“Didn't Stay Here....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #181 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Didn't Stay Here....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I prepaid in full for a weekend reservation. Due to a death in the family, we needed to cancel the day before our arrival. The hotel refunded our payment in full, no questions asked. Thanks Marriott! This is why I always choose you.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LauraRadler, Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista. I am very sorry to hear you did not have the opportunity to stay with us. Thank you again for your comments. They are truly appreciated.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

you just cant complain about anything with this hotel. very clean, has all the amenities you could need, spa, gym etc.
perfectly situated with enough to entertain within walking distance. and the parks are only a shuttle ride away!
breakfast was always good, infact it was like going back to your favorite diner/cafe staff are so friendly you feel at home. no matter how rushed they are they are always very polite and chatty. can not fault the breakfast experience as a whole.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay! I am so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable . I can assure you we are constantly updating the facilities to ensure complete guest satisfaction.Your positive feedback regarding your stay is important to us! We look forward to welcoming you back soon
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Unfortunately my wife and I decided to stay here during our honeymoon. Here's the good and the bad.

The bad - When we checked in, the lobby and the front of the hotel looked very nice. However, once we arrived to our rooms things changed. First, we were placed at the very end of the hotel where (just our luck) they were doing renovations. The entire area wreaked of paint and chemicals. The outside lights were covered in plastic and ladders and buckets were hanging on the bushes and in parts of the hallways. The pool looked filthy, and our room also smelled of mold. My wife was upset but I told her that we were only going to be there a few hours each day because most of the time we would be at Disney, but regardless i felt very embarrassed. The room was a large (king suite) with a separate mini kitchen and living room. The layout was a bit odd as the TV in the bedroom was practically invisible because its hidden away in an awkward corner. The bathroom is directly in front of the bed. I also disliked the fact that the reception for both tv's were horrible. The closet is tiny and the safe is on the floor , so you need to crawl under the closet to store your things.

The good - The breakfast buffet is excellent. each day we ate there we were very satisfied by the food and the service. The staff is very friendly. The Disney shuttles are very convenient and save you the hassle of parking at Disney and paying $15 to park. The room was clean and adequate but not very comfortable.

I paid $270 for two nights and I feel it was not worth it. The back part of the hotel resembles my old dorms in college or a motel 6, at best. The smell of paint and chemicals,the tools and buckets laying around the garden are completely unacceptable. A major hazard especially for kids. Also, an occasional pool cleaning wouldn't hurt.

This is the first time Ive been to a courtyard by Marriott and I expected much more. There are lots of options around lake buena vista, next time I might go with Hampton inn or Hyatt, which have never let me down.

The only reason it gets an average rating is for the breakfast and friendly staff. otherwise, poor.

Room Tip: If you must stay here do not stay in the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LauraRadler, Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy the hotel based on your review. I can assure you, the hotel is constantly updating the facilities to ensure complete guest satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comments with our team so we may address the issues you cited. Thank you again for your comments. They are truly appreciated.
Mjøndalen, Buskerud, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is truly a great hotel! We stayed here for 8 nights early in october 2013. Located in a nice and quiet neighbourhood, it is a pearl in the Orland area. Rooms are so clean you can probably perform surgery there, extremely friendly and helpful staff and a breakfast out of this world (compared to earlier experiences). 15-20 minutes drive to most Disney parks, it is centrally located, too. I recommend this highly, without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LauraRadler, Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay! I am so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Is a very nice hotel, Staff is outstanding, excellent customer service, will come back. Very clean hotel the lobby looks good the outside looks a little tired but is really a great place to stay. the pools are vey nice and clean.

Room Tip: Inside rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay! I am so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable . I can assure you we are constantly updating the facilities to ensure complete guest satisfaction and I will be sure to look into your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Wurzburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We moved over from Hampton Inn, Florida Mall and thought that the Courtyard would be better than the Hampton Inn. But it was not. The rooms looked a little bit overpainted. The floors were not very attractive. The pool was nice and the wirlpool well tempered. The staff was friendly. We stayed one night. The breakfast was as usual in US hotels. May be, we had an older room. WIFI was ok. The price was fair.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here and found the location excellent. The price we were able to find on the Marriott website was great! The room was neat and clean. We did not eat the breakfast because I thought $15 per person for a breadfast buffet was unreasonable. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre? Share your experiences!