Chronological play by play. (Starts out bad then gets better.)
CON- Arrive to dolphin on Sunday Dec 1 around 1pm. No one helped us with luggage into hotel. Many Bell staff standing at front door chatting with each other.
CON- Check-in at front desk. Staff clearly poorly trained. It is evident that Starwood manages the property and doesn't own it, in that the staff exhibit poor customer service and lack knowledge of their product/service. Furthermore, they are not very knowledgable on how customers can use SPG points for room upgrades and other benefits. (Finally figure it out.) the checkin computer system must be awful because I can see the "lost look" in the staffs faces when navigating one screen to the next.
PRO- Head to Epcot via foot. Amazingly close. Location to Epcot is fantastic.
PRO- Water taxi back from Epcot easy breezy.
PRO- Food at Mediterranean cafe good with some great healthy options.
PRO- Water taxi to and from Hollywood studios easy breezy.
PRO- Buses to and from animal kingdom easy breezy.
PRO- pool great grounds well kept.
CON- same theme. Nice people but I can tell they are poorly lead and trained. They are not knowledgable of times of operation and product/service offered by SPG.
PRO- Picabu buffeteria, great idea. value and convenience.
PRO- Il Mulino restaurant take out excellent.
PRO- Proximity to boardwalk is fantastic. It's a nice walk.
I hope some one other than general Managment of dolphin at Starwood reads this. The truth hurts and I only mention this because I want this place to be better than it is.
Frankly, this is why I stay Marriott for business travel. My expectations are high for service and customer experience.
I may give this place one more shot in the future but that's it.
- Also Known As:
- Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Hotel Orlando
- Disney World
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Walt Disney World Swan
- Walt Disney Hotel Orlando
- Swan Resort Disney
- Disney World Swan Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walt Disney World Dolphin resort is located in Walt Disney World by Epcot and Disney-MGM Studios, with Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Park nearby. Our hotel has free area transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Olotels, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelsClick, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.