“Nice Mega Disney Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #134 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Mobile, Alabama
“Nice Mega Disney Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed there (dolphin)for three nights the week of July 4. I have previously stayed there may be two other times. I have also stayed at all the major Disney hotels from the grand Floridian, to the wilderness Lodge multiple times. People need to get over this not being a "Disney hotel." There is a long story to that but simply said this is a privately owned Disney hotel that was designed to service the Epcot Park. It is not on the monorail. If you want to be on the monorail and if you have small kids you may want to be on the monorail you need to stay at a different hotel. And let me be frank those wonderful rectal elections of those hotels that you have 25 years ago are as much a fantasy as the Magic Kingdom. My experience at those hotels of the last 20 years has been very mixed. I literally open the door to his hotel room at the contemporary one time to have the roof fall in as the door opened covered with water and mold. So this fantasy of everything and Disney been perfect is simply that.

First of all this is a mega hotel, it has thousands of rooms on both sides and typically maybe hosting multiple conventions simultaneously. If you're looking for something quiet out of the 1920s you need to stay at the Grand Floridian. If you're a loud family with a bunch of kids this place is perfect.

We stayed at the Dophin this time, And the checkout service was wonderful, I wish I could remember the gentleman's name but he gave us a great room with a great view over the water that had a balcony which we really enjoyed watching the fireworks each night from. The service that we got from this hotel exceeded my expectations, that being said having stayed at hundreds of mega-hotels over the years my expectations were pretty low. We come to Disney about once a year, so this is not the trip of a lifetime or anything of that nature and I'm not sure I would fully recommend this hotel if you were only planning to go to Disneyworld once.

However, with that being said it has an outstanding location that allows you to take a boat to various locations including Epcot or the Magic Kingdom, is right next to downtown Disney, I found the food at the hotel to be much better than expected, and definitely better than the junk you give the parks, and the kids really enjoy the game rooms and pool facilities.

We were there for a convention so I rewrite was $140 a night or so. I typically have to pay more than that for a box hotel off the interstate my business travel, and when we have stayed at an official Disney resort my breakfast tabs have usually been Significantly more than that with the room charges being a multiple of 3 to 4 times that amount of night. (The things we do for our children when their small.) if you have to pay $300 a night I certainly think they are better options in these hotels. However if you travel with the family and you can get a good rate you should not be scared of this hotel. The beds and rooms are very comfortable, showers had ample pressure and good hot water, and the staff was extremely helpful and considerate throughout our stay. Although I agree with some other reviewers the hotel is getting a little aged they have done in my opinion a good job of keeping the amenities that most travelers really need like a comfortable and modern bed and linens pillows etc. in great shape. Plus it easy to get these rooms cool and you'll have to deal with all that modern electricity saving AC junk that causes your room to be 79° when you wake up in the morning that they haven't many of the hotels in Orlando, like the Ritz-Carlton. ( I really hate that) So there are some advantages in staying in older property like being able to actually keep your room at a consistent 67° and not sweating through the night on 500 count sheets like you do many of the nicer hotels in Orlando.

The buses ran. consistently every 10 minutes and we only had to wait one time. Of course you have to pay 16 or $17 a day for self parking and more for valet. They do charge you $100 a day for incidentals but these charges were back on my card within five days of leaving the resort. If you do not want them to do this you need to simply tell them no.

In sum, I feel this is a very solid four-star property, with a great location, a well-trained and considerate staff that should be considered for families if you can obtain a good rate.

Room Tip: This is a mega hotel. ( over 1000 rooms) if you don't like walking the on you should request a r...

