“Great location, better prices” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #160 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Great location, better prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Swan and Dolphin are my go to resorts because of the location and the consistency of my stay there. I love the fact you can walk to Epcot in minutes or over to the boardwalk. Boat shuttles are right outside between both hotels to take you to Hollywood studios or Epcot (faster to walk to Epcot) and buses out front for the other parks. I like the rooms at the Swan a little better (they recently had a makeover), but i like the Dolphin hotel overall better. For 2015 check with the Dolphin as they are undergoing a makeover on all their rooms, you might be able to get newly finished ones or at least avoid the construction. Breakfast at the Dolphin was very good and for dinner you have Shula's Steakhouse or Blue Zoo. We walked over to the Swan and Il Mulinos. Rooms are functional, clean and quiet, plus they have very comfortable beds. more of what you would expect from a business hotel. The prices here are why you come as you can find rooms here for $100's less than the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach club. They have great pools for taking a dip and a resort view room will have you looking at Epcot to see the fireworks. The only negative are that the rooms were a little outdated but they are fixing that (Swan is supposed to be fully done early 2015) and that even though you are on Disney Property it is not a full Disney hotel. they won't be handing you magic bands, your not getting disney themed rooms or a lot of characters at the hotel and you can't charge stuff back to your room at the parks. It is a nice place to stay and it will save you $100's and your in the middle of the action.

Room Tip: try to get a corner balcony room at the dolphin as these will have more light and its a little bigge...
Green Features: Every place is PC now with the environmental stuff so this question is worthless. if you want to skip maid services daily you get SPG points
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

What's better than a short walk or boat ride by to your hotel at the end of a long day of sightseeing? Getting SPG hotel reward points for a hotel stay inside Disney, that's what! And, since the Swan and Dolphin are part of the SPG hotels, you can use your points to stay (SPG Catagory 4) or upgrade while most other hotels inside Disney are not affiliated with a major brand. A few majors near downtown Disney around Lake Buena Vista like the Hilton, DoubleTree and Embassy Suites, offer bus service to the parks - but, the Swan & Dolphin have the exclusive on the free boat rides to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

In addition to the rooms having the Westin Heavenly beds, the 2 hotels share about a dozen dining options including 4 fine dining establishments. My favorite is still Shula's - however, Il Mulino is a close second when you're in the mood for Italian. This is a true resort and they do charge a resort fee of $23 to cover the spacious pools, water slide, and sandy beach. For those that don't do well in the sun, I suggest getting to the pool early to get a spot under the cave water fall.

The pool waitstaff is plentiful and they can bring you anything from a cold drink to a good sandwich. I've stayed here many times and never had bad service. The water slide is one of the better hotel slides in the Disney area. It's especially nice as they have lifeguards on duty and managing the slide to keep the kids from getting too "adventurous" as well as those adults that have chosen to drink and slide...

Some of the rooms have small balconies, which can be useful if someone in your family is an early riser and likes to watch the sun come up. There is a coin laundry and arcade located on the first floor of the Dolphin - just follow the signs to the health club. For those dedicated gym rats, you will be pleasantly surprised as it is more than the typical hotel gym. Numerous machines, free weights, cable weights and lots of cardio equipment. The gym also has showers - so, if you have an early check out, but a late flight they can be useful to freshen up after lounging by the pool all day...

Parking is $18 for self and a bit more for Valet. Breakfast options range from all in buffet's, to cafeteria style where you only pay for what you put on your tray. There are also coffee stands where you can just grab a bagel and your favorite cup of joe on your way to catch the boat. All in all, if you are planning to spend time in Epcot or Hollywood studios, this hotel is the best option in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The facility is very nice but not outstanding. The staff is nice and the rooms are very pleasant. They are similar to Starwood Sheraton/Westin quality.

The food at the hotel is expensive AND I was surprised that there were not as many kid friendly options as I would expect. They definitely have them, but they have a number of restaurants that are not really suitable for kids under 14.

The hotel has free shuttles to all of the Disney theme parks. The shuttle service seems to work well. I strongly suggest NOT renting a car and just using the shuttles and/or Uber to get around Orlando as it likely will be cheaper.

I will call out the hotel for having a $23 "Resort Fee" which in general I just think is a silly upcharge. I would rather see the hotel build in all their expenses into the room rate and not try to sneak in an extra $23 per night at checkout with this resort fee. Like all hotels that levy these fees, its not very consumer friendly.

Overall my stay at the Dolphin was good, and I would return.

Room Tip: Don't rent a car - Use Uber instead.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
St. Catharines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The location cannot be beat. We could walk to Epcot in about 15 minutes. The hotel lobby was gorgeous. The rooms were adequate. Which is why I feel it's not worth the price. Also you don't get as many of the same perks as staying at a true Disney resort, like the Mickey wake up call or MagicBand to charge items to your room. Next time we will stay at a budget Disney hotel and spend a little more time on the shuttles to and from the parks.

• Stayed August 2014
Port Orange, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Staff as check in was friendly and knowledgeable at the Dolphin. Lobby was gorgeous. Room was fairly standard. Bathroom area was small but beds were comfortable. Our 9 year old daughter loved the pools. Only complaint, the staff working the customer service desk needs more training. I attended to pick up our Disney tickets while my husband checked in and the older gentlemen behind the desk told me that he couldn't give us our tickets and we would have to go to the will call at the park to pick them up. As we were not looking forward to standing in line at the park for our tickets thus the reason we prepurchased them online, my husband went back to the same employee and was able to get our tickets. Very frustrating. Overall I would stay at the Dolphin again.

• Stayed December 2014
Santa Fe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

There is nothing negative about the hotel itself and the staff. Check in was great and the staff was friendly, gave us a great room with an amazing view. Room was clean and comfortable. Here are the negatives....

# bus to magic kingdom in the morning was a mess. The driver was incredibly rude and just let the people get in and sat on his seat. When we started complaining, he simply said that he is not moving until we can stand behind the yellow line. He was not willing to instruct or direct the passengers. We ended up taking the 20 minute ride packed like sardines !

# restaurants : need major customer service. I went to Ill mulino and kimono and both places treated me like I didn't exist. I understand I am not dressed to the t but come on ! Kimono was not even crowded but it was going to take them one whole hour to make a sushi. I didn't even place my order (I could be ordering cucumber roll) and it would still take an hour ! Ill mulino was even worse.....the waitress snapped at me to wait when I said I had a question.....uh !!!! For the price listed, you would think I could get a little service !!

If you can find another place to eat, do it but stay here

Stayed December 2014
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was visiting my family in Orlando. They have 3 children below the age of 9, so Disney is a big attraction for them. Despite the fact that they live 10 miles away from the park!! I went in with the expectation that this Disney World Resort would be full of kids, totally commercial and annoying all round. Luck for me, I WAS DEAD WRONG. First of all this hotel and resort is beautiful and inspires you to walk around and explore. The rooms are nice and neat, nothing too special but everything you can ask for paying the fair price you do. But more importantly were the restaurants at the hotel. Talk about some of the best food I have ever eaten!!! Great buffets, Coffee & Pastries, and some fancy restaurants. IF you can afford it (which I recommend you do) I would try Shulas!!! Best steaks in Florida they say. So after you have seen your sights and eaten your delicious food it is time to move on to the PARKS. They have buses, shuttles, and even boats to every part of Disney World. This made it really easy for my family to navigate the parks. We had a great trip. I am already saving my money for next year!!! I recommend you do as well.

Room Tip: The Suites are worth the extra price
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!