“a great find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Staten Island, New York
“a great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

we recently stayed there from april 1-4th and it was a very nice experience.it was very clean and convenient to every thing in the orlando area.the pool was big and relaxing and heated to a great temperature and was open early and late for our swimming pleasure.the cafe and bar are reasonably priced and enjoyable.it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Frank, we would like to extend our gratitude to you for staying with us. We are thrilled to know that you had a nice experience and found the resort to be clean and well-located. Thank you for also commenting that you were able to enjoy our heated pool area throughout your stay along with the poolside Bar & Grille. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we hope to welcome you back when you return to the Orlando area.

610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here from April 5th to April 12th. Overall a pretty decent experience. I was having such a hard time finding a hotel to stay at in Florida. So many reviews indicated bugs/cockroaches and I did NOT want to be near ANY. When I saw that Avanti had laminate flooring that was already a huge deal for me especially because I deal with allergies. So I will do my review in categories to make it clearer for those interested in coming.

Location:
Great location. Hubby and I rented a car and from Orlando airport to Avanti took about 15 min. Its on International drive and its in the middle of everything! There are restaurants everywhere, all within walking distance. Across the street and a bit further down there is Pirates Cove Mini golf which we did and was fun. There are shops close by (Premium Outlet-kind of a let down, Florida Mall-Loved it and Mall at Millenia- Unless your rich it was a boring mall, all high end designer stores). If you have a car its not a problem, we got to all shops in under 20 min.

Staff:
Staff were for the most part friendly. We had an extremely early flight so we got to the resort around 10am so we weren't expecting to be able to check in so early but we tried anyway. We were told to try around 1 or 2pm as some rooms might become available(Was told they are on a First come first serve basis- not sure how that works seeing as we had a reservation).
So we went to eat lunch and went back around 12:30pm and a room was available. I asked for a pool side as when I read so many reviews everyone suggested pool side for convenience and less noise because the other sides face the I-4 and International drive.
We were told our booking/reservation type wasn't available for a pool side. I was a little thrown off by the comment but I decided it wasn't a huge deal, but still, everyone on here made great comments that they asked for a pool side and got it, so I ask and "couldn't have it" . There is the guy at the Bell Desk I believe his name is Mark. He's a really nice guy and super helpful. We chatted with him a few times here and there. Really engages with the customers.
Can't remember her name but there is a staff member who works at the pool/bar and comes around asking if you need anything. She was super nice and friendly. Brought guests some water as when we were there it was quite hot, to keep us hydrated. I thought that was nice of her.

Room:
Rooms were a decent size. I read reviews that people didn't like the fact there was only one chair in there. Well we didn't care. When we sat down it was on a bed, and to be quite honest its not like we were hanging out in our rooms that we needed more then one chair, but to each their own. Floors could have been cleaned a little bit more frequently. Being that it is laminate it can get quite gross and sticky from sun lotion, etc. Loved that the sink was outside and toilet and shower were separate. Made getting ready a whole lot easier :) especially for me, needing to put my make up on and dry my hair, etc. Nice to be able to both get ready at the same time. Ample counter space. Glad we had a mini fridge. Kept a little box of cake/loaf for breakfast. Didn't want to spend crazy money for each meal so we tried to keep our breakfast on the low end. Would have been nice if they had microwaves in the rooms. They have 2 types of curtains. One is quite see through so make sure when you are in your room if you don't want people to look in and watch you sleeping/changing/etc put down the black out curtains. Those were good especially since I like it to be dark when I sleep.
The lights seemed kind of dim but that didn't really bother me. Not sure if the rooms beside were being used or not but I never heard our neighbors.
A couple nights it was either staff or guests outside our bedroom after 10pm being super loud, speaking spanish. Could hear every word they were saying. I was annoyed at first but it only happened 1 or 2 nights.
The staff were really good at replacing towels and making up the bed. I'm not sure how its done but I know at most hotels if you leave your towels on the floor it means please provide new ones and if you leave them hanging they won't touch them. I'm not fussy and didn't need fresh towels every single day but I think they changed them anyways.
The toilet/shower area is quite tiny, didn't bother me though as I wasn't in there for very long. Its workable it just wasn't the best. The shower head could be a little higher. I'm average height but my husband is 6'4 and the shower head was probably at a height of 5'6 so you will have to bend down to wash your hair.

Pool: Loved the pool area. We swam there maybe 3 of the 7 days we were there. Each time we went we had no trouble getting 2 lounge chairs. 2 of the 3 times we grabbed a table with an umbrella which was nice when you needed the break from the sun. Pool is at different levels, some quite shallow and some deep. It's really busy on the weekends but one day we went mid week and it was super super quiet. We almost had the pool to ourselves. Careful not to open your mouth in the water, very sandy and salty tasting. So gross.
Loved the hot tub. They have a sign with rules/regulations, there isn't a lifeguard so its not really enforced but I was not impressed that children were going into the hot tub when the sign says anyone under 18 needs to be with an adult and clearly that was not being followed. Hot tubs are not for children in the first place. I wouldn't have minded so much but it seems that the parents let their children do whatever. Especially diving into such shallow water in the pool when it clearly states not to dive. I'm a former lifeguard so I guess stuff like that sticks with me.
They have a huge bin with signs saying Soiled Towels and Clean Towels. I think I saw the Clean Towels bin empty once but it was filled super quickly that people did not have to wait more then 5 min for fresh towels. I actually preferred the pool towels over the room towels, were much bigger.

