“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #133 of 326 hotels in Orlando
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Excellent location and great service.Yes there are up charges for resort fee and parking however for a comparable on site hotel the price evens out. I would stay there again, not a lot of kids so for a couple it's a good choice,with a very convenient location

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

1,419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

we booked a night at the Dolphin property exclusively to get into Animal Kingdom 1 hour early. We arrived at the hotel lobby was okay, room was large and dated. When we go to Disney for the night we usually stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek which is amazing and I can usually get a room for under $100.00.
Back to the Dolphin.... This is the email I sent them with no response over 10 days ago.
We booked the Dolphin resort through AAA for the sole purpose of taking advantage of the xtra hour on Monday September 1, 2014 at Animal Kingdom. This was our first visit and we attempted to eat at the restaurant downstairs at BLUEZOO, we started at the bar with an order of oysters and 2 scotch's after 20 minutes (it wasn't busy) we were told that they didn't have anymore of the scotch we ordered. I appreciated that the went to look at the other restaurants, but think that they should have let me know and I could have ordered another brand. After 20 minutes of thinking that we were being ignored we were brought Oysters and the couple beside us said they were theirs. We left and started to drive to Cala Bella at Shingle Creek, when we arrived at the parking gate our card would not work. We rang the buzzer with no avail and it was around 9pm. We squeezed the car under the gate after 20 minutes and left. Coming back in we had to collect a ticket as the card was "not recognized".
We reported it to the Concierge and was told that we just need to hit the buzzer and they will let us out. On Monday we were at the gate at 7:45 am swiping the card and had the same issue, by the time someone arrived and let us out it was 8:20 and now missed the whole advantage of going to Animal Kingdom an hour early. We had quick queue passes for Magic Kingdom for 9:55 am and missed the opportunity to go to Animal Kingdom at all. This defeated the entire purpose of staying at a Walt Disney Property.
We are upset that we had to pay for parking, a service that defeated the allure of staying at your property.
We would like to have the parking fee returned. I called Monday morning to complain and was put on hold for over 15 minutes as the person told me that the parking was not a part of the hotel and she was going to transfer me to them.
This was not a magical experience.
Unrelated we took the monorail Monday from Magic Kingdom to Epcot and on the way back it broke down.
Frustrating day for transportation all around.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston,SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My family has enjoyed staying at various WDW hotel properties over the years. This summer, we spent an evening at the Dolphin and while it was a very good hotel experience, it lacked the magical feeling that staying on WDW property typically provides. For our purposes, it was fine as we were passing through Orlando en route South, but for a longer Disney based experience, I would recommend any of the many other on site properties to get the full Disney experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Where do I start??? The Dolphin Hotel is very old, and it shows from the elevators to the rooms. My room did not appear to have been cleaned very good. There was hair in several places, dirt on the mattress, and the sheets were stained on one of the beds. The pillows were very flimsy and caused my neck to be sore at night. One, and probably the only, positive was that they give you plenty of towels each day. I wouldn't be upset if I never stayed here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was stay on the hotel last two days and the hotel was great location also hotel restaurant only 5 min to walking on the hotel distance and the hotel staff was great and the hotel manager was helpful.

Room Tip: Great room and the hotel room was big and have amazing bed
Green Features: The hotel environment was great and the hotel location was amazing
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Everything was nice about this hotel!! If I'm to say anything negative it would be the room size! For such a massive hotel, room was quite small...but all other things made up for room size.. I would recommend this hotel any day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WDWSDExecutiveOffice, Manager at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for such kind words! With regard to the room size, we would like to share that we are embarking on a beautiful refresh and redesign of all of our guest rooms. This magical transformation is now underway. We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was absolutely lovely with a great bath suite. Staff who cleaned the room were very accommodating. I ordered room service and was served a hair with a sandwich around it. I did call about it and room service offered to serve me something else, but I had lost my appetite by then. The meal charge was removed from my bill. Prices of food in the Garden Grove were a bit high for mediocre fare. The variety of treats in the dessert display was very appealing and tasty too. I was on business and was served a decent breakfast sandwich in one of the conference rooms from a pre-set buffet. I would recommend leaving the hotel and taking a walk to Disney's Boardwalk along Crescent Lake. We ate at Kouzzina's for breakfast, but I understand it is scheduled to close late September, 2014. Fairly priced and quite good, although service was not as attentive as it could have been. The store on the boardwalk is a great alternative to eating in the hotel. I was able to purchase wine, cheese, fresh fruit and odds and ends to make my own meals. There are quick ready meals available also. I would come back to this hotel and seek dining outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to face the boat dock instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room during your visit. Please accept our apologies for the disappointments you encountered with your Food and Beverage experiences. We are happy to hear that our Cast Members were able to go the extra step and resolve the accident. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!