“Very Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Save Saved
You added Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin to your Saves list
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #129 of 328 hotels in Orlando
New Haven, Connecticut
“Very Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you can pull it off cost wise, stay here. Transportation is available to most all Disney attractions by bus or boat. Relatively clean place, rooms are average, beds are very good. Good service and you can opt to go green and not have your room cleaned every day (they give you a $5 coupon/day if you do this but they charge you $16/day to park your car....good luck finding a spce if there is an event going on at the convention hall at the Dolphin. Over all pretty good, over priced but convenient because of the free transportation daily,

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Swan if you stay I the Dolphin, and get a room high up if you want to see the...

1,148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We traveled to Disney Dolphin from July 2-8 with a party of 10 (4 adults, 3 teens and 3 7-8 year olds). We got a package of 5 parks ( 4 regular ones and 1 water park). The hotel is nice with good (expensive) restaurants (Shula is a very good steakhouse, Bluezoo - seafood - didn't like at all, Mulinos - italian and Kimonos - japanese liked very much. Had breakfasts in Mediterranean buffet all the time - generally ok but, Disney, where is the CHEESE? Needless to say that ALL restaurants are very expensive. Pools on the property are big (dirty) and we went there only once because 1 of the adults got a metal splinter while in the pool. Transportation worked fine most of the time, check in and out fast, they charged us $100 for 3 pm checkout by the way, we were also lucky enough to experience dead battery in the door lock in out hotel room and it took them 45 minutes to fix it.

Miami, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I will start by saying this is NOT a Disney Hotel.... The only positive about this hotel is the location! We arrived on 07/01/2014. We were there because our girls were performing at the dance competition that was being held at this hotel.

The lobby was nice, nothing fancy but nice. Check-in went pretty smooth because I am a Starwood Preferred Costumer so I didn't have to stand in the long line(they did not apply my points yet so I have to call and ask why). You have a choice of valet parking for $24.00 a day or regular parking for $16.00 a day. I have NEVER paid any parking(unless it was valet) for any hotel in or around Disney World. They also charge you a service charge everyday apart from your daily room rate.

There are a few restaurants on the premises so we went downstairs to Peek-a-boo to grab something to eat. Food was horrible and extremely expensive on top of that they charge a service charge which is ridiculous. On a better note they have a Fountain shop that serves ice cream that's very good.

Our first night there we were all ready for bed, around 12ish we start hearing a loud ringing noise telling us to evacuate the rooms, apparently there was a fire. That went very smooth everyone evacuated in a timely manner and that was under control. We stood outside around 15-20 min but were never told when it was clear to go back in so everyone just started going back to their rooms. If you are wondering if the fire was real.....I didn't see it but YES it was.

Room was clean when we arrived. The beds were ok. The air was good. The following day we left the room early because the girls had to dance. When we went back to the room around 3pm. Beds were made and that was pretty much it. All the housekeeping does it change bed sheets and change towels. THAT IS IT!!! Nor my room or my sisters who was right next to me with connecting rooms was not cleaned. My tub was no cleaned the rest of my stay.... I tested it. The floor that is around the sink area was filthy it had not been cleaned for months. I had spilled some water and when I went to clean it up with a towel that towel was black. It was gross. The following day my sister which was in the room next to me was running late for competition and she forgot to leave a tip and her room was not cleaned nor did they even fix her beds. I on the other had left her money and my beds were made. On another day we were in the room a little later because they girls danced in the late afternoon, housekeeping knocked and I opened and I told her that I would call guest services and ask them to send the evening crew and she slammed the door in my face. We did not order any room service, but the rooms around us did, the trays were never picked up, they were in the hallway for hours.....and they were the same trays. It was just a mess.

One night something happened in the lobby area. They were escorting a female out in handcuffs and she was screaming and carrying on and there were children in the lobby. They could have taken her through the bottom floor.

By the time I had to check out, I was so tired and I was just dying to get home. I figured I would just write the review. I feel this hotel is not worth the money you pay. My rate was a special rate due to the competition, but I still feel it was not worth the money. Hopefully they can get it together and get on the right track.

Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed during the 4th of July. Had great views of the fireworks at Disney, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios from over at The Boardwalk. Check in was seemless and had a friendly experience. Our room was a little on the musty side with a slight smell but not as bad as it has been in the past (we have changed rooms on our previous visit). These hotels are older and I believe renovations are in the works. The beds were super comfortable, lots of activities at the pool for the kids, and the gym had plenty of equipment for my workouts. Great help from Christian and Nick at the pool when they retrieved my sons toys on top of the waterfall (I won't say how they got up there), those guys saved the day for my son (and our family). We will be back again at the end of Sept for the Food and Wine Fest.

Room Tip: A variety of views to choose from when booking your room, be specific if you want a resort view or t...
Green Features: There are some newspaper and plastic recepticles throughout the hotel in the lobby, the gym and in the conference hall corridors.
Manalapan, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is just satisfactory. The location is great, but the decor of the rooms is very tired. The service is not the best, and the hotel just seems run down. It is a nice option, however, if you want to walk to Epcot at night, as it is only a short walk away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Paramus, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

You may think it is part of Disney but these two hotels (X2 - Dolphin and Swan) are actually independent.
Good location, right in the heart of everything and great pools with man made beach, etc. The hotel itself is a bit tired looking, both in terms of the design, as well as the rooms, etc. Not bad, just not exciting (isn't that what you expect at Disney, when you pay $250 per night and that's at a group rate...?!?).
Ended up with two rooms - one at the Swan and one at the Dolphin - tried to move one over, so we don't have a 10 minute walk between ou rooms - was told i need to pay extra, though all we asked for is the same type room (standard) and they had the rooms... - felt cheated... - why try to get me on a technicality and charge me an extra $60 per night, just to change rooms upon checking in...?!?
That's not Disney's way of doing business... wonder if it would have been any different if we stayed at one of their resorts...

Room Tip: Try a Disney owned hotel, if you're in Disney... Perhaps you'll get better service...
Lithia, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Came for a convention and was really excited to stay here for the first time. I am a Disney fanatic so I enjoy staying at a variety of locations here. I was slightly disappointed. But let me sandwich the negative with the positive. Loved the name tags - great conversation starters as the stated what the employees "passion" was - loved the conversations I had with a variety of folks with this. Loved the Market restaurant. Found the restaurant provided a wonderful breakfast experience and the turkey hash was worth going back for. Ate breakfast there for 3 mornings as my experience at their buffeteria (cool word) was not so nice. For essentially the same price (at the buffeteria - $17 for oatmeal, fresh fruit and drink) at the Market restaurant, I got freshly prepared food to my liking and service with a smile! Loved the Cabana Restaurant outside poolside. The drinks were refreshing and they had World Cup Soccer rocking the place. Service was great.

Now - the not so nice. The hallways were dirty. Seriously. I walked past a shiny blue candy wrapper with melted chocolate all 4 days I was there. I was going to clean it up myself, but I couldn't believe so many employees walked past it without noticing it. I would guess the hallway floors hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Also, one day, no one freshened up my room. The following day I did ask the concierge about it, and he suggested I may have had my "do not disturb" sign up. Went and looked in room, didn't even have that sign. Room was cleaned within the hour though. And did I mention that dirty hallways? Really gross to be honest. I kept shoes on the whole stay.

Back to the good part now. Location, the Market, the beverages from the Cabana, and the beautiful fountains surrounding the property. All the pools were well kept - and it is within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

So - not a bad place. I won't stay here again, though I may come back to the Market restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: Lots of conventions are held here, so ask for a room away from the convention hallways.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin? Share your experiences!