1,154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Lihue, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here fora week, It is not a Disney owned hotel, so you don't get all of the Disney perks, but they do have Package delivery to the hotel, and transportation to the different Disney parks, as well as Early Entrance. We checked in early in the morning so we could go to the park on our first day. Our room wasn't available (we had booked a park view kind bed room), but the front desk staff was very courteous and offered us some rooms on the first floor that were available immediately. We wanted to get our day started, so we took the rooms. The location turned out to be very convenient. We were able to walk right out of the hotel on the first floor and walk over to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or catch the water taxi. I enjoyed being on the first floor.
They give you an option of going green which means that they would only remove trash, and give you water, then you get a $5.00 voucher/day for use on property or to get Starwood points. On the fourth day they are suppose to do a thorough cleaning. We opted to go the Green way, however our room was not cleaned on the 4th day, nor the 5th, they finally cleaned it after we asked them to...on the 6th day. They also didn't always empty out both trash cans, so we started putting it right in the front together so they wouldn't miss it. We ran out of kleenex on the 2nd day, and it wasn't refilled until the 6th day. We were down to less than half a roll of toilet paper on the 5th day and they added one roll on the 6th day. Our group had three rooms all together, and one of the rooms was never cleaned on our whole week long stay there. We also had two fire alarms go off when we were there. On the first day that the alarm went of, no one came around to tell us if it was safe to go in. We were waiting and after waiting about 20 mins after the alarm stopped, we decided to follow everyone else as they just went back in to the hotel. On the second alamr that happened, they did send someone around to let us know it was all clear.
There is a few places to eat in the hotel, we tried Picabu one night, which is their cafeteria style dining. It was just okay, we ate the mac and cheese one night, and it's like they emptied a whole bottle of salt on it. When we arked one of the workers about it, he said that's how it is. They do the Fountain, which serves really good ice cream options.
The good things about the hotel, is the Location! The Front Desk, Guest Services, and Valet were all great! Housekeeping was absolutely terrible. Often the room service trays were sitting in the hallways all day and all night. For being a more deluxe hotel option, housekeeping should be better than that.
TIPS: It is best to get to the bus trasport early because the bus is usually pretty full anytime after 8:30 am. We stayed at the Dolphin hotel, and the bus picks up the Boardwalk hotels, Swan hotel, then the Dolphin hotel last before heading out. We alaways walked or took the water taxi to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
The hotel does give you a bottle of water per person per day in your hotel rooms, which was nice.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the first floor so it was easy access to get in and out easily.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here over the 4th for 3 nights. Check-in was a breeze as I am a Starwood Member and they have a separate line. The room was very comfortable and I always love the heavenly beds. Plenty of drawer space, the A/C worked great, and the view was fantastic. Did get my exercise as the room was WAY at the end of a very long hallway. Bathrooms are a little small but manageable. The pool area is very large, able to accommodate many. The Cabana Pool Bar was great. The food served is very good and reasonably priced for Disney area hotels. Bartenders Tony, Jeremy and Steve were fantastic. My only complaint at the Dolphin was the price of a cup of coffee - $3.99. Had dinner at the Garden Grove Seafood Buffet (Swan). Lobster was great, as was the salmon and prime rib. Reasonably priced @ $34.00. Service was also very good.

Room Tip: Facing the Swan you have the best view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at this hotel from 6/21-6/25 for a Model Schools Conference. First of all when the group checked in the front desk personnel did not know what they were doing! We were told when we checked in that we needed to provide a credit card or debit card for incidentals and only $100 would be held. Several of my coworkers checked their bank accounts after we checked in and found that the hotel had charged them $1,000 or more!!!!!! Very poor customer service. The rooms were already paid for my the school district and they still CHARGED FOR THE ROOMS.
I used my credit card for incidentals. I was told only a hold would be placed on the card and I would receive a refund when I checked out. Well, after a few days of not receiving a credit for the $100 I called the hotel. The rep I spoke with told a lie and said the credit card company had to release the hold on the $100. It would take about 5-7 days. I waited and never got a credit. I called the hotel again on 7/15/14 and rep told me that the $100 was credited back to the school district since they paid for the room initially. What kind of poor business practice is this? Now I have to go through the trouble of getting my $100 back from the school district which will probably take weeks. I was very disappointed with the way this was handled. I will NEVER STAY AT THE DISNEY SWAN HOTEL AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My boyfriend surprised our family with a spontaneous 3 day trip to Disney. It was a first time for us all so I don't have anything other experiences to compare it too. After a horrendous, 15 hour car ride when a screaming toddler (we found out late she was getting sick) and a grumpy teenager, we were thankful to have made it at all. Parking was a little steep, at $16 to self park or $20 something to valet. My boyfriend chose to valet because it looked like a huge walk from the parking lot to the actual hotel.

Check in: It went relatively smoothly and quickly. The front girl, Courtney I think her name was, was amazing. She was extremely courteous and even gave us a room upgrade so we could see the fireworks.

Decor and Room: Not the Disney crazy I was expecting thankfully, but definitely showing age i.e. old furniture, weird smell in one hallway, and insanely tiny bathrooms. The room was smaller than I expected, but for the price as well as the location I can't complain too much. Plus the beds were SO comfortable, we all slept like insanely spoiled babies at night.

Transportation: The boats were a huge plus, and the convenience of the boardwalk was great. We ended up taking the bus to downtown Disney from Hollywood Studios one night, and it was a huge mistake. We would've saved about an hour if we would've just taken the boat back to the hotel and gotten our car. We waited 45 minutes for the bus to take us back to the hotel and it took another 45 minutes on top of that to actually get back. Not a pleasant experience with a sick toddler.

Food: Kind of hit or miss. We only ate at the hotel at night because during the day we'd eat at the parks. We ate room service the first night of our arrival because we were all so exhausted. Upon the reccommendation of the man on the phone, the kids had the chicken fingers and my husband and I shared pot stickers and sliders. Everything was so good! Then, the second night we tried at Il Mulino, but ended up leaving without being sat because of a bad experience in the bar area. We ended up at Blue Zoo and it totally turned our night around! Everything about this place was great from staff to decor to the food. Even though it was insanely packed they still were able to make room for us. Our last night we ate at Shula's. There used to be one in St. Louis but it closed a few years ago. This one wasn't what we were expecting, more expensive, and just not as warm and welcoming as the one we'd previously visited.

Pool: We only used to pool once, but it was really nice. My son loved the fact that he could hide out and relax under the water fall while I played with my daughter. My boyfriend watched the game at the pool bar during this time and said his drinks were really good as well.

Overall, it was a really nice trip. The location is great considering the price and everywhere (except Il Mulino) the staff is amazing. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the fireworks.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you can pull it off cost wise, stay here. Transportation is available to most all Disney attractions by bus or boat. Relatively clean place, rooms are average, beds are very good. Good service and you can opt to go green and not have your room cleaned every day (they give you a $5 coupon/day if you do this but they charge you $16/day to park your car....good luck finding a spce if there is an event going on at the convention hall at the Dolphin. Over all pretty good, over priced but convenient because of the free transportation daily,

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Swan if you stay I the Dolphin, and get a room high up if you want to see the...
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We traveled to Disney Dolphin from July 2-8 with a party of 10 (4 adults, 3 teens and 3 7-8 year olds). We got a package of 5 parks ( 4 regular ones and 1 water park). The hotel is nice with good (expensive) restaurants (Shula is a very good steakhouse, Bluezoo - seafood - didn't like at all, Mulinos - italian and Kimonos - japanese liked very much. Had breakfasts in Mediterranean buffet all the time - generally ok but, Disney, where is the CHEESE? Needless to say that ALL restaurants are very expensive. Pools on the property are big (dirty) and we went there only once because 1 of the adults got a metal splinter while in the pool. Transportation worked fine most of the time, check in and out fast, they charged us $100 for 3 pm checkout by the way, we were also lucky enough to experience dead battery in the door lock in out hotel room and it took them 45 minutes to fix it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!