“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #156 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Nice family hotel - a littel bit expensive at the restaurant - but fantasic pool area.
Sweet hotel staff.
Fantasic infrastructure - take the shuttelbus, and go direct to the disney themeparks.
Enjoy the free boat trips at the lakes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been meaning to review my stay from November. I attended a conference for work in November at the hotel. I actually decided to go 2 days early on my own to have some down time and me time. Traveling was exhausting to Orlando, even if it was just from NC. Being on an overbooked flight with families heading to Disney can really make you want to drink heavily on the plane. I was in pretty much the back of this full flight and by the time I got to Orlando I was just about over the trip. The wait for my prepaid shuttle took a lot longer than I had expected and they crammed us in said shuttle like a clown car. Wait it was exactly like a clown car, each stop the doors opened and we all rolled out to let the person out that was staying at that location...then we all piled back in for the next round.

Finally I arrived at the Disney Swan. My convention was at both hotels, with the main portion being in the Dolphin. I will get back to the conference part later. I drug myself into the hotel lobby and immediately I knew I was going to be ok and I was going to enjoy this week. I waited in the beautifully decorated lobby, where they have couches and chairs to lounge in and a large fountain with, well you guessed it...Swans. It is really pretty! I met a lovely woman at the check-in counter who I believe could see I had a long day. It was around dinner time and I was hungry and to the point where I needed a drink (many). She, I believe could see that too, wait I think I also told her ;). I was surprised with an upgraded room and 2 complementary glasses of wine!! Let me tell you. Here you are, over worked, under paid, alone at freaking disney and to top it off there are extremely fit marathon people all over (there was a marathon going on the night)....then someone gives you a room upgrade and 2 free drinks! Yes, you feel like you just won the lottery and the world may for one moment be on your side! Glorious feeling. I had over packed but opted not to get assistance. The lobby to the elevators is very convenient and everything smells good. Odd to say, but it smells like happy. As I put my little key card in the slot and slowly opened the door to my room, it was if I was on one of those travel commercials and music was playing some sort of theme song. The rooms are very clean and very spacious. But the highlight that was staring me in the face was my balcony with a beautiful view of the gorgeous fountain colored grounds. I think I may have teared up, I am not kidding...it's been a hell of a year. I threw myself onto that cloud of a bed (mine had 2 double beds). Pillows and fluffy white covers!!! You felt like you had just sat on a clean, dog hair free, husband sock and whatever else he chooses to strip off as he sweats uncontrollably free, no stains...white cloud! I could have stayed in the bed the whole week. But then I would have really missed out. Oh, I forgot to mention the white fluffy robe!!! Yes, this girl gets really excited about this kind of stuff when most things are covered in dog slobber and you cant imagine having anything the color white because of previously mentioned dog and husband. Things I didn't expect from a conference hotel either.

I decided to leave my beautiful room and headed to take a looksie around the grounds. They are huge and stunning! Fountains greet you as you travel between the Swan and Dolphin. At night they change colors and makes it feel magical. I knew I wouldn't get to enjoy a lot of downtime come conference time, I also proceeded to take a look at the 2 pool areas. One small one by the Swan that has a lovely little bar area (great drinks!). Also I discovered the hammocks that came to be my friend during conference downtime. The larger pool is enormous. It is like a lagoon with rocks, waterfalls and it winds around so you feel it goes on forever. It also has a slide and several hot tubs that are of varying temperature. That is a negative by the way. I had very few negatives, but the cold pool temperature and the cold "hot" tubs were a little disappointing. Anyway buck to the positive. I also found a larger bar area that was very cool. Like you feel cool sitting at it with the bar all light up. This area circles into the Dolphin. The Dolphin too is beautiful, but I prefer the Swan over it based on just the more upscale quiet ambiance it gives off.

Since I was there for the week, I ate at a few of the restaurants needless to say. I enjoyed the food and ambiance at Il Mulino. I found the bartender (can't remember his name) was great and friendly. He let me try a few things and made me some amazing drinks! I found I stopped by there for a Bellini just about every day. I also really enjoyed Kimonos. Excellent warm saki and tempura! One night after I worked out, I wanted a relaxed dinner low key and ate at Fountain. The waitress was amazing and friendly and I just adored her. She recommended the Tuna Burger and it was out of this world. I think I talked about it all week.

The location of this hotel is one you can't put a price tag on. You can take the boats around the area to the Boardwalk or Epcot or you can walk. I am telling you, it was so much fun just walking along the boardwalk! I love the shops, the little stands with food and drinks, all the other resorts, just was a happy place. It is also an extremely safe place. As I noted, I was there for the week alone, so I worked out each evening around the resort and boardwalk. I have never felt so safe. Such a nice thing when you live in a city!! I also loved walking to Epcot to come and go. FYI, I highly recommend going during the Food and Wine Festival!!! Great for adults!! I could come and go from the resort to take back bags and to wear off my food/wine!

The convention was also one of the best I had ever been to. I will return again next year for this conference. The facility for the conference, although extremely long walk to get from area to area in the conference, was done nicely. I definitely got in my 10,000 steps each day during the conference trekking back and forth!

There were definitely a few other negatives that I won't harp on: The staff doesn't seem to know when activities are going on. An amazing musician was performing by the lagoon pool and it was dark and weird that nobody on staff knew it was happening. They really need to advertise better and tell the staff. Nobody was there and that guy was freaking amazing! Also my light in my bathroom was so dark I had to actually use the sink area outside the bathroom to do my makeup and get ready. I notified the staff and they tried to fix it but it never did work...well until my very last day when suddenly it turned itself on. That's it, nothing else!

