“Check in long, rooms ok, good amenities” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

You added Disney's All-Star Sports Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1701 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #138 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Bradenton, FL
“Check in long, rooms ok, good amenities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2005

This was the second time we'd stayed at the this hotel. For the price, there really isn't a lot of room to complain. Plus when you throw in the transportation that would normally cost you $8 to park at any Disney Park, it's a great deal. We waited to check-in at least 20 minutes...wasn't overly happy about that with 3 kids waiting. The room, it wasn't cleaned the best. There were smashed skittles, candy hearts, bobby pins and the cover of a razor. With one of the kids being 2, these things were bound to be found and picked up to be explored! The amenties of the hotel itself are nice. Good sized arcarde, quite a few food choices, transportation and very nice pool area. Chalk it up to that you don't spend much time in the room at Disney....just remember, it's just a room and as long as you're only sleeping in it, it works great at a great price!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Emporia, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

The check in is the worst part! We were meeting other family members and when we got to the checkin desk, Evelyn waited on us or should I say tried to intimidate us! She was a real "non" customer service person. She gave me a hard time because I was not prompt in giving the name of the correct person on the reservation. I tried to give her my print out of that info and she wouldn't look at it. When we finally figured out that it was my husband (the family member that made the reservation was snowed in and not there yet), she refused to deal with me. Then for our son, an adult she made him go to someone else as she couldn't check him in at the same time. The next day our other members of our group arrived and had to wait in at least a 45 min long line. They were lucky enough to have the supervisor wait on them and she checked them ALL in at once! Some other people there were very nice but watch out for Evelyn. The restaurant was very expensive for the quality of food. Better to bring your own if you are traveling by car, we were not and were at they're mercy. One banana was $1.00 as was a pop tart. You can buy a reusable drink cup for $12.00 and get all of the refills that you want for your entire stay. The rooms were o.k. Not real clean but better than a motel 6. The bathrooms are very small and the handycap door is very large and it is hard to get in and out of the bathroom because of it. All in all I would recomend staying staying at another place if going to disney world.

• Stayed January 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2004

I have no complaints. If People have problems with other guests, with children....maybe you need to reconsider going to Disney at all and spend the extra money so you can do the grown-up Disney vacation. I know Disney is for adults too, but give families a little grace. If you go there be prepared for CHILDREN. Now, that I have that out of the way. To make your expereince enjoyable at the All Star resort. Look at it through your children's eyes. We stayed in the area with the 101 Dalmations It was like being in a big cartoon. so, for kids and the kid at heart it was great!
There is a laundry facility near the "Ice rink" pool. We took the kids swimming, and every 30 minutes or so I quick popped into the laundry room and went home with clean clothes. Other Mothers did this as well, so you don't feel odd doing your laundry in your swim suit.
I definately recommend the souviner mug. We would take our coffee in the a.m. on the bus, and then had a cup to fill with water throughout the day at a drinking fountain. This way we were saving a little bit on drinks at the park. The girls at the time had sippy cups, and the hotel was fine with filling the cups with applke juice or water whenever we wished also. It was great too, because when we got back to the hotel after a long day at the park it was nice to get a coke before we went to our rooms.
The pool bar was nice too. We only had the opportunity to enjoy it once because we were too pooed to stay up. We stay at the park from opening to close. I know many people do not, but, we want to soak it all in....it's not like we'll be going back soon We're on a budget.
We left some things behind in the hotel, and it was overnighted to us...quick and sweet.
It's your basic hotel room two queen beds, a sink, fridge,tv,microwave and enclosed bathroom with a tub and shower...with cartoon theme.
If you are like my family and only go to Disney to enjoy the parks and are not in your room alot It is an AWESOME deal...it's like staying in a Holiday Inn. If you want a resort experience, then you will have to pay more nad stay at one of Disneys other expensive resorts. If you want resturants vs. cafeteria, large rooms vs. small rooms with Mickey mose all over them. I say spend your money on 1 really good meal/park...ok I know that is a strtch at Magic kingdom and an extra beer or two in Germany @ Epcot! (Notice all the stressed out dads in the line...it's hilarious! and if you went as a kid, you now know why you had to eat in Germany and not Italy or Mexico. Pops needed a beer) Who cares honestly where you sleep. All hotels have noise, we didn't notice that it was any different than any other average hotel.
Happy Vacation
P.S.
We didn't make our children eat in Germany we ate in Mexico, like we always wanted too as children!!! Money well spent.

Hartsdale, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2004

Stayed here for 2 nites with some friends. We had just come from the Disney Old Key West resort but needed a few extra days.

As far as motels go, I need two things - working TV, and cleanliness. TV was okay... but the room was a mess. It didn't appear that the maid had cleaned the room or changed the sheets at all.

When we arrived on Tuesday nite (11/16) we were given a room in the Basketball Section, on the 3rd floor. I can't remember the room number. At any rate, when we turned down our beds we found crusted on food material on one of the inner sheets, and breadcrumbs, sesame seeds and a stray hair (GROSS) on the other bed. We called the front desk to have the maid change the sheets. Two showed up within a few minutes, but they were less than nice. Very grumpy. We asked if we could have extra towels since only 2 were hanging inside and she shot us a look and told us to check the back of the door or something. We ended up keeping the extra towels she brought as we now didn't trust that these towels were clean. There was candy/tic tacs all over the floor and more crumbs... and there was blackish brown shmutz in the sink. We were totally skeeved out. I'd never stay here again despite it being a bargain.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2004

First off, this was a wonderful hotel. I have no complaints about it at all. There were some obnoxious neighbors towards the end of my stay, however, that does not reflect the quality of the staff and the upkeep of the property itself.

I was on a finite budget and this was the property that was the appropriate choice.

The hotel is inexpensive and is definitely ideal for families. It is a fun atmosphere where one can laugh and play, have a great time and of course relax.

This property had a wonderfully huge pool, a game room that had air hockey (and who doesn't love air hockey). The food court was wonderfully CHEAP!! That is of course comparing the food cost to other places.

I recommend when getting there to purchase the 11.99 mug that gives you unlimited fountain drink refills at the hotel for your entire stay. Then you can share it with your family... :)

Right in front of the hotel is the complimentary bus service to all the parks. It is the easiest way to get around, and I don't recommend a car at Disney, unless you are with a family. Then it will probably be cheaper with a family to rent a car than to take the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. The shuttle service I used was Mears Shuttle, and it cost $17.00 per person each way.

Hope this helps!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2004

I went to Disney World for my senior class trip and I was expecting a less-than-nice room. However, the All-Star Resort was amazing! I had the best time and it was a really convenient location to get to all the parks. And, it wasn't too expensive even for a high school senior! I will definitely be going back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

Just returned from Disney and All Star Sports Resort in November, 2004. We paid less than $65.00 per night for 4 people. You can't beat it for staying on Disney! The rooms were clean (like an Econo Lodge or Motel 6 size), Food Court great with reasonable prices, terrific video arcade room, two spacious pools with watchful lifeguards, and delicious margaritas for adults!! Of course there are kids!! It is Disney, folks!

The Disney transportation is wonderful. For a budget minded family, or wealthy cheapskates, it is a great place to stay!!

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!