I traveled to Disney World this past December with my grandparents, two cousins, aunt, and my own parents.This was my first time there, and because All-Star Sports is the cheapest of the cheapest, we stayed there. We got two rooms on the third level of the right baseball building. My grandparents, aunt, and one cousin were in one room, while me, my parents, and my other cousin were in the other. The rooms were adjacent to each other, but not adjoining, like we had wanted (I don't know if that's even available.)
Postivites: The bus service was good. Depending on the park, you would be transported back to just your particular All-Star hotel, or all three in a row. All-Star Sports is first when that happens.
This is a good and bad thing- the cafeteria was being renovated while we were there. It made things a bit quieter in the main building.
Well, we got good exercise... the baseball buildings are the farthest away from the entrance...
The smaller pool was right outside our building, so we didn't have to literally walk a football field to get to swim.
Negatives: Unlike at least All-Star Music (which we walked around the last day; we didn't see Movies), the smoking area was in a very open area, and if you have a building in the back forty, you must walk past and breathe in the cigarette fumes every time getting back to your room.
Again, if you have farther buildings, there is a football field where sports groups are almost always guaranteed to be playing. Just because you walk on the sidewalk doesn't mean you won't get hit by a flying football.
It can get crowded. And LOUD. I read other reviews about noise while trying to sleep, but it wasn't that bad for us. The thing is, the pools were so bad one night, I really did fear my younger cousins would get hurt. It was skin to skin in both pools.
Overall, I would say All-Star Sports is average. If you don't want to feel like a long-time smoker and have bruises from just swimming when you leave, then maybe don't stay here. But really, it isn't all that bad. Just watch your step.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's All-Star Sports Resort is a Disney Value Resort hotel featuring giant icons that celebrate the fun and excitement of sports—including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Amex, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort