“Booking of a trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #134 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Vienna, Virginia
“Booking of a trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Agent was awful. We booked a room as a surprise BD gift for our 2 daughters who live in different parts of the country. Room prepaid under my cc and name. Agent said I need to be present. We live in NJ?

1,166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed frequently at the WDW Dolphin and have found the hotel to be an excellent value and great location. We love being able to walk or hop a boat to Disney Hollywood Studios, the Boardwalk or EPCOT and the location of the hotel is perfect. The kids love swimming in the pools and had a great time with the kid activities. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the onsite food and beverage options are very good. We'll be staying there when we come down in November.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Boardwalk and you'll have a great view, including the nightly EPC...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Ok so I was driving through orlando and my daughter saw a frozen poster.. and we have to stop... I figures we would stay at the dolphin since I never have before and it had great access to disney.. Drove up and was not greater b y anyone , I figured since I was self parking ; but still . Outside hotel is not impressive at all. Just a flat building with paint . Inside is really nice I thought and the chick in was fast and very friendly.

As you enter the room first thing you noticed was the view ... awesome . But the room itself was sub par.. Dated and visible seams tearing in the carpet . Bathroom had more rust ; than the tin man on monsoon season. the bed was uncomfortable and old. You could feel the springs and no foam encased edge support.
I'm torn in my review because for the price point you can definately get a really nice resort . Like hilton grand or Shingle Creek; but not that disney access or view. Which we loved !!! In closing i think maybe spend a little more and get a nicer disney hotel for us anyway. Especially after i left and noticed the bed was falling apart .. see pics abd good luck.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Pros: the resort does have quite a lot to do, the pool and playground areas are vey nice. They do offer 24 hour dining and 24 hour room service and you get extra magic hours at the park. The rooms themselves are clean (we did have to initially chAnge rooms because out 1st room was very musty and moldy smelling) and spacious and the toiletries are actually quality (small details impress me). The shuttle and water taxi are very covienient and you can request a room overlooking the parks for extra added fun, the private balconies are also great if u are a smoker or want to get a moment of sanity away from the kids.

Cons: be prepared to get a workout, this place is huge and if you do need to leave your room you will most likely have a long walk ahead of you. Also be prepared to go broke, I was super excited when we got an awesome rate and had enough points from previous bookings on hotels.com to get a free nights stay. But after all of the miscellaneous charges that were applied (as an amenities fee seperate from room fees) it was not such a great deal). Other than 4 bottled waters, a start bucks coffee in your room and a 1 0z bottle of shampoo, conditioner and lotion there is NOTHING complimentary. We spent a rediculous amount of money on food(and never mind having to walk a half mile to the closest restaurant). There are no vending machines and if you are thirsty and want a drink the only place you can get one is from a restaurant or room service. We went to picabu ( cheapest restaurant) and spent 70 dollars the first night on four sodas and a 12 inch cheese pizza that was worse than the worst Frozen pizza and several snacks. The next morning went back for breakfast (which was not complimentary) and split 2 breakfasts between 2 adults and 2 children (not really enough food to share but oh well) and spent another 50 dollars and the food was terrible. When we arrived back to our room from Magic Kingdom everyone was too tired and frazzled to make yet another trip to the restaurants so we ordered room service, which was and adult meal sandwich and kids meal cheeseburger and 2 12 oz soda's for 45 dollars plus an expected tip. They charge a 22% plus a 3 dollar in room service fee for room service.

My Advice: get a room as close to dining area and lobby as posible. Come prepared, stop at a grocery store and bring all of the food and drinks you will need for your stay. That way you can feel free and enjoy a meal at one of awesome restaurants here. Preplan your days to be sure and go to the park that offers extra magic hours on that day so that you can hit some attractions while crowds are the lowest. Buy the SPG kids dining pass so kids get meal free with purchase of adult meal(minus initial cost). Plan to spend majority of time at Epcot or MGM so that u can take the fast water taxi and avoid the 1/2 hour bus ride to the other parks.

