Features: They have the green program, which is wonderful! Participation is voluntary.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed last weekend over the long weekend at the Swan. The hotel from arrival to checkout stands out among the best. They have very friendly associates and customer service oriented. The resorts were hopping though it never felt crowded. Their location is spot on and there's a lot to do here between the pools, restaurants, boat rides to the parks, etc.

Stayed January 2015

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!