“Not a Disney hotel and way too overpriced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #134 of 328 hotels in Orlando
“Not a Disney hotel and way too overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I would never ever recommend this place to anyone. First off they should not advertise with the name Disney, it is VERY MISLEADING! They are neither owned nor operated by Disney. For the price I paid here including the pointless resort fee of $23 and the parking fee of $16 I could of actually stayed at a much nicer hotel. I got to the hotel right around 3 pm which is the check in time and was told my room with the king bed wouldn't be ready til much much later. I had to settle for a room with two full size beds which i hated. I was also supposed to receive a $100 food/ beverage credit which they denied. This hotel is so rundown with such an uninviting atmosphere it was almost depressing. All the room pictures they use are from their bigger suites and none from the actual room you get. The satelite tv box kept turning on and off every 5 or 6 minutes and called in about the issue and was told its due to the weather when it was perfectly clear outside with no rain, the fridge didnt even keep any of the drinks cold, the bathroom is so small you can barely close the door while standing, amd the free wifi was very slow. They even tried to charge me $80 for someone else's bar tab and thought I lied when I told them it wasn't mine. After looking through they said it was someone elses and didn't even apologize for wasting 20 minutes of my time. This place ruined my vacation. I will never ever stay at any Sheraton place ever again. So deceitful!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1,241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband booked a surprise trip to the Magic Kingdom for my daughter and for me booked the Dolphin Resort which is where I have always dreamed of staying. The hotel is very pretty, the grounds immaculate, the pools were fun, the proximity to the magic kingdom is awesome, and as always we are treated very well by all of the staff who are trained to give great customer service... All of that said, we were so horribly upset and disappointed with this hotel, there is a resort fee which isn't anything new but you must also pay for parking either $26 a day for valet or $16 a day to self park. Then came the rooms which were small and old, we are a family of 3 with our daughter being only 6 and we felt cramped in this room. We truly felt as if we were at a Disney value resort, which have come along way. The bathroom was very small and dingy. The beds were small doubles, for the price you think they would give you queens. Now I did give the place 3 stars because it truly is beautiful but its not worth the price. We paid a discounted room price of $129 so maybe we got a crappy room but I over heard a few other guests in the elevator complaining about their rooms and that they paid over $200 a night.. Now maybe I am being picky and had this place built up in my mind but if my very laid back husband isn't happy with it either then I know it isn't just me.

Coalville, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at the dolphin room 9121 12th July to 23rd July,very disappointed.Room was very shabby.Carpets worn out with mould and muck in the corners,bathroom had large amounts of badly applied silicone in the corners with muck and over painting on tiles.Fridge door was hanging off with wardrobe doors hanging on a thread and not fitting correctly.Room had had bad repairs to ceiling with bad paint work to wall with runs and flaking paint everywhere.Air con did not work correctly with the fan going all night and the room was warm.The safe in the room locked us out twice,the iron spat out rusty water,room service cleaning missed our room twice we were picking up shards of glass out the carpet from day one,on day 11 there was still shards of glass in the corridor.Overall a bad experience,i took a video on the last day showing all the faults,if you want to see it please contact me.How the sheraton group can get away with putting paying guests into such shabby rooms is beyond me,do they care?? I am sending a letter to Mickey,Disney world were dreams come true??? the Dolphin spoilt it for my family.

Room Tip: Dont go to the Swan and Dolphin
Green Features: Not refurbishing rooms,saving ££££££££££££s still charging $200 a night bosses making millions :(
Lockport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was my wife and I's first vacation at the Swan, and we both agree it won't be our last. Our family totalled 7 with four adults and three children, and the accomodations, activities, and services appealed to all age groups. Since our family was on a Disney vacation we only ate at three of the available restaurants, The Garden Grove, the Fountain, and the PICABU, and all were excellant. The character breakfast at the Garden Grove was a hit for both children and adults, and the Friday night Seafood buffet should not be missed. PICABU was our main restaurant for breakfast or lunch as the menu fit our needs, and the serving staff always made us feel welcomed. No matter where we ate we were always completely satisfied with service and food quality. Our King balcony room overlooked the Swan/Dolphin joining walkway/water taxi landing and the housekeeping staff's attention to details made our stay all that more pleasant. A special note of thanks has to be mentioned for a member of the Valet staff. A late night trip to a pharmacy was made simple by Ray, the valet attendant on duty, as he not only identified the closest pharmacy to the Swan, but also took the time to call up and print driving directions for me. He also took the time to walk me through the directions, and with his assistance the trip to and from the pharmacy went off without a hitch. Thanks, Ray. The water taxis to Epcot and Hollywood studios increased our enjoyment, and are only inclement weather disrupts their timely arrivals and departures. We also enjoyed the bridge walkway joining the Boardwalk resort to the Swan/Dolphin. Although we were guests for a week there are numerous activities and services we did not experience, so that just encourages us to want to return.

Room Tip: Our balcony room on the fifth floor faced the connecting walkway, and Disney park fireworks were par...
Green Features: I do not have specific comments to share for this visit. I cannot read about the environmentally friendly practices from this location.
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is beautiful. My son and I greatly enjoyed the color changing fountain outside. The staff were friendly. Well, except for that one server.... Everyone else was fantastic! Prices in the hotel restaurants were high, even for Disney standards. However, room-service prices were cheaper than any hotel I've ever stayed in. We enjoyed riding the water taxi to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. The bus to Magic Kingdom was a bit overcrowded but thankfully air conditioned and the drivers were pleasant. There are many things to do at the hotel: several pools (one with a gorgeous waterfall), volleyball on the hotel's beach, miniature golf, and you can rent swan paddle boats. The only reason I rated 4 out of 5 is because of the attitude of one server.

Stayed July 2014
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Have stayed here several times, but I think this was overall the best experience. Checked in, not only to find my room ready (noon) but Josh upgraded me as an SPG member. What a treat to have a balconey and be able to see the Hollywood Studios Frozen fireworks from the room on a drizzly night! Thank you, Josh! I noticed that the sheers (curtains) were ripped in a few places, and I happened to run into housekeeping the next day and mentioned it and she checked it out and that night I returned to new curtains hanging. I felt that this attention shows their dedication to the guest and their hotel. Kudos! And the other obvious is the great little beach, pool and location. Loved my stay.

Room Tip: Any room with view of fireworks is a good choice and worth any extra cost
Green Features: The hotel offers a $5.00 food voucher if you waive housekeeping.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Room Service Captain Andrew Diamond went beyond expectations to make Emily Segura's 21st birthday celebration a success! Assistant Pastry Chef Emily Ruby did an exceptional job making Emily Segura's 21st Birthday cake extra special and delicious with hand painted red roses! Assistant Pastry Chef Emily Ruby gave Emily Segura hand made chocolates made by Chef Laurent Branlard !

Room Tip: Choose any room but if you want the Presidential Suite book 6 months in advance for the best rates a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!