One last thing, I was not too thrilled that I was charged $100 Incidental up front. Normally when I stay at a hotel they ask for your Credit card but they don't charge you unless something happens. Avanti charged $100 up front and you get it back if there are no issues. Was not happy about that. I used most of it to pay the resort fee though, which by the way is about $9 a day with tax. I guess if you think about it the resort fee is somewhat worth it, pays for wifi, shuttle, parking if you have a rental. Would be nice if they just automatically include it into the hotel fee. Just would be nice to pay for things once and not have to worry about it but I guess thats how it works.

Overall I would say it was a great stay. Regardless of a few things here and there. I would definitely stay again in the future. Loved the location and rooms were updated and modern. For the price you can't go wrong. We did not book directly through Avanti. We did a package trip from Sunwing for Flight + Hotel + Car, so I'm not too sure what the price would be for the hotel if you booked directly through them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for making us a part of your trip. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback to us and the TripAdvisor community. It is great that you found our central location to be convenient for all that you were planning to do in Orlando. We do apologize that you were not able to get a pool view room. These rooms are referred to as "Superior" and can be booked when making your reservation in order to guarantee that location. You can also upgrade for a fee upon arrival. We have a limited number available and apologize that we weren't able to provide you with your request. Thank you for also commenting on the large pool area and comfortable rooms. We would like to add that we have a lowest rate guarantee, so you can always get the very best rate by booking directly through us. Just contact our reservations department for more information. We appreciate all of your comments and will be reviewing them internally with our staff. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we certainly hope to welcome you back again!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just returned from 16 days at the Avanti and were pleasantly surprised. At first we were put in a room at the back overlooking the I4 motorway so after asking to be moved to a room overlooking the pool we were more than happy. The hotel has just been refurbished so the pool, gym, diner, lobby and bar were all new and lovely. The rooms are basic but clean and functional. The location on international drive is perfect for all the attractions and also for the shopping malls!! There are also lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

We would strongly advise requesting a pool view when booking.

Have stayed in numerous hotels in this location and would recommend this one.

Room Tip: I would only stay in a room with a pool view as the others overlook motorway or car park!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ali, we can't thank you enough for choosing to stay with us for your 16 day trip to Orlando. We do apologize that the initial location of your room was not ideal for your needs. It was our pleasure to find an available room that met your preferences. Please note that you can guarantee a pool view room when booking by selecting a "Superior" room. Thank you for commenting on the pool area with poolside Bar & Grille, fitness center, and Cafe. We are so glad that you enjoyed all of these amenities. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit to our resort.
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Perfect location for all types of vacation! Very clean renovated rooms close to tiki bar and pool. Enjoyed going to cafe for our favorite Starbucks coffee and morning breakfast with great service! Staff very nice and pleasant. Seaworld was only few minutes away easy to find and very fun for all ages. Lots of restaurants close some in walking distance. Great price with lots of amenities. Would stay again for sure!

Room Tip: Pool side is the best!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Jeff, thanks especially for mentioning how clean your room was and how much you enjoyed the delicious options served from our Cafe for breakfast. We look forward to your next escape to Orlando and hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Staff , hotel services very friendly and helpful. Pool great for kids a lot of fun, location the best near to many other attractions and restaurants, room cleaning excellent. Next visit will expend more time, really amazing,

• Stayed April 2014
Edoardo, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed the pool area and the perfect location in the center of International Drive. Thanks for also commenting on the great housekeeping service you received. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great place to stay for many reasons: All staff were very pleasant, Nick A+, very clean, price was perfect, convenient and short driving distance to all parks, walking distance to convenient stores, restaurants, ice cream and some shopping. Starbucks coffee and breakfast in their cafe was excellent and not pricey at all for breakfast so worth it, cafe well stocked. I heard the other food was tasty but we did not try. Bar a bit pricey but nice and bartenders get an A+. Pool and hot tub area is just as the pics show on their website, loved it. Traffic could be a bit noisy. The sink area could use more towel hangers but not a big deal just a suggestion as they would come in handy. Oh and did I say clean hotel? I did but that is very important so I am repeating it. We stayed for a week and my family would love to revisit.

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. We are always aiming to provide each and every one of our guests with a memorable and comfortable experience. It is great to know that you enjoyed the fresh, cooked-to-order options served from our Cafe each morning. They do also serve great lunch and dinner options. We are also glad that you experienced such A+ service throughout your stay! We do appreciate your suggestions and will be passing them along internally. Thank you so much for your review, we hope to welcome you and your family back very soon!
roc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel staff was excellent. They actually looked like they enjoyed working at the Avanti and it showed. The pool was perfect with the added sand area. The pricing are extremely reasonable the resort is a great overall value. You are inn the middle of everything that Orlando has to offer in terms of dining and entertainment.

Room Tip: Stay off the highway side rooms if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks so much for making us a part of your vacation! It is a pleasure to hear that you received such incredible service from our staff throughout your stay. Thank you for also mentioning the spacious pool area and the perfect location right on International Drive! There is so much within walking distance of our resort - including some of Orlando's best dining and entertainment. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again for your next escape to Orlando.

Been to Avanti International Resort? Share your experiences!