I recently stayed in a grand suite at the Swan Hotel for a Disney trip with my family in August, and overall, it was a great stay.
-Great location near the Disney Boardwalk;
-Large suite, overlooking the water; and there were nightly fireworks;
-Character dining option - great if you have little children who want to meet Pluto or Goofy. It was a wonderful way to introduce our daughter to the magic of Disney on our first night there;
-Shuttle buses to the parks and downtown Disney are great because you don't need to rent a car;
-The room service options were varied and delicious;
-Nice pool area;
-The Swan was a quiet option to the Dolphin. It was never too crowded, and it was never noisy despite the fact that families were there. I never heard a neighbor and rarely saw others in the hallway. So it was a nice, relaxed atmosphere.
-Housekeeping was very hit or miss. They really just made the beds and cleared out the bathroom. They never cleaned the dining room and suite area even after I complained about it. In addition, it could literally take all day for your room to actually be cleaned. I don't know whether they were short staffed or what, but our suite always looked like the bare minimum had been done.
-The bathrooms are tiny ("barely can close the door without hitting the toilet" small). With the suite, we had two bathrooms, so that helped. But if bathrooms are important to you, this is not the hotel for you.
-The shuttle buses back from the parks were always overcrowded and standing room only. I think during busy times of the day, the buses need to run more frequently. Standing in another long line and then standing on a bus after a long day at an amusement park can definitely change your disposition;
-The rooms are dated.
Overall, I was really pleased with my stay at the Swan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is located in the center of Walt Disney World. Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios are just a boat ride or short walk away, with Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Park nearby. Our hotel has free area transportation. We offer a unique blend of Disney benefits and Starwood amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Walt Disney Hotel Orlando
- Swan Resort Disney
- Disney World Swan Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort