“Disney Resort Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
6th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #130 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Brandon, Florida
“Disney Resort Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I live in Florida about 1 1/2 hrs drive from Disney but this time I decided to stay at a Disney resort so we could spend more time at the parks. I was very impressed with Walt Disney World Dolphin/Swan hotels, we stayed at the Dolphin hotel which is right across from Swan. Room was clean and the customer service staff were very polite and friendly. There were plenty of activities by the pools to keep the kids busy when we were not at the parks. The ride to the parks was also very convenient either you take a Ferry or bus.

Room Tip: A room with the patio overlooking the lagoon
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1,354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Dolphin for a conference, I regret that I did not look up reviews of this hotel prior to booking the room for the conference. The reviews that mentions the filth, dirt and bugs are so very, very true.

Warning: If you have worked hard to save up and bring your family to Disney - DO NOT say here. Please spend your money at any other hotel near the parks.

My room was clearly not clean and appeared to have been neglected for a long time. All surfaces had stains (of what I don't know), the desk, dresser, bathroom sink, counter, etc. were covered with either spills or other marks that I could not identify. Even the walls had debris on them, much of this dirt could have been washed away simply by cleaning the room but that apparently does not take place at this hotel. The floors were disgusting and filled with crumbs and dirt. I have pictures of the mess and will post them along with this review.

Each afternoon I would enter the room and it was clear that no service had taken place. Even the hallways were filled with room service trays that I had to walk around and between to get to my room. When I returned much later in the afternoon, the hallways still had trays and the room still was not cleaned.

I could not move to another hotel as many in the area were booked and I was there for a conference or I would have left the hotel.

Speaking with others at the conference, the same comments were brought up about the hotel being "dirty". If you see a lot of similar negative reviews for the month of August, I would not be surprised.

I am just so disturbed that this hotel charges outrageous prices (room rates plus the 3 or 4 "hidden" fees and taxes) which after you add them up results in a very high price for a room at a dated, filthy and antiquated hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a good time at this place. We stayed for three nights. The rooms are very well clean, comfortable beds and very good guest service Breakfast is very good and have a great variety. Another plus is the transportation to the parks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wallsend,England.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I stayed at the swan for a week with my wife and two adult daughters in mid august and we all really enjoyed the experience. As we booked in we mentioned it was our 30th wedding anniversary and the receptionist gave us complimentary drink vouchers which was nice it only took 5 minutes to book us in and when we got to our room we where quite happy with the size of it.
The room was quite spacious with a bathroom and annex with large mirror and basin, The bedroom had two large double beds and a 40" flat screen TV which had 50 channels most were rubbish but there was about 5 which showed some decent program's.
The hotel had a decent bar on the ground floor which had a piano player who along with a guy singing where very good. The restaurants where quite pricey so we would buy from the shops on the resort and take back to the room.
The hotel was in an ideal place quite central between Epcot and Hollywood Studios both of which you could get to by using the free water taxis which ran every 20 mins. We did use one of the swimming pools which I injured my leg as I climbed out using the fixed ladder however one of the steps span round as I stood on it and I fell banging my leg on a lower step which resulted in the lower part of my leg going black, I did report this to the concierge but she did not seem too bothered. But overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Disneyworld.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you don't care about disney themed rooms this hotel is a great price for a Disney stay. It's more of a conference center hotel but what's it matter if you are going to be gone all day at the parks? Pool is kind of a long walk but is awesome. Close to EVERYTHING within walk or bus distance. Busses run all day and the boat takes you where you need to go too. Its extra coin, but GET the park hopper passes. And if you indeed want to see it all, give yourself at least two weeks, otherwise you'll kill yourself and almost borders on abuse to your kids trying to do everything Disney has to offer in just five days. It's not fun for them and will make it miserable on you. Advice, save the money up, take the extra time off and take your time at Disney. You, your kids and your feet will thank you!

• Stayed August 2014
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a wonderful family holiday at this hotel. It has everything you could wish for, and its location is just about perfect.

We used all of the restaurants and they were all great, we mainly used the one at the swan hotel that has the disney characters visiting your table for photo's etc, it is a little more expensive, but the kids are kept well entertained and the food was excellent too.

We plan to return next April.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the firework display.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Grenada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed there during August, and hid my ipad in a dresser drawer with lots of stuff placed atop, to camouflage. Apparently someone tampered with my iP d by trying to remove the keyboard which damaged the keyboard and the iPad screen. When I returned to the hotel around 11:00pm at night, and saw such, I immediately advised the front desk. Security was called and advised that there investigation into the matter may take 4-5 days, while I was leaving in 2 days. Upon my return home from my vacation, their head of security contacted me and advised that their investigation was completed and they would pay me for my key board. He then inquired how much would I accept as compensation for my damaged iPad which was still functioning. Within 6 days of him contacting me, I received a letter from someone at Disney Swan, who advised me that today was her last day on the job and they won't be compensating me. Suddenly, no one was available by phone anymore. I wrote to the Hotel Manager who said they stand by the earlier letter but next time I plan to vacation their let him know and he will be sure to advise me on how to secure my stuff. Won't happen again buster...at least not at your hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
WDWSDExecutiveOffice, Manager at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We regret that this highly unusual incident occurred. The comfort and well-being of our guests is paramount. Our Executive Office and our Security Leadership have conducted a thorough investigation and there is no evidence of any wrong doing. We understand how discomforting this situation has been and it is regrettable that we were unable to come to an agreeable solution.

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!