“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Canberra
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here for five nights in October 2013. The rooms are large with average sized bathrooms. The rooms are fairly stylish in a budget conscious way. The bed was quite hard and not really that comfortable. Each block has a laundromat, this was an excellent feature for us as we were travelling for several weeks. The hotel offered a pick up service for local attractions like Universal Studios and Disney, this was really good, although the front service staff were a little confused about this. We phone one afternoon to book for the next day only to be told by the front desk we needed to attend concierge in person and we were too late to book in for the next day, we later attended concierge who were only to happy to get us on the bus for the next day. The hotel is in a good location, close to many attractions and shops.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Jane, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It is nice to know that you appreciated the contemporary decor of the resort. Each building does have it's own laundry facilities, and we are glad that you found this to be so convenient. We do apologize for the miscommunication regarding our scheduled shuttle service to the theme parks. You are correct that guests must see the concierge in person in order to reserve their spot, and we do ask that this be done the day before. We will clarify the policy with all of our staff members to make sure that there is no confusion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will consider staying with us again when you return to the Orlando area.

895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

the staff were very accommodating they and friendly they also wasn't nosey u were able to enjoy yrself and have a great time. the hotel location was right in the center of everything. i would definitely go to this hotel again when i stay in Orlando Florida again. I didn't have a problem finding it or navigating around in the area. the only thing i would of liked to see was continental breakfast so it would of been more convenient and easy for me to just go there with my kids some mornings. It was such a pain in the butt to go out to eat every morning and i hate getting up early especially on my vacation lol

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mercedez, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful that you mentioned how friendly and accommodating the staff here at Avanti was. We apologize that you were inconvenienced regarding breakfast options. Our cafe does serve some delicious, cooked-to-order breakfast options. Our lobby barista also serves grab-and-go breakfast options along with Starbucks coffee. These might be good options to try out when you return. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

we just came home from a 2 wk stay at the Avanti resort, when we booked this hotel it looked fab and we asked if we could have a quiet room with a pool view as the pool looked outstanding! we were put on the 2nd foor room 2232. upon arrival my 1st impression was wow! the rooms were very modern and crisp white sheets on 2 queen size beds, we arrived late afternoon around 5pm, after catching 2 flight from the u.k we was all very tired, we tried to go to sleep but the noise from the pool was a little loud! (music), so we decided to have a shower and look for somewhere to eat, after taking a shower i walked around the room without shoes on for about 15 minutes and my feet were black from the room floor! it was as if the floor had not been washed in months! i had to take pictures of our feet as we couldn't believe the state of them after having a shower 15 mins b4, (c fotos). also when i looked at the shower room the bath had a crack in it, and the bath and wall tiles had been painted over? (cheep way of decorating) by the end of the wk the paint was flaking off, i wouldn't let my 5 year old little girl have a bath, she had to shower instead, inconvenient as she loves a bath! also when i looked behind the bathroom door we found some unpleasant and unwanted hairs on the tiled floor, (fotos attached), i didn't complain about this as i knw house keeping clean rooms every day and maybe they just missed this on this occasion, so i thought i would just leave it until the next day when the cleaner would remove them, however these hairs stayed on the floor for 11 days!!! (c fotos) very poor house keeping, dust built up on bedside cabinet and this is not good for 3 asthma sufferers! very miserable cleaning staff i didn't see one of them smile or say good morning to us! and floors need to be washed not just brushed!!. sleeping at the hotel was a nightmare!! we got woken up 4 nights on a tamp between 3am and 4am by loud gangs of youths hanging around out side our room who have no consideration for other guest with young children, its hard enough walking around the Disney parks all day with out getting woke up by gangs of boys drinking outside our room, i rang reception to complain about this twice but the noise still came! also ur not allowed to put ur towels over the balcony to dry u will get told off about this! pfftt ridiculous!! when we went to the pool side bar we were told that if u buy ur 1st soft drink then u can refill the plastic glass as many times as u like as long as u stay within the pool area. u pay for 1 and then rest is free, this happened for 8 days and then when my husband went up for a refill they tried to charge him again, when he questioned the manager about this, he said we shouldn't have been having free drinks in the 1st place? so ur telling me that for over a wk we b having free refills and now u say we cant? bad management if this was the case? they should have noticed this in the beginning! ridiculous! we went to see another manager in reception and we was told its because we hadn't been eating at the hotel! excuse me we ate here loads of times and pay`ed cash every time we ate, they try to get u to swipe ur room key and then u will have a charge at the end of ur holiday! to much money has been spent on decoration the reception area and pool area, rooms r decorated on the cheep! disappointed in our stay as we have saved for 2 years to come to florida! never again. this hotel would be much better if they washed room floors regular, got new bathroom suits in, and concentrated on booking in familys instead of computer nerds and gangs of street dancers that keep u awake early hrs of the morning! oh and forgot to say the beds are very noisy when u turn over in them!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Karen, we appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We are so disappointed to know that your experience fell short of the high standards we strive for here at Avanti. We apologize that the flooring in your room was an inconvenience. The laminate flooring is actually more hygienic than traditional carpet as it is less likely to harbor bacteria or microorganisms. However, it requires a more intensive effort to maintain it's luster. Our housekeeping team washes the floors before each guest checks in and the floors are swept each day throughout your stay. We apologize that your floors were not up to our standards and we will be addressing all of your comments with our housekeeping team. We also apologize for the misunderstanding regarding our beverage policies. We will address this with our team internally to make sure that all policies are made clear and that guests are given correct information. We hope that you will accept our apologies for the aspects of your stay that were not as wonderful as they should have been. Our entire team is working to address the exact items that you mention so that they do not occur in the future. We sincerely apologize and hope that your family had a good time on your holiday.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved our stay at Avanti Resort. The hotel has been recently renovated, which adds to the fresh new look and feel. The hotel was spotless! The room was very spacious and clean, the bathroom was also extremely well kept. The gym, reception and pool area were beautiful and very inviting for either couples or families. We had a lot of fun especially at the pool area. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The location was fantastic! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to know that you loved your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning how spotless your room was as well as how clean you found the rest of the resort. It is wonderful to know that you found the pool area to be a great place to spend time. We look forward to serving you in the future!
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this resort for three nights this past weekend for a music festival. My boyfriend checked in while I was working third shift, so I never had a chance to interact with the front desk folks.

