“Great Value! Friendly Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort

You added Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   8100 Lake Avenue, Orlando, FL 32836 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points
Ranked #148 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Value! Friendly Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great location to Disney and Universal. Every single staff member we dealt with was friendly and very professional. Ed at the omelet station not only cooks a great omelet or eggs cooked to order, but he is very entertaining while doing so. The whole Valet staff went above and beyond including good recommendations for "local" restaurants. The facility was very clean. It is my understanding that they are about to start a big renovation which will only make this gem all the more inviting. I will stay here again and would highly recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Soneya S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Good evening Kevin B,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback for our property. As we continue to improve our property we are delighted to hear about your wonderful stay with us. Please come back and see our property in the fall once our renovations are complete.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Juno Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

When we pulled up to the property there was two driveways.. We pulled into the 1st driveway adjacent to the valet parking. I got out of the car to check in - the valet guy told me to move my car since that was the bus lane. I walk to my car and asked my husband to move - since there is no registration parking only valet or the the bus lane we moved the car to valet parking spot till we found the best place to park. I went in to check in and I was greeted by a friendly young women her name was Christina .. She was very friendly - smiley - and gave me all the details. Showed me where to park and explained the map, breakfast, managers reception... the important stuff.. We go to our room and it was away from the elevator just as I requested and in the corner... a great room for my family and I the only complaint about the room would be the beds. They were to me very uncomfortable. very hard and not what I expected. as well the sofa pullout mattress was stained and dirty. Chris was a very nice gentleman that I spoke to a few times.He was very attentive and sounded happy to send up the amenities I needed. Towels, shampoo etc.. thank you Chris and Christina.
Breakfast was awesome! the cheese omelettes where good, and the hot breakfast they had sausage , bacon , scrambled eggs, potatoes,hot oatmeal.. Fruit- cantaloupe, melon, yogurt. cereal. toast and bagels, muffins, danish. drinks- Juices, apple, orange, cranberry, coffee, reg and decaf chocolate milk..
whole and 2% milk.
The parking on the 2nd night was annoying. We came home at 1 am from Magic Kingdom and there was no parking in the assigned parking lot. ( This was the parking lot to the left of the hotel-closest to the highway. ) I walked up to the valet and he told me if there is no parking I could valet instead. which I said no I already paid for self parking so I should be able to self park.. He then offered the 2nd parking area that was reserved for "contractors." he said go ahead and park there. which we did for the remaining 2 nights. (The first night on Friday we found parking in the regular assigned parking lot with no problem.) Why try to up sell me on valet when you can just show me a alternative parking location is since the hotel didn't supply ample parking for their guest. People were double parked and this was a accident waiting to happen. It would be better for the hotel to open the second lot for their paying guest.
So on the 3rd day we decided to try the complimentary shuttle to see how that would be vs. driving. Well the morning pickup was fine. Got to Epcot no problem.. the afternoon pickup was at 4:20 pm. We got to the bus pick up at 4:21 at lane 36 .. and we saw 4 people waiting there. i asked if they seen the shuttle yet. they have been waiting there since 4:10 and no shuttle. I called the hotel asked the front desk if the shuttle was coming. The lady checked and came back to line mentioned the shuttle was already at the at the pickup at 4:20 pm and left at
4:21 pm.. this of course was a lie since the first 4 people where sitting there and out family walked up at 4:21 pm. the hotel claimed there GPS was correct and that we would have to wait till 6:20 pm. for the next shuttle. well by this time there was about 15 people total at the pickup lane... They ended up sending 2 cabs to get us around 5 :15 pm.. If it wasn't raining and I would've just buckle down till 6:20 pm but its the principle.. all 15 of us got back to the hotel at 5:30 pm..the details above are for anyone taking the shuttle to be there 15 or even 20 min prior so you wont have issues with their shuttle service they provide.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 525 corner room. The room was in the back of the hallway facing out to the parking...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Coralville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

From check in to check out...everything (staff, facility, quietness, dining, location) was top notch. Randomly selected this facility off the internet prior to our trip. Was pleasantly surprised at ease of access from Orlando airport and access to Disney parks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pembroke Pines, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Loved it till my recent stay when my Cartier Watch went missing from the safe in my room. I have sent emails to the General Manager David Ditto without any response. If you stay at this hotel beware I the thieves that are lurking around your room!!! Very disappointed!

• Stayed May 2014
Hector R, General Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Good Morning Tootsee3,

We are sincereley apologetic that you encountered such a disappointing experience at our hotel. I wish to convey to you that this taken with the utmost importance. We do have a very effective lost and found system that rarely, if ever, fails the guest. We are looking into this matter deeply and we will contact you should we locate said item. This case will not be taken lightly.

Anthony White
South Florida, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

after talking to several guest,this embassy has not changed,needs upgrade,still $12.00 parking,manager happy hour no manager!I guess too many ?? also review 5 months ago no information from manager or on any reviews? last several months?still like the embassy suites south lbv, kissimiie sorry about spelling

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hector R, Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear diedricka,

Thank you for your review of our property. Our apologies for falling short on your expectations. We hope that after we've completed our renovation and redevelopment and emerge as a resort we can meet your needs and expectations. Rest assured we are addressing many of the concerns our guests have and strive to be the best amongst the Embassy brand.

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The perk for us choosing this hotel was that they offered free drinks from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. My husband read that and the weekend was booked. Upon arriving, they were having a rough time as the machine that makes room keys was not working. This affected the parking and checking in difficult. The employees were great in trying to accommodate everyone coming in. We were let into our room and as soon as the room keys were available, an employee brought them up to our room for us. We were looking forward to chilling by the pool but all the lounge chairs and tables were taken. At first I thought they should have more seating by the pool but then I realized it was not there fault other guests were camping out there holding more seats than they needed. So we just sat and drank. Breakfast was awesome as well. Very impressive. This hotel has it going on. We visited the pool the next morning and observed someone taking 2 lounge chairs and a table with 4 chairs in which there were only 2 people in the party..... not the hotels fault just not cool. Over all we definitely will be back but I will bring back up chairs. Great hotel and Great Price!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris B, Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Good Evening Anakinboots,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite running into a couple of minor challenges. I do apologize for the inconvenience with our key machine being down upon your arrival. I know this can be a hinderance, but am glad to hear the staff was able to help out. Every now and again these issues arise and I am happy that it did not deter you from enjoying all our hotel has to offer. We hope you choose us for your future lodging needs.
Brookfield, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am a regular visitor to this particular Embassy Suites, family has stayed here several times over the years. Recent visit with just myself and my toddler (mom and 2 year old), found bugs in suite after second night. Moved to downgraded room.. never offered anything, never checked on. Young Ladies at front desk not very friendly. Seem not to like their jobs.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort? Share your experiences!