“Loud and smoky, but ok place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's All-Star Sports Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1701 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #152 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Loud and smoky, but ok place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I traveled to Disney World this past December with my grandparents, two cousins, aunt, and my own parents.This was my first time there, and because All-Star Sports is the cheapest of the cheapest, we stayed there. We got two rooms on the third level of the right baseball building. My grandparents, aunt, and one cousin were in one room, while me, my parents, and my other cousin were in the other. The rooms were adjacent to each other, but not adjoining, like we had wanted (I don't know if that's even available.)
Postivites: The bus service was good. Depending on the park, you would be transported back to just your particular All-Star hotel, or all three in a row. All-Star Sports is first when that happens.
This is a good and bad thing- the cafeteria was being renovated while we were there. It made things a bit quieter in the main building.
Well, we got good exercise... the baseball buildings are the farthest away from the entrance...
The smaller pool was right outside our building, so we didn't have to literally walk a football field to get to swim.
Negatives: Unlike at least All-Star Music (which we walked around the last day; we didn't see Movies), the smoking area was in a very open area, and if you have a building in the back forty, you must walk past and breathe in the cigarette fumes every time getting back to your room.
Again, if you have farther buildings, there is a football field where sports groups are almost always guaranteed to be playing. Just because you walk on the sidewalk doesn't mean you won't get hit by a flying football.
It can get crowded. And LOUD. I read other reviews about noise while trying to sleep, but it wasn't that bad for us. The thing is, the pools were so bad one night, I really did fear my younger cousins would get hurt. It was skin to skin in both pools.
Overall, I would say All-Star Sports is average. If you don't want to feel like a long-time smoker and have bruises from just swimming when you leave, then maybe don't stay here. But really, it isn't all that bad. Just watch your step.

Room Tip: Apparently the surfboard building(s) has the best rooms. I know the bottom floor of the surfboard bu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1,875 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The room was small but clean. The food at the food court was ridiculously overpriced. I suggest to drive out on the main and eat breakfast and dinner at restaurants and stop at a Publix to buy water and juices. Convenient buses to theme parks. Nice pool for the kids. Quiet and well kept grounds.

• Stayed July 2014
Dahlonega, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We left for Disney a day earlier than planned and this was a last-minute addition. We already had made reservations for another couple of hotels on property (we resort hop a lot). Our only other experience with Disney’s value resorts are from a few years ago when we used to stay at Disney’s Pop Century Resort every visit. We love Pop. It’s a great resort. Fast forward to our most recent trip. Pop was unavailable for a 1-night stay and there was a slight discount at All-Star Music. We booked one room. I cannot remember the exact location, but we had to drive pretty far to get to it. FYI – there’s another value resort right next door. We were very close to its pool.

All of the value resorts are motel-type rooms. The door is on the outside - think Motel 6 or Super 8. No surprises in the room. It was clean, themed, and everything was in working order. No luxuries. No coffee pot. However, there is a mini fridge.

I’m not into sports, so I wasn’t crazy about the theming. It was basically just a place to rest our heads and to let Disney shuttle us around.

Pros:
-It’s a value resort, so that means it’s one of the least expensive. Don’t let that fool you though; it’s still really expensive for a motel room, even in the off-season.
-Cute theming if you like sports.
-Quick check-in process
-Clean rooms
-Courteous staff
-You’re on-site so that means Disney drives you everywhere.
-Very kid-friendly with a lot of kid activities.
- Free Wifi

Cons:
-See the above Pro about it being a value resort. You’re still paying for the Disney experience. You can stay off-property for a lot less (A LOT LESS) but you’ll miss out on Disney transportation.
-The value resorts hold a lot of people. Be prepared for noise…and kids running up and down the balconies. They sound like a herd of elephants.
-If you stay on a bottom floor, you’ll hear noise from the bathroom above you.
-Tiny pillows
-You could potentially have a long walk to the main building (with food and shopping) and transportation.
-In slower seasons, some value resorts share buses with other value resorts.
-There’s almost always a line for buses, at both the resort and the theme parks.
-Small lobby (when compared to Pop Century)

Overall, it’s a fine place to stay if you are looking for a place to sleep. If Pop Century is unavailable, we will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to complete on-line checkin as soon as your window opens up.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The rooms were clean, but they are a little small. Good if you are looking for a Disney hotel that you only really need for sleep. However, you still benefit from the extra magic hours at the parks. The food was good and the staff was friendly. Close to the parks. The over sized sport objects were fun and great for the kids. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jenison, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the all sport in June of this year and had a 8 night stay. Three of the days our room was not cleaned. I had to go to the service desk each time and request that they clean our room. The last day we were there our room was cleaned but no toilet paper was left and we ended up having to use tissue for the last part of the day. I feel this is unexceptionable and that we should have been compensated in some way! I will never stay at All Sport again, with all the money we spent to take this vacation I am very disappointed in the service.

Room Tip: stay in a higher rated hotel
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Good points: 1) We arrived at 9:30 am, and our room was ready! 2) Magicbands were all set to go 3) Friendly service by desk staff and mousekeeping.

Cons: 1) Folio was not delivered to room. Went to pick it up and was given another guest's info 2) Room was very small; I echo concerns about the bathroom and the room in general. 3) Only two elevators to serve each massive building 4) Parking will be a long ways off without a handicapped tag.

I understand the benefits of staying on site, but I simply can't justify paying $135 for what is essentially a small, albeit heavily themed, motel room.

Room Tip: Choose Surf city for both pool proximitiy and closeness to front desk/food court.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel for 1 week with family and I have to say that I was surprised to find the room clean, good AC, excellent pool, everything and anything to eat and the staff was super friendly. I recommend that you take the food plans and with your magicband; off you go. Very simple to use and nothing to carry except maybe your camera but then I had taken the memory maker service ... excellent stay. I recommend for families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!