My first impression was very confused. We had gotten a room at a resort, and I was greeted with a slow elevator that would reopen after it started to close for no reason at all. I was also expecting an interior entrance hotel, and the buildings all have exterior entrances in a fashion more like that of a 2 star motel. I guess that it must have been an old motel that had been remodeled.

The room also has vinyl lament floor instead of carpet. There was a sign in the room explaining that it help cut down on allergens, and was substantially cleaner. It made sense, it just really caught me off guard.

We had stayed in room 4308, which is a double queen bed room. There was only one bed side table between the beds. It would have been nice if there was another so each bed had a separate table.

Another thing that was lacking was power sources in the room. I didn't notice a plug in the sink area, there was a floor lamp and a mini fridge assigned to one plug, a table lamp and alarm in the outlet by the beds, and the TV plug into the only other outlet we could find. We ended up having to unplug the alarm clock to be able to charge two cell phones overnight at the same time.

Speaking of the floor lamp, it is controlled by a wall switch that cuts the power to it. If you use the wall switch instead of the knob on the lamp itself, the lamp lightly flickers. I noticed it while on a late night toilet trip. I was actually pretty freaked out by it. My first thought was that a ghost was messing with it (I was sleepy), but then I realized that the electricity in the place wasn't the greatest. I became less afraid of ghosts, and more worried of a late night building fire.

In the morning, I was actually woke up by someone walking by outside our door talking in a normal tone about hummus and pita bread. The exterior walls are VERY thin! I didn't experience anymore noise than usual from rooms adjacent to ours, just people walking past, but staying asleep for the extra hour before the alarm on our phone was set to go off was impossible.

The pool area was VERY nice! The hot tub was the perfect temperature. The pool has a nice play area with fountains for the kids, and a sandy volleyball court. There is also an arcade and bar at the pool. It seems like a LOT of the remodel went into this area. Being a swimmer, I really appreciated it. The pool was nice and big, so I could swim laps if I chose to without running into anyone.

The room was very humid within, sadly. We had to keep turning the AC down, and eventually we kept it at 66 degrees. Even still things became wet in the room. Our swim suits never fully dried after our trip to the pool the first morning before our leaving the third morning. And, like I said, things would BECOME wet. My pajamas, and blankets on the bed were damp as I went to put them on for sleep, and my converse shoes were wet in the morning. I mentioned this to a friend after our group had left, and they said that with 5 people in their room, they had to keep the AC at 60 degrees, and had the same moisture issue in room 4125.

