“Best Hotel to stay at when visiting Disneyworld” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #132 of 327 hotels in Orlando
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Best Hotel to stay at when visiting Disneyworld”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I are Disneyworld passholders. We moved to Florida from NY and visit Disney as often as we can. We starting coming when they opened their doors and have had well over 100 visits. We have stayed in everyone of Disney Hotels. When we want to stay in a luxury Hotel we pick the Dolphin!..The Swan & Dolpin are not officially Disney resorts but they offer all the perks that Disney Hotels offer. The location cannot be beat...their prices are usually real good...they do have a resort fee but it includes several things that other hotels do not (ask before you reserve)...All staff is attentive!~ What we apprecaite the most is that when we request a special room or location they try real hard to accommodate us.

Room Tip: Resort View rooms are the best!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

1,374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Was there in July for an event. Love the location...two concerns. I was awoken by someone trying to get in my room to check on me (apparently housekeeping says I wasn't responding to the phone that never rang). Thank goodness for that hook thing because even if they have a key, that latch will keep the door from opening. That was an odd misunderstanding. However the other issue was someone had to come remove a 'palmetto bug' form my room on two different nights. I have a timeshare in Orlando and have had one for about 12 years, I have never had an issue with those bugs (call them what you want) in any of the other various locations I have staying in Orlando. I will chalk it up to being a bug of the region, and they were troopers about removing it or changing rooms if I wanted to..however I worry about just having them in my room, around my things, etc. Besides those two issues, it was a good week at this resort. Just remember to lock your door and beware of big bugs!!!

Room Tip: The 24 hour food location is pretty good but a little pricey. Invest in the travel cup. It comes w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Pembroke Pines, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Dolphin Resort. This was our first time on Disney propery and we could not have been happier. When we arrived at 0945 we expected to check our baggage and go to the park and formally check in later. I called the hotel before we came and I was told they had lock up lockers for our baggage and that I should pre-register in the morning..Was I surprised and delighted when I was told our room was ready for us as they handed me our room keys!! I know this might not be able to happen every time but it was a wondeful surprise to be able to take our luggage to the room before going to the park!!

Room Tip: If you want to be closer to the pool/and or playground request the west tower
Green Features: We took the no room service option ...500 Starwood points per night or you might take a $5.00 food voucher instead. They have a Green Policy which is appreciated.
Hobe Sound, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the swan for the Labor Day weekend - got a great rate on hotel room but then they add on 21 resort fee and $26 valet parking fee so it adds up! The pools were nice and the kids camp at night was a great option! Ate at blue zoo - nice atmosphere but overpriced for what we got. Location of hotel is great - rooms are not fancy. I would only stay again if I was going to Epcot!

• Stayed August 2014
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The finance/human resources conference was the best. The rooms, restaurants, bars, banquet facilities and SERVICE was first class. The hotel as well as room were very clean and again, the service was very memorable.

Finance 2 ... H.R. 0, nada, nothing.

Room Tip: I lost a few pounds walking abck and forth between the two hotels, which was perfect.
Green Features: It is recommended to Opt for "Make-A-Green" choice program.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Southern US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've been to this hotel many, many times, almost always on the Swan side because they have queen beds instead of doubles. I am excited to see that they are renovating the rooms. The old rooms are still great, however. I really appreciate the empty refrigerator, which is a great place to keep drinks. I also like the extra sink outside of the bathroom. It's convenient for multiple people getting ready at once.

On this trip, there were things I hadn't experienced before. For the first time, I received a note acknowledging my status as a repeat guest. Also, there was new uplighting on the palm trees along the walkway between the Swan and Dolphin. It was just beautiful. They also had chilled towels and water by the elevators at the end of the day, which is great after a hot day in the parks. This is my favorite hotel in the world because of its location. I was pleasantly surprised that this last trip was the best so far.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Dolphin is not a Disney hotel it is a SHERATON one. I would have rated terrible or poor this hotel had it not been for the excellent service rendered by the hotel staff at check in. Not only they answered to our needs by changing us of room but they also upgraded our room when they realized nothing else was available in our tariff. Another positive thing is the pool area which is very wide and my children enjoyed a lot. Now coming back to the negative side: the rooms are very basic and outdated. Really you do not want to stay long in the room. The air conditioning could not be turned off and we froze during our sleep! There is not a breakfast service at the hotel: you have to go to another hotel (the Swan, a Westin hotel) to have breakfast at u$s 25 p/person. And there is a self service near the pool where you are automatically charged an extra 15% as tip even though there are no waiters only the person at the cashier. After two days we had the impression they were charging us to breath... Parking is not included. Internet is not included (and is not great). I think the Hotel is a possible choice because it is well located (Disney buses will take everywhere and Epcot is very near). And the rooms are very clean. Just try to get a good deal because the rooms are not great and eating at the hotel is very expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators or you will have to walk a lot...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!