“We won't stay anywhere else!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #136 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Columbus, Ohio
“We won't stay anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

After staying at several Disney resorts we have fallen in love with the Sawn and Dolphin. When we checked in, we were asked if we were traveling for business or pleasure. When I said pleasure, the front desk gave us our choice of room views and floors. We had an amazing corner room with a view of the resort pool and Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Due to the large conference/business travelers it never feels crowed. No waiting or line for the park busses, boats and hotel restaurants. The food was excellent and the Swan offers character dinning. The pool is never crowded and children's activities are offered every 15 minutes. Our children loved taking the boats to Hollywood and Epcot. I was worried I would miss staying at a 100% Disney owned and operated resort, but the resort is truly in the heart of it all and we found the staff to be kinder and more professional then where we have stayed in the past. Oh! And the grounds were amazing, the room big and had a fridge. The bathrooms were smaller but who cares?!!? We will never stay anywhere else! Thank you Swan and Dolphin!

Room Tip: Tell the front desk you are traveling for pleasure i.e. your company is not paying for your trip. Th...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Delran, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Pros: the location to epcot and mgm is fantastic just a walk away. Picabu buffet and il tratora had some of the best food. The scenery outside is amazing and peaceful.

Cons: the hidden fees (seriously $20 a day for 2 bottles of water) the rooms are filthy..paint chipping..stained carpets..horrible smells. Also each day we got back around 4 pm our rooms were still not cleaned and when they did bother to clean it they forgot essentials like toliet paper or towels.

We booked this for our honeymoon (trust me not our first choice..but it was in the budget) I booked a king size room and when we checked in they gave us 2 queens in an adjoining room. We complained and they moved our room...they moved it to a standard room with a lovely view of the parking lot and right next to their construction (which by the way said 9am to 4pm which was great when we got woken up at 7am to a random phone call and then loud drilling) this time we threatened to just up and leave to a disney property when they moved us again to a gorgeous jr suite. Yes the room was lovely but we spent the first 4 days of our honeymoon moving rooms due to their original mistake

This is not a hotel I would recommend to anyone especially if they were looking for a lovely romantic time

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at the east woing of the Swan for three nights. A very nice hotel. Rooms seemed newly renovated with nice modern furniture and a great shower. The free internet was a perk. Household and room service were very welcoming. Room was clean and well maintained. On one of the nights I heard a lot of noise that went on for hours and I am not sure if it was caused by another guest a floor above or if it reflected some structural problem. A minor but important issue is that the shower lacks any shelf for soap or shampoo. The hotel is costly though and the cost of meals and room service could be reduced significantly so that a pizza will not end up costing $30.

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

DIRTY Dirty DIRTY. did I Say DIRTY. Our room was not as dated as i have seen, but it was not clean. Our Sink was cracked in the bathroom, the sink in the bar dripped all night long, and the toilet flushed itself randomly for our entire 5 day stay. SHEETS NEVER CHANGED, they say this is a green hotel...but it is more brown.

We had a few encounters with the staff...mosy were perfect. BUT A FEW STOOD OUT!
There was a guy at the "sand bar creation" at the pool that seemed to be better fitted selling the shamwow at a convention. DONT EVER YELL AT KIDS ON DISNEY PROPERTY!
i wanted to correct him---but we only had so much money ---didnt bring enough for bail.

the grounds were riddled with litter...wrappers...trash cans looked like they were put out by a drunk emplyee. There were oil spots all over where the busses idle. the caulikg between the concrete sections was a trip hazzard, and the mulch was in such need of refreshing--the guests could see electrical boxes throughout the beutifull foillage.

THe GUY behindthe bar at kimonoi---awesome. FUll of energy, turned a bad experience at bluezoo into something better. we could not our bartender there to explain the poorly written menu at blue zoo----so we opted to eat sushi.....which was very good. We went to pick up our kids at camp Dolphin and our dinner dicount was no longer valid.???? $40 at blue zoo bar, $93 in sush and we got kicked in the shorts with a $60 bill for our two kids to watch a movie . I even asked at checkout -----but no included care for kids unleass you "EAT" at the two (3) other restaurants.

$16 dollars a day to watch our car sit about 2 miles from the hotel. BAD LIGHTING in the parking lot. Border line unsafe. The signage was so dirty that I successfully wrote "wash me" on it.
the swipers kept us from excaping the parking lot twice due to mechanical failure. parking fail
The internet was good---but $23 a day good??? GREED
The Park closed at 5 on the days that we went for the halloween night events..it was a non issue for us. My kids just will just wear their costumes they brought for the event another time. prepurchased tickets were sold out for the event.

DID I MENTION HOW DIRTY THE HOTEL WAS??

NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: ASK FOR CLEAN ROOM, and for it so be cleaned every day
Green Features: They HVAC turns itself off when you leave. I did not like that.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for a conference for 6 days.

The hotel was "OK" - in the sense sleep quality was OK and water was hot in the shower. However as other reviewers noted the rooms and hotel shows their age - and overall I think the hotel could do with an update.

It was not "bad" as such - just kind of "a bed in a OK setting" - nothing to get excited about.

Fitness was OK - but some of the equipment could do with repairs and the pool was only open 09:00-09:00 - making a morning swim before the conference impossible.

So overall: don't run away - but on the other hand don't expect the world either.

Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Disney Dolphin for a Conference in October of 2014. It was not up the the standards of many hotels in the area. There were a number of issues that would concern the business traveler.
The main issue was the room internet connections were very weak and timed out frequently. I was not able to connect to my company's VPN network due to these issues. I was not able to complete any work during the conference and the IT department was no help at all.
The second issue was the general state of the room. I had asked for a King, but got a double bed facing the loading docks, and I booked four months in advance. The rooms made me feel like I was back in the 80s, with the exception of the television. The bathroom was very old, with old white tiles, and needed an exhaust fan. Most of the lamps did not work and the climate control had a mind of its own. The beds were comfortable, but not very supportive.
The third was the food. While there were several restaurants in the Dolphin that were decent, the buffet and Mediterranean were overpriced and terrible. I paid $15 for 3 tacos that Taco Bell would have made better. The only exception to the bad food was Shula's Steakhouse on the first floor.
I expected more from a Disney Resort. I was sorely disappointed with the internet, rooms, and food. Since I was there for a conference, they had me captive for five grueling days. If I were to come to a conference in the Dolphin again, I would stay in another hotel. For the business traveler, this hotel is unacceptable. For a tourist, it would be a decent place to stay, if it didn't cost so much to stay there. If you want a place to sleep after going to the parks, stay at the Best Western Resort for $100 less a night and better internet. They need to upgrade this hotel badly if they want to stay competitive.

Room Tip: Book way in advance or else they will give you a room facing the garbage cans.
Green Features: They have a green policy if you choose it, which basically means that they won't clean your room for days.
Ribeira Grande, Azores, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

For a resort inside disney world i thought the hotel was a disaster when it came to house keeping.
Paying over a thousand dollars for 3 nights i was expecting a way better service then i got.
My second day my room was a big mess, dirty pillow casings left in my room,bath room was not even clean, the room not vacuum,pillows on the floor,my bed all mess up. And more!!!
You better of staying outside disney and find something cheeper and nicer.
That i mentioned that weekend was my 30 wedding anniversary. YEP ....
Thanks swan for my 30 anniversary experience.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!