Housekeeping were angels! They were very attentive and took great care. This girl loved someone else changing sheets and making the dirty towels disappear!

I highly recommend the Swan for your Disney or conference or just need to get away trip. Really a great trip and plan on returning with my husband (socks and all) next year!

Room Tip: Balcony room overlooking the fountains is amazing! I was in a room that look straight down the walk...
Green Features: You have the option to not have towels and linens changed.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
West Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Much less than the Grand Floridian or even the Beach Club...but was just as wonderful! Love the Christmas tree in the lobby...loved the convenience to everything disney! Ten minute boat ride to epcot..or 15 minute walk! Busses to magic kingdom, downtown disney and animal kingdom ran quickly and on time every 20 minutes! The lobby is beautiful...pool and beach are great...gym was good! Our room was comfortable..balcony with view..even saw epcot fireworks!! Bathroom could use some updating..but I am picky and I did fine! Housekeeping was great...nice fluffy towles and toiletries! Our trip was worth every penny! Great and convenient place..wish they had more shopping options for disney stuff..but absolutely no complaints! Can't wait to go back next year same time..and same place!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived at the Dolphin around check in time and we usually valet our car and we found out that they raised the prices to $26 per day. We still did it, but next time will not do it. Check in was easy. Kids were admiring the Christmas decorations with a train with some of the Frozen characters on it.
We were on the 10th floor in the West wing (I think the West Wing) and away from the elevator.
The room was huge (four of us) with a great view of the Swan and the Dolphin waterfall statue was to the right of our window. Our room had a king size bed along with a sofa bed (queen I think) and was big enough for the two kids (12 and 9). The room had plenty of dresser and closet space. The bathroom did not impress us; it should have been a Jacuzzi tub. It did have two vanities, one outside the bathroom, which was great for getting ready and brushing teeth. The wet bar was also a weird set up. It was a small refrigerator with wasted space.
The decorations in the room were a little dated (90s style). You could watch the TV from the king bed only if you moved the table behind the sofa.
We watched the Epcot fireworks from our room, not as comfy, but still nice.
We went for the weekend to see all the Christmas activities that Epcot and Hollywood Studios offers along with what the Swan and Dolphin offers. Santa and Mrs. Clause and Santa are wearing shorts and he drives a golf cart. Some other stuff they do is: free pastry decorating for the kids along with free hot chocolate. We did not get to do everything, but we did put the kids in the Dolphin camp for two hours while the adults dined at Todd English’s bluezoo. It was free for two hours as long as you had paid for an adult entrée per child.
We like staying at the Boardwalk area because you can easily walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We did take the boat to HS one night and did take the boat home from Epcot. We took the bus to Magic Kingdom. The bus was dead when we left the Dolphin around 9:30; however coming back was a different story. It was packed. The bus to MK picks up three resorts, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin. We have sometimes jumped on the Yacht/Beach Club bus, but that line was pretty long too.
Check out was easy, but when we got home we realized they charged us for a roll away bed that we never had or ordered. They took it off.
We will be back here, but I don’t know about spending the extra money for the bigger room. Just was not all that impressed with the suite. They are due for an update.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed over the weekend at the Dolphin and enjoyed a beautiful day outside having lunch at the Cabana Bar. Wonderful food and beverage and nothing like your typical pool bar. Then an amazing nap in the sun over in a hammock at the Swan. All the service as outstanding and our rooms were immaculate. Thank you for a great holiday weekend!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. The price was great especially compared to other Disney Properties. We found it less expensive then the Allstar resorts but much nicer. Had a great room 10 floors up and could see the fireworks display over at Epcot. Room wasn't great but not a problem. Just a little dated. Beds were super comfortable and we were only in room to sleep so it was perfect for us.....Checkin was a breeze. Liked all the onsite restaurants(fountain for great ice cream, Il Millano for Italian and Blue Zoo for upscale) that we tried. You get early hours with this hotel. Had lunch at pool last day which as fabulous. Lots to do for young ins in pool area. Slide for pool. Fantasia Mini golf is right across street which is alot of fun for all.....

For xmas time, it was decorated with a Huge XMAS Tree in lobby, snow(foam) would fall every hour, music would play and Santa was there for pics. Very convenient as you can take boat to epcot and hollywood studios(or its a 15 minute walk as well). I did not like paying $25.00 for a resort fee per day. It is for free internet but guess what, I didn't need it as I was not in room at all(same with newspapers which I guess is part of it).....Other then the resort fee, All in all it was a great experience with kids and would recommend the hotel for the right rate.....

Room Tip: I would try to get up high and facing the Swan so that you can see the fireworks from epcot.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Dolphin for my company Christmas party, which was held at the hotel.
My husband and I stayed in a double room with a lovely lake view. Everything was meticulously clean, the beds were comfortable, and we enjoyed the in-room Starbucks coffee.

The party was held in one of the ballrooms, and everyone on the Dolphin's staff was phenomenal. The food was delicious and they really transformed the ballroom into a magical experience. It was especially fun to go outside after the party and enjoy the huge dolphin fountain, which is lit up beautifully at night.

We had breakfast at the Marketplace cafe, and it was a really nice buffet for the price. The Mickey waffles were delicious, and I really liked the freshly made juice concoctions- a perfect hangover cure! I've been at several events at the Swan and Dolphin, and they've always been excellent. I enjoyed my stay there and will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Ask for a lakefront room- very attractive views!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!