“good value - clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's All-Star Sports Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1701 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #152 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Calgary, Alberta
“good value - clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

stayed here during the marathon weekend in january. Good value for this resort. The rooms were very clean, ours came with a mini fridge, and small wall safe. There are two pools on site. If you have kids they keep them entertained with games at the main pool. There are lots of kids and adults playing on the football field, so may want to avoid staying in that section b/c it can get noisy. The cafeteria breakfast was very good - the pancakes with strawberries especially. Dinner meals are average. Within walking distance (5 min) from mcdonalds if you want something a little cheaper, as the meals at the cafeteria can be a little expensive.
Overall a good resort, would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
pflugerville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Disney hotel. I took my husband and my 2 year daughter. It was so easy to use the shuttles and dinning. I had requested a crib at 3:30 in the morning and it was brought right up. The hotel was so clean and nice looking. All the staff was helpful and kind. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I can't even imagine what the other Disney resorts are like if this is the value resort. The room is a little small but c'mon you get what you pay for. I did like that we could buy a refillable cup. We filled it up every chance we got. But one piece of advice is do the online check in. WOW it made a huge difference at check in and out. All I had to do was show my ID and they handed everything to me. The day of check out all the information I needed was on my door ready for me. Love Disney and will be back for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have easy access
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Disney magical express transportation and shuttles to parks were very convenient. Room was pretty basic. Free in room wifi was good. I felt that the rooms had bad insulation. I could hear noises of people walking through out the night. We did not like the food in the food court.

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms near the pool. The noise will keep u up all night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at All-Star Sports Jan. 27-29. It was a good stay, the room is a little tight, there are full size beds which make the sleeping situation a little close. But overall it was a good stay, no big issues. My husband had a bad cold and emptied the box of tissues. When we got back from the parks, we saw that they hadn't refilled them. He called down at 10:00 pm to ask for more tissues and they said they would send them up. 20 minutes later our kids were falling asleep and he called back down, they said that they needed a half hour to put the work order in. Finally at about 10:45 they came with a bag with tissues, a roll of toilet paper, cups, shampoo, etc. Again, not a big deal and it wouldn't stop us from returning. The kids loved the theme, we stayed in baseball, but they really want to stay in football next time, loved the big field. Everything else was your basic Disney Value resort, but for $62/night - it's worth every penny to stay on-site. I couldn't find an off-site that cheap and still get everything that Disney offers.

Lynchburg, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

During this trip we stayed at 3 different hotels, the worst being here. The beds were so stiff I contemplated heading to the chiropractor 2 weeks after our trip ended. Not only were the beds like rocks, the rooms were small and definitely basic. I felt like we were staying at a Super 8, not some hotel that is part of the Disney empire. The property overall, though, felt safe and the kids really enjoyed the arcade and pool. They do have a food court type area too but after a few days it started to lack luster as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Rooms are very small but just what you would expect for the price. The Front Desk Staff and Room Assigner were very accommodating especially when I needed to extend my stay. When you visit, ask for the newly remodeled rooms. They are worth it. Our room faced the trees and was surprisingly quiet. The room as always spotless when we returned after a day at the park. I also noticed the many activities for kids and families at the pool and lots of life guards. It was nice to see. I missed in room coffee. Transportation to the airport was a breeze and complimentary.

Room Tip: Ask for newly remodeled rooms. May cost more, but worth it. Ask for upper floors.
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a small introduction, Walt Disney World breaks their resorts into several categories, "Deluxe" at the high end and "Value" at the "low" end. The All-Star Sports Resort is considered "Value" by Disney and I'll tell you there was nothing "low" end about it and the price was an exceptional value! When we arrived at the resort, the first thing you notice is the grand marquee and the oversized prop luggage cart. As you exit your bus or taxi, you walk up a "red carpet" floor mat into the motel lobby. Going into the this I expected a standard motel experience with a Disney twist, boy was I wrong; it was more like all Disney twist. Once in the lobby, there is a very long counter for check-in/out and a concierge. There were more than enough cast members to efficiently check in our bus load of tourists. Once checked in, we went to check out our room. We were in the baseball area. Walking through the rest of the lobby area, there were several locations of note. First is in the reception area. There is a TV playing classic Disney cartoons with some nice couches to keep children entertained while parents are checking in or using the concierge, nice touch! Just beyond this area is the exit to the bus stand where you can catch Disney's internal buses (free) to all the Disney locations (from the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT to the water parks or Downtown Disney). Next is what you may expect, a large Disney merchandise store that also sells all the toiletries in case you run out. Finally on your way out of the back of the main building you pass an arcade on your right, a caricature artist in front of you and the most important place of all, a cafeteria on your left. At first when I saw the cafeteria, I thought that it looked unimpressive, but I was wrong! The food here was good! I was very impressed by the variety as well. While some of the options became limited after 10 PM, the kitchen stayed open passed midnight which was very convenient. On a related note, they sell a mug for $17 that can be used at the resort's drink fountain (soda, water, PowerAde, tea and more) for free refills. Get one with your first snack. We refilled ours many times, it was well worth it! Ok on to the resort! We walked out the back doors and were greeted by the sights of the Surfs Up area and an immense, beautiful pool with a full lifeguard staff and a MC playing games with the guests. It looked super fun, but we could not hang around as we had to get to our room… we'd be back for a movie in the pool night later in the week! Continuing on, we passed through the football area. This was amazing. It is a nearly full length (280 ft long x 40 ft wide) football field with goal posts on either end. At the 50 yard line there are three story helmets on either side that are simply amazing! There was never a time we passed through this area and did not see kids playing football and loving it. I am sure there are children who preferred playing on this field to going to Animal Kingdom! After we passed by the football stadium we entered the baseball area. Disney is so amazing with its details. In the baseball area there are fictitious grand stands and large score boards that make you feel as though you are walking onto a actual baseball field. Entering from centerfield, there is a large grassy outfield area and then a pool for an infield! One nice touch is that there are lifeguards here too! I have never been to a motel pool before and felt so safe! One other nicety was in the outfield under the leftfield bleachers was a laundry facility. Once we were to the room, we open the door and the Disney hasn't stopped yet, there was Mickey towel art waiting for us and the room theme was great. We had a standard 2 double bed room. As far as size and layout, it was decent size and was the same cookie cutter layout as every other 2 double bed motel room in America; of course this one was special because it was on the Disney property which means layout was all it had in common with those other rooms. There was Donald Duck baseball art on the wall as well as nice, new looking furniture through out and the table in the room even had Mickey heads around the edges as part of the finish. There was also a coat rack (we used it to hang pin lanyards) that also had silhouettes of our favorite characters. In the bathroom there was even baseball themed wall paper.

There are many reasons to stay on the Disney property when choosing your Orlando vacation from free bus rides to and from the theme parks to extra magic hours (if you haven't heard, each park has extended hours a few days a week only open to Disney hotel guests)! With All Star Sports resort, price is not a deterrent. This place was awesome and comfortable! I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!