“Disney magic wrapped in Sheraton comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #134 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Sebastian, Florida
“Disney magic wrapped in Sheraton comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Our recent trip to Disney was enhanced by our choice to stay at the Sheraton Dolphin. We had only one other on-site hotel experience at Disney World and this hotel experience far exceeded that by far. The attention of the staff to every detail was awesome. We were offered a comp room upgrade as first time Starwood guests by Vanessa. She was friendly, courteous and extremely efficient. When we returned from the park, she had the luggage sent to the room before we could even ring for the bellman! The ferry boat service to Epcot, Hollywood and Disney Boardwalk was a great way to start the Disney fun. We had a room with two balconies that provided nightly viewing of Epcot and Hollywood fireworks. We were so pleased with the room, we came home and planned the next stay right away. Because of Vanessa's comp upgrade, we even booked that kind of room for our next stay - more than willing to pay for the upgrade ourselves. The beds are comfy and the toiletries are above average. The coffeepot serves Starbucks coffee and the in-room fridge comps two bottles of Dasini water daily.I cannot imagine staying anywhere else on our future trips to the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Worth the price to upgrade for rooms with park firework viewing.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1,160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is located near Diney's Boardwalk and has two boats that run to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Buses take you to Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney. Overall it's a great place to stay. The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. The pool is great, our kids couldn't stay off the water slide. We ate at The Fountain and Blue Zoo. Food and service was outstanding. We really liked the benefit of eating at one of the resort's restaurants and for each entrée we got two hours of free kids camp! It was a nice break for my wife and me and the kids had fun...and got dinner too. The staff here are very friendly. While it's a really big resort you don't get lost. We can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has views of the park fireworks.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We checked in at the Dolphin Hotel well after midnight so our first night of sleep was inerently insufficient. The second night I realized we were right next to the ice machine and I noted that guests dispensed ice at 1:00 am, 2:00 am, 4:00 am, 5:00 am and 6:00 am. Yikes. When I went to the front desk they immediately agreed to move us to another room and even offered help in making the switch. When I discovered that I inadvertently left my reading book in the original room, I called the front desk. They sent a security person to check on it and he delivered my lost book to our door within 20 minutes. We had a wonderful stay. The rooms are spaciaous. The beds are comfortable and the staff are warm, courteous and responsive at the highest levels.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the resort. Avoid rooms at the corners.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for a week in July to attend a dance competition. The hotel and property were very nice and the kids loved the grotto pool. The rooms were nothing special with no movie channels, old tv's and a cheap alarm clock. Food options were poor with most places way overpriced for mediocre food. I would have rated this much higher is the cost were much less, save money and upgrade your trip by renting a condo and car instead of staying here.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I ask currently at this location. While I only spent $165 a night I ask very disappointed with the food, so much so that I couldn't wait to write this review! The only thing worth eating for the price us the pizza arty picabu so far. I ate at the Italian restaurant one night with my son hoping for a quality meal. The shrimp appetizer was tasteless and the texture made my nauseous. The manicotti looked more like 2 burritos. And the side of sauteed spinach was again tasteless. There is no microwave in the room so I would suggest coldcuts and bread for sandwiches, cold cereal which you can buy milk for her, and snacks. I have spent close to $100 a day on meals that are offensive to my tastebuds.