The morning that we were to check out, House keeping started knocking on the doors at 8:30am. Check out isn't until 11am, so that made it hard to sleep until the alarm.We had three house keeping attendants come to our room before 11am. The second knocked once lightly, and tried opening the door. We had the door locked and the "chain" engaged too. The third time, only the chain was engaged, and my boyfriend and I were in the process of getting dressed. This last time there was NO knock, and if it wasn't for the "chain" type lock at the top of the door, the attended would have seen me in my socks and NOTHING more. I was VERY unhappy with this :(

Upon checking out, I finally saw the reception area. It was very modern, and cozy. The workers in Starbucks pointed out where the business area was. The computers over there were $0.25/minute, and $0.75 per printed page. Luckily, my boyfriend had his laptop so he could work on homework between checking out of the room and our next venture.

Room Tip: Lower floors don't have to wait for the slow elevator, and would potentially have less people fu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Danielle, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is wonderful to hear that you did really enjoy the pool area and the hot tub throughout your stay. However, we are extremely disappointed to learn about the experience that you had. We have already had the elevator company come out to address the situation that you mentioned. That has been taken care of, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the misunderstanding with our housekeeping team. The department has reviewed your comments and this has been addressed internally. Please know that this is well below our usual high standard of service, and we are taking measures to ensure this does not happen again. We hope that you will accept our apologies and allow us the opportunity to show you the high quality experience that we typically provide to our guests. Should you decide to give us another chance, please contact us directly and we will assist in any way that we are able.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Simply horrible! Nothing like the photos... Rooms were tiny, pull out bed had a mattress as thin as a cracker, upon check out day we told the house keeper not to clean our room we still had things to collect from our room and needed 10 minutes. When we came upstairs for a final check of our room there were two men from house keeping throwing our stuff away and wearing my boyfriend's sun glasses. When we complained at the front desk the reps response was I will notify the housekeeping manager and that was that. We were beyond shocked. Never again.

• Stayed October 2013
Aintzane, we are extremely disappointed to hear about your stay. At Avanti, we take security very seriously. Please accept our deepest apologies and know that this is being investigated and we will be addressing it internally. This is not something that we consider to be acceptable and we will be taking action to ensure it does not occur in the future. We hope that you will consider giving us the chance to show you the high quality experience that we normally provide to our valued guests. If you would be willing to stay with us again, please contact us directly and we will ensure that you have a much improved experience. We look forward to the possibility of serving you in the future.
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Really enjoyed our romantic weekend getaway here... room (and property & pool) exceptionally clean and new looking! They're offering great off season specials/remodel specials right now too. We stayed in a king suite, I think.. only half wall separation, but very fresh & lovely.. only suggestion (and sooo minor) would be a light of some type in center of unit.. no lighting where sofa was? Shower/toilet area pretty standard hotel type, but definitely adequate and again, CLEAN! Pool has great layout, so families and couples at the pool all have some separate areas... room was quiet, even with what I thought might be a rowdy conference there, no problem at all... and their location was perfect for us... visited Howl at the Moon, restaurants in walking distance and even caught a comedy show at Improv really close to the hotel. We didn't use all the amenities, so more to discover next time.. but what we did experience was beyond acceptable, especially for the rates they're offering.
Every staff member we encountered greeted us, which is nice. Honestly, I work at a beach resort and think that and cleanliness are the key to the impressions of any property. They do both very well. Also definitely worth mentioning, check in... efficient and so friendly. And I was worried, because quite a few people were waiting when we walked up (nerdapalooza conf in the area I guess?), but we ended up in front of Danny.. and he was great. Smiling, helpful and efficient. Got to check out with him and he remembered us!... that's so nice, too :-) Will definitely be back for another get away, would be great with or without kids, honestly... have already recommended to coworker when I got back to work myself!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on your weekend getaway at Avanti. It is great to hear that you found everything to be so clean and experience exceptional service. The location of Avanti is perfect for couples because we are within walking distance of so many dining and nightlife venues. It is good to hear that you enjoyed that. We do appreciate your feedback regarding lighting in your king suite. We will take that in to consideration. Please feel free to contact us if we can assist in setting up your next weekend getaway. We appreciate you recommending us to your coworker, and look forward to welcoming you back!

Been to Avanti International Resort? Share your experiences!