And last but not least be rich and ready to burn money so that you can feel carefree. Much of my mistake was in thinking that because we got a good deal on the room (300 for two night stay) we would be able to enjoy hotel restaurants and ammenities and make our experience extra fun. But things like paying 4 dollars for a 12 oz can of coke or 16 oz water killed it for me. On top of 18 dollar daily parking fee even on checkout day when you have to leave by 11am. All this stuff adds up quick and while I expected to spend a lot anyway, I did not expect to be bled dry. I budgeted 2000 dollars for a 2 day stay including a one day pass to magic kingdom for 2 adults and 2 children and my coat when it was all said and done was closer to 3000. Mind you my initial booking cost was only $271.00. Park tickets were $475.00 with Florida resident discount. The rest went to food and 2 souvenirs (under 15.00 each at the park). We spent 50 on food at park. We could not afford any hotel activities (except free pool) due to food and hidden fees at the hotel. So yes I'm a little disenchanted and couldn't enjoy the beautiful room or any of the conveniences we love so much about staying on site. We are frequent disney goers and won't be staying at this resort again.

• Stayed July 2014
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was absolutely awesome! We had a group of 6 staying in 2 different adjoining rooms in the dolphin side of the hotel. In our room we had an awesome view, we had a view straight across of the swan hotel and we could also see Epcot and Hollywood Studios from our room.

The onsite food was delicious! Todd English's Blue Zoo was absolutely delicious, and I would definitely eat there again. The seafood there was to die for. We also enjoyed visiting the 24 hour buffet Picaboo downstairs, and found that they had a lot of fresh delicious things to choose from. We also enjoyed the bar downstairs as well.

They have several pools as well as a beach area for you to enjoy. One of the pools had a grotto in it with waterfalls, we highly enjoyed it!

The best thing of all about the hotel was the fact that you have complimentary transportation to all of the Disney parks!

I would love to stay here again, and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to come to Orlando.

Room Tip: Request a higher room on the side that faces the swan and you'll be able to see Epcot and Hollyw...
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for my daughters birthday and loved it. The location is very convenient to Epcot, Hollywood studios and the boardwalk. It is also a quick bus ride to the magic kingdom and downtown Disney. The pool area is great with lots of activities including a slide, waterfall, basketball courts, swings and slide play area, large sand pit. Swan paddle boats, organized activities and more. The room service food was great and the restaurants in the hotel were outstanding with lots of options from high end steakhouse to lower budget cafeteria style. I could go on and in about all the great amenities of this hotel but the best part of all is the culture of the employees. Everyone from the bellman to the housekeeping employees seams like they all had the same training or they recruited the same type of happy friendly people. They all great you with a smile and really seam to care about making sure everything is perfect for you. I had a delay in getting a cot brought up to my room and when I called down to find out why they could not have been more concerned or helpful, they were more upset than I was and resolved the matter right away. Great great experience for my family at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our recent trip to Disney was enhanced by our choice to stay at the Sheraton Dolphin. We had only one other on-site hotel experience at Disney World and this hotel experience far exceeded that by far. The attention of the staff to every detail was awesome. We were offered a comp room upgrade as first time Starwood guests by Vanessa. She was friendly, courteous and extremely efficient. When we returned from the park, she had the luggage sent to the room before we could even ring for the bellman! The ferry boat service to Epcot, Hollywood and Disney Boardwalk was a great way to start the Disney fun. We had a room with two balconies that provided nightly viewing of Epcot and Hollywood fireworks. We were so pleased with the room, we came home and planned the next stay right away. Because of Vanessa's comp upgrade, we even booked that kind of room for our next stay - more than willing to pay for the upgrade ourselves. The beds are comfy and the toiletries are above average. The coffeepot serves Starbucks coffee and the in-room fridge comps two bottles of Dasini water daily.I cannot imagine staying anywhere else on our future trips to the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Worth the price to upgrade for rooms with park firework viewing.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!