“Great stay for a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

You added Disney's All-Star Sports Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1701 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #132 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto
“Great stay for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Close to disney world, quick shuttle buses, sports themed Disney characters, helpful staff in the food court. My little brother had lots of fun there! Stayed in a room in centre court, would recommend if you prefer a quiet area in the evening without noisy children because the rooms are definitely not sound proof. If you prefer close to the shuttle buses, swimming pool, food court and too lazy to walk/don't mind about the noise, then surf's up would be the best choice for rooms. Great stay & would recommend.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I went to Disney for 2 weeks the first week I stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, week 2 we moved over, the staff was friendly, the food was great, the rooms were a tad small, but I wasn't there much to notice, I was in the Basketball section,it was close to the food area, and to the pool, the main area is quite centralized to the hotel rooms, I have no complaints and would stay again, the first day since I checked out of the Caribbean and checked into the All Star Sports I did have a bit of trouble with my dining plan, by he front desk worked with me to get everything settled, even gave me extra fast passes for my trouble. Later in the week we had a miscommunication with some dinner reservations and once again the front desk fixed everything, the staff is friendly, helpful, definately would recommend and stay here again the price is right and the staff is friendly, the rooms were well kept, and clean

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Edenton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We selected this hotel based on the price compared to other Disney resorts. The pools and activities as well as the theme made it a great place for the kids to be entertained. The rooms are standard hotel style but we did not spend much time in the rooms!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife booked a 5 night stay in this hotel considering it is owned by Disney and want to avail of the perks. We are celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday on July 30th at Magic Kingdom and being in a disney owned hotel we're thinking of getting a good value. The moment we arrived on the hotel i can definitely say it is a so-so hotel. The rooms are clean but already dated. My biggest gripe is no Microwave available in the room! There is a fridge though. But with this price per night; i could have booked a hotel outside disney property and have those darn microwave! For the price i paid; it is not worth staying on their Disney property. I drive to Orlando with my car so free buses to the theme park doesnt really matter. I can just go there without riding on it. Im not ruining this vacation as i am not the one booking this hotel. If i have to do it myself it will be off Disney property wherein the price i would pay will give me some of lifes convenience like eating a warm food. I will not comeback here nor recommend it to anybody. I had stayed in $65 hotels that has a pool, concierge, fridge, microwave and a mini kitchen. In this Disney hotel my $150 is a room and a fridge. It is disappointing to pay that much and dont have such convenience available. Word of Advise... DONT COME TO THIS HOTEL (Disney All Star Sports Hotel). You will regret it.

• Stayed July 2014
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I (ages 32 and 28 respectively) go to Disney World every year in September/October (for the food and wine festival) and we stay at the All Star Sports Resort every time. I'll start by saying that it's a value resort, so don't expect luxury and it's a family resort so don't expect peace and quiet. When we go to Disney World we wake up early every morning, grab some fruit or muffins from the food court for breakfast, head straight to the parks and don't come back to the hotel until after the fireworks are done. It's literally just a place to sleep and shower for us, so what's the point in spending a lot of money on it?

The rooms are typically 2 double beds per room. Since it's a family resort I doubt they have rooms with just one larger bed unless you require a handicapped room (I could be wrong though). Since it's just the two of us, I don't find the rooms small at all; I actually think they are very spacious, but I suppose fitting a family of 4 or more might get a bit tight. The rooms are no smaller than a typical motel room with two double beds. I didn't find the beds noticeably uncomfortable. They aren't as comfortable as our own bed of course, but we didn't have trouble sleeping. There are no coffee makers and the blow dryer is not very good. Also, they only provide a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner that is gel, not cream. My hair gets extremely frizzy in humidity and the stuff they provide doesn't cut it so I always remember to bring my own bottle of conditioner. Our rooms have always come with a small refrigerator which is handy for keeping water cold to take to the park each day. (Just a tip - we always bring 1 Brita reusable water bottle to share and refill it either at water fountains (although the water is not cold) or we each get a cup of ice water (free) at quick service restaurants and pour them into the water bottle. Saves us lots of money on beverages and is easy to carry around in our tiny backpack.)

