“Horrible Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

You added Disney's All-Star Sports Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1701 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #140 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Yuba City, California, United States
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

When we arrived everything seemed fine. Checkin didn't take very long and they provided us with several maps and brochures. I requested a portable crib and they said it would be in my room in 20 minutes. We piled back into the van and headed to the back of the resort to our room. While we were carrying our things from the car to our room my husband slipped on the wet smooth cement in front of our room and busted his elbow open. We went to the lobby thinking that they would have a first-aid kit and would be willing to help. WE WERE WRONG. The managers were extremely unhelpful. I had to wait inline forever while my husband was bleeding in their lobby. I finally got a managers attention but he had to run off and get some kids balloons, soccer key chains and some small mickey dolls because he heard they didn't get to see mickey today and it was their birthday. I sat there ease dropping on the entire conversation which must of taken five minutes meanwhile my husband is bleeding all over the floor. SERIOUSLY!!!! I have no idea why getting mickey dolls is more important the bloody man in the lobby. After he gives them their toys he brings us a first aid kit. He pulls out some gauze and walks away. We tried to dress the wound with the gauze but didn't have any tape so I had to flag down another manager and ask for some tape. He said he didn't have any medical tape in the first aid kit. I asked him for the address to the hospital so my husband could get stitches. He handed be a pamphlet with a map on it and said I hope you feel better. I was shocked. The man hurt himself on "THEIR" property you would think they would care that he was literally walking around leaving a trail of blood. He ended up with nine stitches in his elbow. When we finally returned to our room we realized the refrigerator didn't work and the crib still wasn't delivered. I called about the refrigerator 3 times explaining that I already had milk in my room that needed to be refrigerated very soon. Finally a girl came and fix the refrigerator. We checked in around 3pm and the refrigerator was fixed around 8pm. The crib was an even more extreme situation. I called 4 times and finally went down to the lobby around 10:30 to complain that I still didn't have a crib yet. My son finally got a crib at 11pm. AGAIN SERIOUSLY!!!!
To put it simply we did NOT have a "magical time. We will never stay there again. If you value ANY form of customer service be warned you will not find it there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Overall the hotel is nice if you really aren't going to be in your room much. You definitely want to make sure you complete your online check-in before you go because the difference in the lines is tremendous! We were able to check in right away compared to others who had to have waited at least 30 minutes or more to check in. Also, I recommend giving them your credit card information so that when you check out, you don't have to go back to the front desk to turn in your key. This also allows you to charge things back to your room while you are the parks or Downtown Disney.

I also recommend getting a preferred room. We didn't and we were in the very back of the resort in building 7 in the Touchdown area. It's quite the trek to the front of the resort to get on the buses. We weren't there long enough to use the facilities at the resort such as the pool or even the food/beverage areas. This place is ideal for families and groups of younger kids. Our room was where the football goals were and it was cool to see the interior lawn set up like a football field. However, keep in mind that the kids can stay up all hours of the night playing games.

The first night we were there, our room key didn't work. Actually, neither one of them did. This was kind of frustrating as it was about midnight when we got back from Magic Kingdom and at this point, I was at no point in the mood to walk to the front of the resort. I called the hotel on my cell phone and they immediately sent someone to unlock the door for us. Then when we went to the parks the next morning, we just stopped in and switched out our keys. No questions asked. It was great!

One thing I definitely liked, was the bath products. They use H20+ which is a great product! Way to go Disney!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I feel like Disney's All-Star Sports Resort is one of your best value options if you plan to take advantage of the all of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks. During our stay we encountered a few small flaws in the room. When we arrived at our room. there was a chlorine smell, no shampoo in the bathroom and a wet spot on the carpeted floor. I believe this was due to the staff trying to get things finished in a timely manner. The resort is massive and it takes a lot of workers to get the rooms ready. When I called the front desk, they were immediately ready and offered to bring me toiletries or move us to a different room. Since we had already started unpacking we decided to stay.

We a rental car the first day and Disney's complimentary transportation the rest of the four days we were there. Since we had a car that first night, we were able to park anywhere on the Disney property free of charge! It was a huge perk and I will remember that in the future if we drive back down. The transportation stop in front of the resort is not fully covered so be prepared for heat and weather. The busses are very constant during the busy times of the day (early morning to theme parks and in the evening returning from the parks). The last morning we were there, we really enjoyed eating in the food court as the food was wonderful!

We were not in the resort much because we were very busy during the weekend but for the little time we spent there, it was enjoyable. If we receive a discounted room option in the future, we will be returning.

Room Tip: If you need a King Size bed, make sure to let Guest Services know when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We (Six adults and three children) stayed at the Riverside at New Orleans in Disney and it was excellent. I would advise anyone travelling here to enquire about the disney charging card for meals - it saved us a lot of money and you can eat for free with it at all the parks.

Stafford, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We are frequent Disney visitors and have chosen value resorts frequently. We usually enjoy the ease of access and budget prices (allowing us to spend on the fun stuff). This year the magic was gone. The website told us the pool would reopen on September 21st. We did not have it for our entire week's visit. There were bugs in our room upon arrival. The staff was less than friendly througout the trip. On our last morning, the cleaning people knocked on my door at 8. I explained we would be checking out that day. Before she would leave, I had to give her an exact time of our departure. We chose to go to the dining court area during off hours to avoid the long lines. The service was terrible! My husband waited twenty minutes in line for chicken nuggets that were already cooked and sitting on the counter. Our patience and the fantasy of DIsney have both taken quite a big hit. The room was very dated and needs an update very soon.

Steger, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Reasonable rates, nice facility. Rooms are a bit small but not in the room very much anyway! Clean (except could have dusted around the TV a bit). Good service. Unfortunately we were there when the pool in our section of the property was under construction! Looked like a great pool though! First stop for pick up and drop off of All Star properties which is always a plus, especially after a long day at a park! Would stay there again! Gotta love Disney!

New Port Richey, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall the resort is a good value for the price. We stayed there for a Run Disney Event that ended at 4 am. Obviously we just wanted to sleep after that. We were awakened by housekeeping 4 times starting at 8:30 am asking when we would be getting out of the room even after requesting they not disturb us and reminding them check out was 11:00. I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!