“A Little Tired” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #134 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Selby, United Kingdom
“A Little Tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This hotel would not be on my list of places to stay if I was to return to Orlando. I was on my own, visiting for business reasons and my room had two double beds, which the Reception staff seemed to think was a bonus. But I just don't get it. Had my wife been with me, one double bed would have been fine; I can see no reason for two. A family with kids sharing a room would be better off with a double and two singles, depending on the age and sex of the kids - but why two doubles?

The room was okay and it was good to have bottled water and ground coffee bags replenished every day, but the décor and fittings were a little dated, especially the bathroom. A couple of good points about the hotel are the air conditioning which was effective throughout and the conferencing facilities, however the wireless provision could not cope with a large number of delegates.

Restaurants attached to the hotel were expensive and ranged in quality. I have reviewed both Blue Zoo and Picabu separately.

Green Features: Very good in terms in environmental practice, offering a $5.00 per day voucher for the days that you don't use housekeeping, although you still have refreshment and toiletry replenishment.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed only 1 night and that's enough for me. I've stayed on several Disney resort properties and this by far was the biggest let down. Would much rather have stayed in a value resort than this "deluxe" hotel. Room smelled like a mixture of mildew and dog pee. Staff was helpful and responsive to my complaint and quickly had another room available. Upon moving to new room, there was an overwhelming perfume/fabreeze/glade scent. Bathrooms are very small and definitely needed updating. Tile grout was dingy and needed to be replaced. Parking was very, very limited for those of us who decided to self park (at a rate of $16.00) and at one point we were told the lot was "closed" because there was an event. It was clear that the valet team (on one side of the parking lot) and the self-park attendant (on the opposite side of the lot) had no clue what was going on and gave us conflicting information, which had us bouncing back and forth between the parking lot like a pinball. There weren't very many kids on site and the kids pool was almost non-existent. No family friendly feel at all.

This hotel did not live up to the Disney expectation that my family has come to know and is very familiar with at other resorts on site. The furnishings, square footage, and amenities are much nicer at other Disney properties. Save your money folks and pass on the Dolphin.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Dolphin this weekend for a business conference. Everything from check in to departure, and in between, was very pleasant. I have been reading reviews and agree that the hotel needs the update that is coming, but I did find my room to be clean and well attended to. The main reason I gave this property a 5 star review is because of their honesty and security! I lost my camera on Friday evening of my stay, pretty much figuring that it was gone. I had went over to the Swan for dinner (adjoining hotel on the property) and must have left my camera there. About 24 hours later, I received a call from Dolphin security. My camera had been turned in!! Whether it was a guest, or a staff member at the Swan, that turned it in, I'll never know. I do know, however, that there are indeed good, honest people out there! A special thank you to Frank from Dolphin security, who delivered my camera to my room! He was so friendly, yet professional and should be recognized for a job well done.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here as part of a package for Orlando magical Dining Month. Overall, this is a very nice hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms. The hotel is showing its age slightly, from the creaky doors to the old carpet and tile. However, because of its age the rooms have balconies, which is always a nice touch! In fact, we were placed in a corner room with two balconies - one off the room and another that wrapped around the stairwell accessible from an interior door. We only stayed for one night, but would be a very nice hotel at which to spend a Disney vacation. Easy access to Disney properties, and the pool area is gorgeous! Downside to the pool is no cabanas to rent. Our corner room had windows on two sides which made it bright and sunny. Very nice.

I can't comment on the value because we stayed on a special package, but a look at average rates show that this is an expensive option for the average Disney family traveler. Bar and food prices were high as would be expected from a resort on Disney property.

$23 resort charge and $16 parking added to the room price. Ouch. But hey, two free "name brand" $1.25 waters.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall with a balcony around the stairwell and windows on two sides.
Green Features: No opportunities for recycling. Our bottles and cans were disposed of in the regular trash.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was traveling for work so I'm probably not the typical guest at the Dolphin. Of the two hotels I was in the Swan and I thought that it seemed like a dated property. The Dolphin - at least the lobby and public areas - seemed more my style and would have been my preference but I didn't know much about them in advance.

The pools were very nice, and they offered free exercise classes outdoors in the morning. I did a water aerobics class one morning that was surprisingly intense for being in shallow water.

The restaurants I went to on site were tasty, though pricey as you'd expect at a resort. The location was great for easy access to Epcot, the Disney Boardwalk and the Beach & Yacht Club.

One thing to note for those going in for the Disney experience, The Swan and Dolphin are actually Starwood properties (think Westin, Sheraton, etc) so you aren't on the full Disney wristband system you get a the Disney run hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This hotel was just ok. I could see an advantage if you were doing Disney stuff as far as location--we were not. Pools were great. Food very expensive and you have to drive a bit to get anything, fortunately we had a car. Our room had a door to go through to next room-----very flimsy not effective at keeping even speaking tone voices out. Very nice when you walk in smells good , pretty, clean. Up the elevators though and down hallways very musty almost greasy smell. Rooms were overall clean enough. They do ask you to skip service daily to be "green". We had not put out the card, as we had not noticed it, and came back one day to find the card pointedly stuck on tv. I don't mind re-using towels, but Personally, for that money they can make a bed and replenish your water. Did valet parking, worth it. Room service quick. Bottom line if your doing Disney it may be worth the splurge if not I would suggest spending $ elsewhere for nicer updated rooms. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It wasn't the greatest but alright. The carpeting to get to our room was a little wornout, and the door had to be shoulder rammed like in the movies to open it. We got the package which turned out pretty expensive but you got to use the exercise room, internet and 2 bottles of water. We did the Valet parking which is $10 more than what they charge for parking. There is no good place to breaky the buffet is expensive and not really all that wowing. Maybe a place on the Boardwalk which has places to eat. The hotel was good till the last night we said we didn't need room service but wanted the other stuff like towels, coffee, cups, soap and other things. We didn't get anything even had the tip ready. Valet parking is fast it beats walking to your car in the rain, I say that because it rained every day.

Room Tip: Get room away from the Boardwalk in the mornings after 9am the constructions starts and whinning and...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!