Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort is Disney’s version of a value resort. If you stay at the Disney All-Star Sports or any other the Disney value property you will still have a few of the amenities many of the other Disney properties have such as the top notch Disney customer service, transportation and Extra Magic Hours at the theme parks. These amenities alone are enough for many travelers to stay at the All-Star Sports. The down side however is, you give up some amenities as well such as a fitness area, a pool with a water slide and hot tub, top notch restaurants and a few others. For some travelers this is okay. Many people are fine wit the several large pools located throughout the Value Resorts property, and many families with small children will never use the fitness area anyways.
The room itself while small was no different than a normal hotel room. Every day the room was made and the housekeeping staff would make cute towel animals and leave them on our beds to great us after our long days at the theme parks or around the Disney property. The service from all Disney employees is always second to none and even the All- Star Sports is no exception. Any time you ever needed to speak with someone they were more than willing to assist you, as long as you had the patience to wait in the sometimes lengthy lines at the front desk or at the customer service desk.
The food court was like any you would find in your local mall. While most other Disney properties have nice and elegant restaurants, The All-Star resorts only offer you a simple food court with food that is somewhat affordable. Be forewarned however, in the evenings after the parks close, the lines at both the ordering windows and to check out can be rather long.
In the mornings (around 6 or 7am) it tended to be rather noisy as this is when many families get up to eat breakfast and head to the parks. While we did have an incident with a very noisy neighbor one evening, this was not Disney’s fault and I am not going to be THAT Trip Advisor critic who blames Disney for this incident.
In conclusion, While Disney’s All-Star Sports and the other Disney “Value” properties seem like a great deal, for a few dollars less a night one can find a deal at one of the hotels located on Hotel Blvd. While you will not have amenities such as Extra Magic Hours or can say you are staying on Disney property, you are still close enough (walking distance) to Downtown Disney where you can utilize their transportation while staying at a resort with top notch pools, inside rooms, restaurants instead of a food court, Free WiFi, Business Center and many other amenities you give up staying at the All-Star Sports. But like I said, even though those plush hotels on Hotel Blvd. are on Disney property, it still isn’t Disney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort