“All rooms have balconies” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard

You added Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard to your Saves list
Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9501 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Westin Imagine Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #90 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“All rooms have balconies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I used to live in Orlando and I went back for business. I booked a hotel using the Priceline Name Your Own Price feature and you never know what hotel you are going to get. I was okay with this since I knew any in this area would be fine. When I got the Westin I was excited - it is one of those hotels I remember seeing built but I never had a reason to stop by and check it out. Now that I have stayed here I want to only stay here in the future!

My favorite part is that every room has a balcony. And the sliding door also has a screen door. I left my door open the entire time I was in my room. You could hear the water noise from the fountain by the pool and it was just so nice! There are not a lot of hotels in Orlando with balconies so this is an excellent feature!

The Westin is located in an area where you need a car (although I would say that about ANY area in Orlando). It isn't a quick walk to the restaurants on I-Drive. I was thinking about ordering room service one morning but I really wanted to go sit by the pool instead. As I walked past the bar downstairs I noticed they had some basic breakfast foods for sale - bagels, muffins, coffee, juice - and my favorite - a granola yogurt fruit parfait! It was SO good I got it every morning I was there!

There is a Publix grocery store just south of the Westin and I had a basic two queen bed room with a mini fridge and small countertop area by the front door.

I spent all of my free time by the pool and it the hot tub and it was great!

I also asked to check out an hour and a half late so I could enjoy even more pool time before my flight. The front desk woman was so quick to say "yes" at my request it actually surprised me!

My only advice for anyone coming to Orlando: rent a car. I know there are buses and the I-Drive trolley. But they don't come very often in my option. You will waste too much precious Florida vacation time waiting on a ride!

One last compliment on the Westin - the shower! I was getting a little worried about using up all of the water in Orlando. The overhead square rain shower head is fantastic! I decided I was going to buy one for my house. Then I realized I would a) run out of hot water since I have a tank and b) my water bill would go through the roof!

Room Tip: You can either face the pool or the fireworks. Both are great views!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
WestinImagineOrlando, General Manager at Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
It is always such a pleasure to learn that guests find their stay at The Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard to be such a positive experience. From check in to check out, it is our hope that everyone who stays feels just the same as you did during your time here. From our rejuvenating, Heavenly accommodations to our luxurious pool, perfect for relaxing, it is wonderful to know you appreciated it all. Located just minutes from so many major attractions, we offer the ideal accommodations for convenience. Thank you for such a great review and we hope that you can visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Scituate, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

An experience with another hotel in the area over the weekend is prompting this late review. I stayed at the property back in December and by comparison, this is far and away a fabulous property.

The room was flawless. The living area with kitchenette, china, silverware, etc. was perfect (the Whole Foods up the road is perfect for stocking the mini fridge). The Heavenly Bed, shower, etc. were all Heavenly. Service from all staff was courteous and friendly. Food was terrific, especially the bar menu.

So, why four stars instead of 5? The taxi situation - again, this property has a bunch of town cars waiting instead of taxis. When I went to Whole Foods, the bellman called a black car over and told him I wanted to go to Whole Foods and come back. I was told the fare was $25 (okay, steep, but it's at least 30 minutes of the driver's time). After my round trip, the driver tells me I owe him $50. It's terrible to have no other transportation option in this area and that this fleet of black cars preys on the convention attendees. I did speak to another bellman later and he said they can always call a metered taxi for trips like this. Good advice. Just a little too late. My other complaint for the property is that I am an SPG member but didn't get credit for this stay because it was booked through the convention's housing bureau rather than directly.

Room Tip: All are great. I loved my balcony complete with chairs and table to watch the sunrise in the mornin...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay with us. It certainly seems as though you found many aspects of our hotel and property to be appealing, from our Heavenly accommodations to the service of our associates. We strive to create the ultimate relaxing experience for all of our guests. With that being said, we must apologize if you were inconvenienced in utilizing the car services available outside our hotel. As you mentioned, metered cabs can be called in as well. While it is not clear in this forum as to how your reservations were made, we regret that you encountered any issues. If your reservation was not made and billed on a master account through a third-party and you paid for it yourself, your SPG points should have indeed been received. Please reach out directly if you have any questions or concerns. Your brand loyalty is of great importance to us and we do hope to welcome you again to The Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Using a military discount combined with my SPG gold status, I was able to secure a suite for a bargain price and I was not let down. This was not your usual faux-suite but two separate spacious rooms; the living room, bedroom and and a stocked kitchen. Also, my rate included free self-parking in a garage, complimentary WiFi, and late check-out. Combined with a friendly service oriented staff, I really had little to complain about although the WiFi connecting process didn't seem to allow for connecting more than one device without having to sign-in from scratch. Overall though, a great stay and would certainly stay here again when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
WestinImagineOrlando, General Manager at Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
At The Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard, it is always our pleasure to care for our guests and provide them with a high level of service to make their stay memorable. We are thrilled that not only did you find our associates accommodating, but that you also enjoyed the comfort of your suite and value of our hotel. Thank you so much for sharing feedback of your stay. Please come back and see us again soon for another rejuvenating encounter.
Genoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Spent 5 nights at the Westin on a Business Trip to Orlando and I had a really nice stay. Hotel is a nice size, not too big like the majority of hotels in Orlando.
Rooms are nicely decorated and I beds are extremely comfortable.
I was upgrade to a suite on SPG floor, where I had a large living space with fully equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting areas. A nice large balcony with table and chairs and a Big bathroom. Although I didn't get a chance to use the pool it looked nice and clean and never too crowded.
Staff is helpful, efficient and friendly.
Only one complaint, no table service unless you were sitting down for lunch/dinner which I found annoying seeing we were having meetings all day long and we had to get up each time to go to the bar to get our orders.
Overall a good experience and I would most certainly go back.
One suggestion: if you are in Orlando for business and attending meetings and conventions around the area, do rent a car. We didn't and paid a fortune in taxi rides.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review. It is always our desire to provide guests with exceptional service to ensure their stay is the best it can be. We are so glad you enjoyed many aspects of your encounter during your five day trip, including your refreshing guest room. Convenience and service are always so important while traveling for business and we do hope that you were not too inconvenienced while visiting our bar. We hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard soon.
Kiev, Ukraine
1,203 helpful votes 1,203 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'm used to WESTIN hotels in Europe and Asia where this brand of SPG represents 5* hotels. So the WESTIN Universal in Orlando was quite a let-down for me.

Compared to European- and Asian standards this particular WESTIN is a typical 3* property. The lobby is very basic, cold. Due to my SPG status we got an upgrade to a Suite. Well, it was okay, but pretty old and would need some upgrade. We got a very good deal via Best-Rate-Guarantee so I don't complain, especially since WiFi internet and continental breakfast was included.

At the restaurant we came across a cockroach which wanted to share the table with us. Not the best reputation. The breakfast itself was okay, nothing to write home about. Selection is okay - but staying 5 days it's getting boring.

Would I stay there again? Yes, at US$ 145$/night including taxes, WiFi and breakfast it's a good deal - especially when you anyway spend little time in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We care greatly about every guest’s experience and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Please know that the cleanliness of our hotel and restaurant it is taken very seriously by all members of our staff. If any report is made, we have strict protocols in place that are quickly implemented to verify and resolve any concerns. Your comments will be shared with our management team. We can understand any frustrations that you may have felt and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences or discomfort that resulted. Thank you for sharing your feedback, be well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This Westin Property is right across from the convention center and extremely convenient for convention goers. Its restaurant has a very nice breakfast buffet (a European version with boiled eggs, meats and cheeses) and the rooms all seem to be suites, so a nice 2 room format with separate bed and living area. The best value I've seen on or near international in Orlando. Bar closes early, but you can grab a bottle of wine at the in house pantry and take it up. There is also a pretty good pizza delivery place that people raved about but I did not try. Black out curtains were also very good (an important feature for those that can't sleep well in hotels) and very quiet hallways. Recommend this property.

Room Tip: VERY comfortable suite format for business travelers.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us at The Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard. It’s gratifying that you were able to appreciate the many amenities and comforts we provide from our well-appointed guest rooms to dining with us at Fiorella’s Cucina Toscana. Our location is ideal for all visits to the Orange County Convention Center. We hope that the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I were heading to Universal Studios for the weekend and booked this property on Priceline (NYOP) for our 10 year anniversary weekend getaway celebration. I had called the hotel about a week after I booked the room and mentioned it was our 10 year anniversary to see if we could have a room with a king bed. She mentioned there were no guarantees, which I understood, but stated she would make a note on our reservation. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised it was noted that we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and Devin who checked us in "congratulated" us. It was a very personal start to our stay. I asked if they had any king beds available and she stated she was checking since they had a group staying and were pretty full. To my surprise and delight, she upgraded us to a one-bedroom suite for the night. I was very appreciative and when we arrived to the room were very excited. It was later in the evening so we enjoyed some quiet conversation on the balcony and headed to the comfy bed. The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was large. During check-in, Devin also explained the rewards program and I signed up. Kudos to you Westin and Devin, I'm a newbie to the property and we'll be back! Thanks for helping make our 10 year anniversary one to remember!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinImagineOrlando, General Manager at Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing such a lovely story with us. We are so happy that your stay at The Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard was such a memorable experience. Our associates will be thrilled to know they made an impact on you, from the well wishes for your special occasion to the upgraded accommodations. We will share your comments with everyone here. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another refreshing getaway.

Been to Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard? Share your experiences!