The food court is handy, they have a bunch of different counters serving different things. We rarely eat any of that food but I've heard it's pretty standard stuff and is good for kids. We usually just get the grab and go items on our way out. Sometimes my boyfriend will head over there in the morning while I'm getting ready and buy us both Mickey waffles and bring them back to the room so we can eat quickly and head out. We really like the convenience because usually when we get to the parks we are anxious to go on rides and don't want to spend our precious park time eating breakfast.

The hotel grounds can be noisy (obviously, it's a family resort), especially near the football field where kids are laughing and playing quite late. The football area is a great location because it's quite close to the main building, cafeteria and transportation and it doesn't cost extra money like the "preferred" rooms in the surfing area. If you are able to request a room that does not face the football field then that would probably be a great place to stay. As far as our personal room preference goes, we usually request a room on the third floor, near the stairs, near the parking lot so we typically end up staying in the baseball area. It's a bit further from the cafeteria but since we drive everywhere in Disney we like being right near the parking lot.

For transportation we rent a car, but we have taken the buses. During the off season the bus is shared between each of the All Star resorts. The buses come fairly often, at least every 15 minutes but usually every 5-10 minutes in our experience. At peak times (morning, lunch, and after fireworks) the buses can be very crowded and sometimes the lineup is so long you have to wait for the next bus. The bus ride is not too long, maybe 10-12 minutes and they are so nice and cool after being in the heat! The last few years we have chosen to rent a car because we don't like waiting outside in the heat, and we don't like being packed into buses with lots of people and strollers. Staying at a Disney resort gets you a free parking pass for all parks and resorts and it's an easy drive from park to park so the price of renting a car is definitely worth it to us (another tip - join the free loyalty programs for car rental places and you will get a great deal, also search for coupon codes). The parking lots are a bit of a hike and there can be lots of traffic in and out of the parks at peak hours but we are totally ok with that because it's so nice not to depend on the buses. That being said, if you are travelling on a budget and can't justify spending the extra money on a rental car, the buses are just fine! Seriously, no matter how many complaints you may hear about them, they are free and get you where you need to go!

Make sure you check in online as soon as you are able, it makes it so much easier when you arrive at the resort because everything is ready for you. The last time we went I recall our check in taking no more than a couple minutes.

Basically, it really depends on the things that are important to you. If you want to save money and still have the perks of staying on Disney property (extra magic hours, free resort transportation including airport shuttle, free parking, ability to charge everything to your room, magicbands) then this resort is perfect!! If you don't really care about the perks and still want to save money then you should probably look at hotels off Disney property and price out a rental car and parking. If staying at basic motels is not your thing and you prefer to have even the slightest bit of luxury then you should probably stay elsewhere because the All Star resorts will definitely disappoint.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our room was on the corner, overlooking the football field on the 3rd floor. Because we were in the corner it was much easier and faster to take the stairs (right next to our room) than walking further down to use the elevators. It wasn't a problem for us but I suggest if your room is on the 3rd floor ask to be near the elevators.

I loved that Disney delivery our luggage to our rooms. I also ordered groceries and they were delivered to our room as well. If you have a later flight make sure to ask for late check out the day you check in. I asked the night before and they never got back to me the next day like they said they would.

I wish we could have enjoyed the pool a bit more but because or the thunderstorms it was closed on several occasions. I just wished there was a way to communicate when they open them back up.

I would definitely stay here again! I was a little worried when booking because it was Disney's "budget" hotel. After experiencing great rooms and service here regardless of it being a budget hotel, I strongly recommend staying here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It's a basic hotel. It's still Disney so the theming was very nice. Rooms are small compared to the moderate resorts, but clean. We stayed 2 nights. The food court is big. I think they couldn't keep up with the crowds in the food court because every time we went to eat, either the straws ran out, butter or the coke machine. Minor setback. We liked it anyway. We never waited too long for a bus. The grounds were well kept as expected from a Disney resort. We arrived very early, 9a.m. to hit a park and was surprised our room was ready. It was nice to drop our stuff and go.

Room Tip: If you want to be near the pool, food court and buses, ask to be placed in the surfboard section. No...