“It's ok for what was needed” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #244 of 328 hotels in Orlando
florida
“It's ok for what was needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here twice in the past year for an event at Tinker Field.
The property is old but the grounds were well maintained and the rooms are ok. Nothing fancy but decent.
The area is not the best but I never felt unsafe. I feel like it's a more low income 80sarea than a dangerous one.
All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. My friend had a mix up with her reservation and even though they were sold out they made sure she had a room.
For events at Tinker Field this is the closest hotel and is perfect for those events. Management is very tolerant of after event partiers. ;)

• Stayed November 2012

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I don't know about the bad reviews on here but I've never had a bad experience at this establishment. This pst time I stayed at this location there was a convention going on at the same time, so it got a little loud at times (other guests being loud). Totally understandable, but the noise died down and I got a restful night's sleep. The hotel staff is always courteous, rooms are clean, and the gate around the property makes me feel safe. I noticed the last time I stayed at this hotel that it backs up in front of a neighborhood. No big deal, it's not like I've never seen a black person before like some of these other reviews insinuate. Best Western Orlando West is always welcoming and aims to please. I'll be back again soon!

Room Tip: I like getting a second floor room (added exercise from the stairs) plus no one besides mother natur...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

After reading the horrible reviews I expected the worst. my husband and I said we would take a look at the room and then ask for a refund. however the room was satisfactory. we were in room 217 which must have been completely remodeled. clean bed linens. new tile in the shower new carpets. the parking lot should have been brighter though.too dark

• Stayed September 2012
Valrico, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all this hotel is in the ghetto! Secondly, the price is not right after you pay for the refrigerator too. the hotel has cockroaches and the worst two parts of my stay was I left for the and one evening for a business dinner and took everything but a silver necklace and sapphire earrings that I must have left on the counter. I did not realize until I got home the box was missing. I brought two necklaces, one short one long and when I left for two hours.
Then in the morning the shower did not work. I could not believe it. Then the front desk lady argued that it was my fault. I am not stupid, it is not rocket science. She said she would call me back. Now I will call her about my stolen jewelry too. Do not stay at this hotel. I was scared my brand new car would get stolen but I had no time. I would have left if I had the time Defintely! The rooms smell like cat urine. I usually stay at Comfort Suites or Marriott but they were booked

Room Tip: Go elsewhere! 70 and tax plus 7 for a refrigerator thats with the AAA discount. You should pay the e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
bestwstorl, Manager at BEST WESTERN Orlando West, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We are sorry to hear you had an unfavorable experience at our property. We are always working on improving our establishment, so we appreciate feedback - both positive and negative. We work hard to keep our rooms clean and comfortable for all our guests. We will learn from your comments and make appropriate changes to ensure that future guests do not have the same experience.
OHIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Got a ground floor room. A little outdated, yes. It was clean and comfortable. Sliding window has a latch and a bar across middle so we felt secure enough. If it bothers you, get a second floor room. The place is landscaped very nice and it has a great pool. Must of got new neighbors. The dealership across the street is an upscale dealership. The one next door is clean with a nice secure fence around it. Not the best part of town, but had no trouble going to the store and restaurant there. Some people have became so spoiled. I stayed in an upscale BW in Orlando later that week that was very nice "appearance" wise. The room was very damp and some drunk was pounding and yelling in the hall at 3am. Did NOT have that here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I travel 100+ nights per year and am familiar with Orlando. Knowing the sketchy location and at $62.00 per night I didn't expect much.

The Good Stuff:
Room was clean, quiet and everything worked in it.
Quality/soft towels and lots of hot water in bath.
Building exterior and grounds look well cared for and clean.

The Bad Stuff:
Only employees I encountered where an older woman and man working the front desk. Neither was very friendly or proficient at checking me in or out.
Lobby is smelly, dark, dated and completely unwelcoming.
Interior corridors are scary dark and totally ugly! I felt unsafe even in the day time...
Rooms look to have newer carpet and granite but everything else is extremely dated and dark.
Bed linens are decent but pillows suck.
Phone was missing information plate and didn't work.
Window and shower curtains were stained.
Lots of rust everywhere.
Wet clothes/towels hanging from balconies; looks ghetto...
Rear parking lot feels unsafe for people and cars. Seems frequented by local gang/drug dealer types...
Regardless of cheap price; would never recommend this property to anyone except as a last resort.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
bestwstorl, Manager at BEST WESTERN Orlando West, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
We apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are always striving to improve our customer’s experiences. We always encourage guests to let us know of any problems they incur during their stay, so that they may be quickly resolved while they are still here. If a guest is not satisfied with their room, we are more than happy to accommodate them in another room. Also, we are located just down the block from the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
St. John's, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Beware of this spot. We checked in to this motel for two nights. We did not stay an hour. The windows do NOT lock and we had a ground floor room. We looked at a second room and it was the same situation. There was no way I could sleep knowing someone could access our room. I would definitely never leave my belonging in an unsecured room. The room is dated and more of a 1 star motel. The location has some major concerns but I guess it depends on your reason for staying, ours was a vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are always striving to improve our customer’s experiences. We always encourage guests to let us know of any problems they may have during their stay, so that they may be quickly resolved. Some guests prefer to be on the second floor, which can easily be accommodated at the front desk. Also, many guests appreciate our location just down the block from the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Been to BEST WESTERN Orlando West? Share your experiences!