• Stayed July 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed at the Swan before but this time I decided to try the Dolphin. The property has many plus points. Location-wise both hotels are amazing with the water taxi landing smack dab in the middle of the beautiful walkway and gardens connecting them. The Boardwalk is also just a few minutes away on foot. My husband loved the food and ambiance at Kimonos and it will always be one of my fave restaurants in the world! Kudos as well to the staff at the Dolphin for welcoming us so warmly and assisting us with logistics and dining reservations. Sadly, despite the tropical theme and brightly painted walls, the place is cheerless and tired-looking. I think a little sprucing up would do the hotel good. I was disappointed because for the price I paid I was given a clean but musty room with a rather tiny bathroom that was host to a small ecosystem in one corner. The closet door was coming off the hinges so we left it open for the rest of the trip. The double queens were very comfortable though and I will give sleep quality full stars but that was about it. I do understand that most guests are expected to and do spend most of their time out of their rooms but again, for the price I paid, I think the hotel could improve on a few areas for the comfort and benefit of guests. I believe the Swan has been refurbished before and I hope the Dolphin will follow in its footsteps (if it hasn't been already since this trip was made in January 2014). My last complaint which happens to be directly related to Disney World is the main website. Somehow, the system managed to royally mess up my name and even though I'd be the first person to tell you that it is one of the most convoluted in terms of pronunciation and spelling, believe me when I say they MESSED it up. In addition, the system somehow only allows a certain number of characters for certain fields which was very frustrating because when I was forced to shorten my address, I was then unable to submit the form because they said that field was invalid. It was a very tiresome process trying to book rooms and adding on park tickets. If you're planning to go off season, I'd recommend buying tickets at the park entrances or at the hotel (if possible) and NOT via the website. If not, I do hope your online booking experience will be better than mine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed there (dolphin)for three nights the week of July 4. I have previously stayed there may be two other times. I have also stayed at all the major Disney hotels from the grand Floridian, to the wilderness Lodge multiple times. People need to get over this not being a "Disney hotel." There is a long story to that but simply said this is a privately owned Disney hotel that was designed to service the Epcot Park. It is not on the monorail. If you want to be on the monorail and if you have small kids you may want to be on the monorail you need to stay at a different hotel. And let me be frank those wonderful rectal elections of those hotels that you have 25 years ago are as much a fantasy as the Magic Kingdom. My experience at those hotels of the last 20 years has been very mixed. I literally open the door to his hotel room at the contemporary one time to have the roof fall in as the door opened covered with water and mold. So this fantasy of everything and Disney been perfect is simply that.

First of all this is a mega hotel, it has thousands of rooms on both sides and typically maybe hosting multiple conventions simultaneously. If you're looking for something quiet out of the 1920s you need to stay at the Grand Floridian. If you're a loud family with a bunch of kids this place is perfect.

We stayed at the Dophin this time, And the checkout service was wonderful, I wish I could remember the gentleman's name but he gave us a great room with a great view over the water that had a balcony which we really enjoyed watching the fireworks each night from. The service that we got from this hotel exceeded my expectations, that being said having stayed at hundreds of mega-hotels over the years my expectations were pretty low. We come to Disney about once a year, so this is not the trip of a lifetime or anything of that nature and I'm not sure I would fully recommend this hotel if you were only planning to go to Disneyworld once.

However, with that being said it has an outstanding location that allows you to take a boat to various locations including Epcot or the Magic Kingdom, is right next to downtown Disney, I found the food at the hotel to be much better than expected, and definitely better than the junk you give the parks, and the kids really enjoy the game rooms and pool facilities.

We were there for a convention so I rewrite was $140 a night or so. I typically have to pay more than that for a box hotel off the interstate my business travel, and when we have stayed at an official Disney resort my breakfast tabs have usually been Significantly more than that with the room charges being a multiple of 3 to 4 times that amount of night. (The things we do for our children when their small.) if you have to pay $300 a night I certainly think they are better options in these hotels. However if you travel with the family and you can get a good rate you should not be scared of this hotel. The beds and rooms are very comfortable, showers had ample pressure and good hot water, and the staff was extremely helpful and considerate throughout our stay. Although I agree with some other reviewers the hotel is getting a little aged they have done in my opinion a good job of keeping the amenities that most travelers really need like a comfortable and modern bed and linens pillows etc. in great shape. Plus it easy to get these rooms cool and you'll have to deal with all that modern electricity saving AC junk that causes your room to be 79° when you wake up in the morning that they haven't many of the hotels in Orlando, like the Ritz-Carlton. ( I really hate that) So there are some advantages in staying in older property like being able to actually keep your room at a consistent 67° and not sweating through the night on 500 count sheets like you do many of the nicer hotels in Orlando.

The buses ran. consistently every 10 minutes and we only had to wait one time. Of course you have to pay 16 or $17 a day for self parking and more for valet. They do charge you $100 a day for incidentals but these charges were back on my card within five days of leaving the resort. If you do not want them to do this you need to simply tell them no.

In sum, I feel this is a very solid four-star property, with a great location, a well-trained and considerate staff that should be considered for families if you can obtain a good rate.

Room Tip: This is a mega hotel. ( over 1000 rooms) if you don't like walking the on you should request a r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!