“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #226 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for my family and I. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Housekeeping kept the room and bathroom clean during our 4 day stay. We were only there during the early mornings and late at night. We never heard our neighbors, so we were able to actually sleep. We used the laundry facility, and a housekeeper helped my wife carry some of the load. They are very considerate.
The hotel grounds are filled with nice southern landscaping, including a papaya tree which was interesting.
Our drive to Disney was very short with directions from the front desk.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are only using the hotel to sleep, and are not looking for a spa or onsite attraction.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Athens, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Overall a great hotel for the price. Location was less than a mile from the stadium and close to Church St bar and restaurants. Not the safest area surrounding the hotel but taxi or bus it downtown...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Phoenix, AZ USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We pulled in late Sunday night after cross-country drive. Desk clerk/night manager scribbles map to get to to room on back of bill, then when I reached for sketch he pulled paper away saying 'you don't get this 'til you check out!' I explained I was exhausted and if he could re-draw map on a piece of paper I could take with me. He did so after much eye-rolling. This signalled the quality of service that was to come. Was disgusted to see charges for microwave or fridge that were definitely not listed in AAA book. Poorly lit, musty first-floor room was understocked with toiletries. Internet access definitely not "Hi speed". Corridor outside of room was scuzzy, not secure, very echoey and amplified guest noises to where, on 2nd night between 3 and 5 AM two rooms adjacent made it impossible for me and my kids to sleep. When I called front desk to complain, night manager refused to come out to handle situation with noisy guests. Said he could see situation from monitors in office - had this slacker been monitoring situation he would have seen them traversing from room to room, banging on doors, having loud conversations in hallway. I finally had to go out and confront one of these guests myself at 5:20 AM, who parked his carcass on the floor RIGHT NEXT to our door to have a prolonged cell phone conversation - he only left after I threatened either to call police or administer beatdown to get him and his friends to shut up for the evening. All in all a lousy experience in a lousy Best Western operation in a lousy part of town.

Room Tip: Choose a DIFFERENT motel chain for your Orlando stay!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
bestwstorl, Manager at BEST WESTERN Orlando West, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had while visiting our property. We can only learn from your experience and set forth a game plan to ensure our future guests are not subjected to the same experience. I appreciate your time and promise that this becomes a isolated incident.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We needed a room for New Years Eve, with the bowl game in town this was not easy. I got a room online for 99$. This is not the greatest part of town per se, but this little hotel was clean and well taken care of. Front desk very nice, rooms are clean with fresh linen. Great a/c too. There is even a small bar in the building by the pool. We'd stay here gain.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here twice in the past year for an event at Tinker Field.
The property is old but the grounds were well maintained and the rooms are ok. Nothing fancy but decent.
The area is not the best but I never felt unsafe. I feel like it's a more low income 80sarea than a dangerous one.
All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. My friend had a mix up with her reservation and even though they were sold out they made sure she had a room.
For events at Tinker Field this is the closest hotel and is perfect for those events. Management is very tolerant of after event partiers. ;)

• Stayed November 2012
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I don't know about the bad reviews on here but I've never had a bad experience at this establishment. This pst time I stayed at this location there was a convention going on at the same time, so it got a little loud at times (other guests being loud). Totally understandable, but the noise died down and I got a restful night's sleep. The hotel staff is always courteous, rooms are clean, and the gate around the property makes me feel safe. I noticed the last time I stayed at this hotel that it backs up in front of a neighborhood. No big deal, it's not like I've never seen a black person before like some of these other reviews insinuate. Best Western Orlando West is always welcoming and aims to please. I'll be back again soon!

Room Tip: I like getting a second floor room (added exercise from the stairs) plus no one besides mother natur...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

After reading the horrible reviews I expected the worst. my husband and I said we would take a look at the room and then ask for a refund. however the room was satisfactory. we were in room 217 which must have been completely remodeled. clean bed linens. new tile in the shower new carpets. the parking lot should have been brighter though.too dark

• Stayed September 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Orlando West? Share your experiences!