What's better than a short walk or boat ride by to your hotel at the end of a long day of sightseeing? Getting SPG hotel reward points for a hotel stay inside Disney, that's what! And, since the Swan and Dolphin are part of the SPG hotels, you can use your points to stay (SPG Catagory 4) or upgrade while most other hotels inside Disney are not affiliated with a major brand. A few majors near downtown Disney around Lake Buena Vista like the Hilton, DoubleTree and Embassy Suites, offer bus service to the parks - but, the Swan & Dolphin have the exclusive on the free boat rides to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
In addition to the rooms having the Westin Heavenly beds, the 2 hotels share about a dozen dining options including 4 fine dining establishments. My favorite is still Shula's - however, Il Mulino is a close second when you're in the mood for Italian. This is a true resort and they do charge a resort fee of $23 to cover the spacious pools, water slide, and sandy beach. For those that don't do well in the sun, I suggest getting to the pool early to get a spot under the cave water fall.
The pool waitstaff is plentiful and they can bring you anything from a cold drink to a good sandwich. I've stayed here many times and never had bad service. The water slide is one of the better hotel slides in the Disney area. It's especially nice as they have lifeguards on duty and managing the slide to keep the kids from getting too "adventurous" as well as those adults that have chosen to drink and slide...
Some of the rooms have small balconies, which can be useful if someone in your family is an early riser and likes to watch the sun come up. There is a coin laundry and arcade located on the first floor of the Dolphin - just follow the signs to the health club. For those dedicated gym rats, you will be pleasantly surprised as it is more than the typical hotel gym. Numerous machines, free weights, cable weights and lots of cardio equipment. The gym also has showers - so, if you have an early check out, but a late flight they can be useful to freshen up after lounging by the pool all day...
Parking is $18 for self and a bit more for Valet. Breakfast options range from all in buffet's, to cafeteria style where you only pay for what you put on your tray. There are also coffee stands where you can just grab a bagel and your favorite cup of joe on your way to catch the boat. All in all, if you are planning to spend time in Epcot or Hollywood studios, this hotel is the best option in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is located in the center of Walt Disney World. Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios are just a boat ride or short walk away, with Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Park nearby. Our hotel has free area transportation. We offer a unique blend of Disney benefits and Starwood amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Walt Disney Hotel Orlando
- Swan Resort Disney
- Disney World Swan Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort